Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Oswald Spengler "the decline of the west"

Has anyone read that book and in that case is it worth buying?
    I have read about his ideas on the net and I am very interested in them.

Has he writen any other books that is good and is there anyone that has continued his work including more facts about more civilisations(seems like spengler focused on the classic civilisation and the western and talk very little about the egyptian, the chinese and the aztec)?

anyone?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Never heard of it. What's it about? Is it supposed to be any good?

Most of all, though, how are you doing these days? Better, yes? Last I heard you were feeling pretty awful . . .
    --Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Never heard of it. What's it about? Is it supposed to be any good?

Most of all, though, how are you doing these days? Better, yes? Last I heard you were feeling pretty awful . . .
    --Tock
    Im doing pretty ok right now. Not bad, but not super either. Started going to a pschyotheuraphist(this is a bad bad translation of the swedish world I have NO clue what the english word is) and I have a time to a Psychologist in the end of this month. The thing Im not sure about is, should I tell him I juice?? Will the roids effect any depression medication he might give me a prescription to?
    Btw thanks for asking bro.

The decline of the west is about the cycles every civilisation inevitably goes through and how we are in the end of our civilisation. From what I understand he has some good arguments for his theories and the little I have read on the net makes me think the book is a interesting read.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Im doing pretty ok right now. Not bad, but not super either. Started going to a pschyotheuraphist(this is a bad bad translation of the swedish world I have NO clue what the english word is) and I have a time to a Psychologist in the end of this month. The thing Im not sure about is, should I tell him I juice?? Will the roids effect any depression medication he might give me a prescription to?
    Btw thanks for asking bro.

The decline of the west is about the cycles every civilisation inevitably goes through and how we are in the end of our civilisation. From what I understand he has some good arguments for his theories and the little I have read on the net makes me think the book is a interesting read.
    ------------------

About "The Decline Of The West" . . . seems like a reasonable theory to me. I think one of the biggest problems for both east and west will be the demand that the growing populations put on natural resources. The rise of fundamentalism (both christian and moslem) is going to be another problem; we'll probably have something like World War 3 over some stupid religious crap; I'd guess in another century or so. The planet will probably be largely uninhabitable for a good long time, and while the Earth recovers and the population drops, we'll probably get back to a strange technology-enhanced agricultural society.
    If I'm wrong, y'all can pee on my grave . . .

About the other . . .
    Should you tell your psychologist/psychotherapist/psychiatrist (I went to one for about a year, I just called him my "shrink"--short for "headshrinker") about your AS use? Man oh man, I have no idea. It largely depends on what they do to AS users in Sweden. Here in the US they tie you up to the back of a pickup truck and drag you over 20 miles of gravel roads; not very enlightened. If you confess to your doctor, and your doctor has to report you to the police, and the police have to throw you in jail, I don't think I'd talk about it. On the other hand, if your shrink can keep your AS use a secret, and you feel you can trust him, I would consider it.

As far as steroids clashing with anti-depressant medication, I don't know, but usually drug interaction information can be found on the internet. Do a Yahoo search on
    Xanax and Contraindications
    to find info on when you shouldn't take Xanax . . . do the same on other drugs. What I'd suggest, though, is that you suggest that you and your shrink do "talk therapy" for a while, and meanwhile you end your current cycle with clomid & etc, and if things haven't improved in a few months, then ask about taking anti-depression medication.

Yah, I know how awful depression can be; sometimes it's like everything in the world is utterly hopeless, sometimes it's like you have a hurricane in your mind and not only does everything suck, but everything sucks chancred penises. Hang on though and you'll make it through allright. Remember you've got the entire AR board cheering for you . . .
    --Tock

Thread Information