Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

Johnny Cash, R.I.P.

I am not a country music fan, but this man was a classic...an American icon. Shame to see him go! Next will be Merle Haggard! Slow but surely, the great ones are departing the earth...such a shame!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    damm, Johnny Cash died?? The man was a legend
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Man I have almost everyone of his cd's. I like his kind of music. Merle and Waylon are good to. The new country all sounds like soft rock or something. Don't care for it. Give me Johnny or give me KORN!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, BT I agree with you...Waylon is dead..now Johnny. I hope Willie is seeing the doc on regular basis.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Willie will never die. Too many drugs in his system to allow it.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    When did Johnny die? Are you sure? It can't be!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

what does johnny cash sing?

i mean i know who he is, but what songs does he sing?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i mean i know who he is, but what songs does he sing?
    well his most recent hit was a remake of Nine Inch Nails.(hurt)......aslo an awesome cover of sound gardens (rusty cage)..........known for his prison concerts as well........

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I abosolutly love this man! Johnny cash has some of the catchiest (if that's a word) tunes. "my name is Sue" is one of the best. I serously am heart broken over this....he was a great man who partied his ass off. However, I kind of expected him to go considering his wife passed away before him. They were so close and his life really depended on her. Without her he was lost himself. He lived a good life and made a name for himself that will always stay around.

Johnny Cash you are the man and will always be the man. In memory of you today while I am stuck in the beautiful LA traffic I will be balring your CD's. RIP good fella!

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Contemporary country artists to me are nothing more than Michael Jackson's with Cowboy hats.
    Classic Country legends like Johnny and Hank are the readl deal. Im pretty upset about this. Some of my fav tunes are Cash classics. I got stripes, Cocaine blues (Guthrie remake), Long Black Veil, I walk the line, Man in Black, I still miss someone, Thirteen(danzig), Give my love to Rose, Dont take your guns to town, Folsom Prison blues, Flesh and blood, sunday morning coming down. man so many great songs. Man comes around is easily one of his best songs ever.

Vanmuscle is offline Junior Member
    And who can forget 'Ring of Fire'.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    He was a legend, Rest in Peace to the Man in Black.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    All of you have said it all too well, this man was a legend. All this Cookie cutter pop country sucks!(Hank III knows this for sure) all the outlaws are fading, but never gone!
    My fave by the man in black is 'Drive On' Where is RedRock for this thread anyhow?

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Rest in Peace Johnny.......he truly was a legend

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Man I have almost everyone of his cd's. I like his kind of music. Merle and Waylon are good to. The new country all sounds like soft rock or something. Don't care for it. Give me Johnny or give me KORN!
    Jesus BT, didn't he put out close to 100 albums??

RIP by the way.. hopefully you're in heaven, like you said you'd be.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Copied from his website:

"Hello, I'm Johnny Cash"
    Those four words resonated throughout the world much as "In God We Trust" and other familiar phrases which have stood the test of time.

Yet the introduction was never any more necessary than telling someone the name of the Mona Lisa when viewing the painting. Johnny Cash has been a household name for more than most people can remember, and his career spanned nearly five decades.

Few artists in history ever enjoyed the successful career Cash did. Many people describe him as a mythical, larger than life figure. Others describe him as one of the greatest recording artists of all time.

Yet there is no one description which adequately fits The Man In Black. He was a complex, unpredictable, ball of talent and energy that no one has ever been able to pigeonhole or categorize.

Johnny Cash's legacy will live on forever. His music, integrity and deeds will survive time itself. His contributions to mankind are immeasurable. A man loved by millions the world over; he will be deeply missed by all.

Bench-n-Squat's is offline Associate Member
    Mass Junkie,
    Just for the record, Jonny Cash originally wrote "hurt" in the 1970's but you probobly just recently herd it on the radio or saw it on CMT cuz his wife dide like 3 months ago. It was for her...

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by !DBF!
    Mass Junkie,
    Just for the record, Jonny Cash originally wrote "hurt" in the 1970's but you probobly just recently herd it on the radio or saw it on CMT cuz his wife dide like 3 months ago. It was for her...
    Actually the song your referring to is (hurt so bad) off the album (I would like to see you again)........anybody who is a NIN fan knows those are def trent Reznors lyrics......................RIP JOHNNY!!!

homeboy is offline New Member
    he was a true legend he will be missed.john ritter also passed away

redrock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caturpilar
    All of you have said it all too well, this man was a legend. All this Cookie cutter pop country sucks!(Hank III knows this for sure) all the outlaws are fading, but never gone!
    My fave by the man in black is 'Drive On' Where is RedRock for this thread anyhow?
    Thanks for noticing my absence Cat. The network was down here at school for 4 days. It was hell, had to communication with the outside world. I felt like I was in a bad nightmare

Yes, sadly the Man in Black is gone. After June passed away, I didn't think he was going to last much longer. He was one of my all time favorite artists.

For anyone interested, "Live at Folsom" and "Live at San Quentin" are two great albums. I hope he gets the respect he deserved now in his remembering. R.I.P...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I grew up listening to the Man in Black, country music lost one of it's best. Sad day indeed bros.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Johnny Cash was the man. No question about that. Lately I've been listening to a lot of his stuff and he covers some peoples songs better than the original artist does it.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I still can't belive that he's gone!

Why God could you not have taken Bin Ladden instead!

Thread Information