View Poll Results: Have you ever been bullied?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

25 73.53%
  • Yes, I have a situation now that I explain in this thread.

2 5.88%
  • No...Never!

7 20.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    realityarts is offline Member

Have you ever been bullied?

Have you ever been harrassed by a "bully" in your life?

I can remember a time as a kid that I had been. I was actually scared at that time, but eventually ended up turning it around when I went ballistic on the bully.

I'd be interested in hearing some of your stories about bullies. Have you had any recent experiences? If so, how did it make you feel? Is it an ongoing situation for you?

Also, to what degree is your bodybuilding related to (in part) building a body that makes bullies think twice before messing with you?

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Never was really "harassed" or "bullied"..............but definlity picked on....mostly in grammer school..........for not knowing how to do my hair right or wearing tons of make-up like all the other girls did...........one girl was really bad......used to bother me every single week........(too bad now......she's a drug addict, dropped out of high school......and is working @ the local Walgreen's)......

but high school.....wasn't too bad......always had my click.......but was far from "Ms.Popular" and the whole cheerleading crew....... Seen some of the football, wrestling team out recently......."damn Danielle......you been training ,i see".................i'm just like......"ummmmmm.......who are you??!?!?!"......

"Success is the Best Revenge"
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle

"Success is the Best Revenge"
    You know when the revenge of success is taking its toll when people openly show their jealousy regarding your accomplishments.

Some people want you to be like they feel - often defeated. It's fun to turn their envious pessimism into success, by using a little child psychology on them.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    I remember being picked on as a freshman by this kid who was like 6'4". Everyone told me not to take his shit because he was a punk who had diabeties. So one day when he was talking shit I grabbed a book and chucked it at his face. It hit him in the side of the head and he was so shocked he cut the shit.

But yet Success is the Best Revenge........or slicing someone's tires.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, and thats why im getting big.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    4th grade some kid picked on me a few times. I told my folks about it, and they said, "Just ignore him and he'll go away." Worst advice they coulda gave me. Well, he didn't go away, and one day on the school playground he picked on me one time too often, and I flew into a blind rage, and all I can remember is holding on to his coat lapels and seeing his feet flying by the world as it spun around and around and around. I let him go and he flew into the pole that held the basketball net. I vaguely recall ambling to the school's concrete steps, and a teacher asked me if I was ok, and I said, "I guess so."
    Anyway, no one messed with me after that.
    But no, bullies never really had much to do with lifting . . . I was never interested in tennis (weird scoring), football (not interested in moving a turd-shaped ball), swimming (I can't), basketball (too fast for me), etc. Did a month of weightlifting in Jr. High gym class, and I knew it was for me . . . I can lift heavy stuff, and it's fun (for me, anyway). Takes lots of mental focusing, which I like, sorta like concentrating in a good game of chess. Yah, it's my karma . . .

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I got bullied occasionally in school.. But when it came to fights i held more than my own. It'd take a few years for the kids that thought they were hardasses to forget that i beat the piss out of one of their friends, and they'd come back for more. I was basically in a fight every 3 years from 2nd grade. As far as lifting goes, i just like it. There's something so satisfying about pushing your body to it's absolute limits.
    Speaking of that, i hit my new max bench today, 255@157 and 5'9

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I got bullied occasionally in school.. But when it came to fights i held more than my own. It'd take a few years for the kids that thought they were hardasses to forget that i beat the piss out of one of their friends, and they'd come back for more. I was basically in a fight every 3 years from 2nd grade. As far as lifting goes, i just like it. There's something so satisfying about pushing your body to it's absolute limits.
    I think a lot of bullies are insecure and just need something to make them feel better - like trying to make others feel bad. They always lose.

Congratulations on your new max press!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Props on your new max. My bench sucks.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks guys! it was my goal for dec, up from 247 1/2. i figured i'd just go for it.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I don't think I've ever seen what you'd call real bullying in my high school days. I mean there were some knobs that I made fun of every so often but mainly my buds and I would bust each others nuts, not some helpless losers. Besides it's more fun fucking with your good friends.

Having said that, I find it amazing how some people let themselves go after their youth is gone. It always makes me laugh when you se a hottie from high school that's now a fat slob with a shitty dead end job. If you are a loser, regardless if you looked like one or not in high school, time will eventually have it's revenge on you.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    word, i've been skinny all my life (hey i still am, check out the avatar). always hated it. there are a few times in my life i can recall when i >knew< i should have stood up for myself and busted some ass...but i chickened out instead...mainly because i see myself as tiny and everyone else as huge.

bbing hopefully will change that for me. rather than walking away like a tool, next time i'll make damn sure i'm not walked over...

as for bullied, i was always the small one in my cliques in elementary school and middle school, so yeah, i caught a lot of shit...but it was always from friends and it wasn't too bad. but i did hang out with the popular kids...=P

-- cb

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    word, i've been skinny all my life (hey i still am, check out the avatar). always hated it. there are a few times in my life i can recall when i >knew< i should have stood up for myself and busted some ass...but i chickened out instead...mainly because i see myself as tiny and everyone else as huge.

bbing hopefully will change that for me. rather than walking away like a tool, next time i'll make damn sure i'm not walked over...

as for bullied, i was always the small one in my cliques in elementary school and middle school, so yeah, i caught a lot of shit...but it was always from friends and it wasn't too bad. but i did hang out with the popular kids...=P

-- cb
    You are better off that you did walk away...though I understand what you mean. I'm sure you know that you have to feel good about yourself (including self-acceptance), regardless of what other people think (or more-likely what you think they think). I'm not going to give you the "good things come in small packages" routine, but you know what I'm saying. You got some good muscle going on - based upon your avatar. Obtain confidence...no one will give it to you. And believe me, beating someone up doesn't feel all that great.

Making fun of the helpless losers chicama......the guys who do pick on them. End up regretting it. Wether it be a baseball bat to the face, columbine, or just a success story you never know.

IF you ever watched the movie "Can't Hardly Wait". At the end, more then often the guys who punk everyone around do end up being nothing.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Does my older bro count?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    IF you ever watched the movie "Can't Hardly Wait". At the end, more then often the guys who punk everyone around do end up being nothing.

Hahah...Stifler at the end says, "...someone called me a Fag!" No flame or intended harm to anyone, it was just the timing and the way he said it that made me crack up. Stifler, he's all about that...saying certain things at the right time in the right way. He kills me.

mfenske is offline Member
    Hmmm let me think. Smart, fat (big ol' man boobies), new kid at school. Yeah, suffice it to say I was picked on a lot in Jr. High and HS. That pretty much stopped my junior year when I went from 5'10" and 210 to 6'3" and 250. I ended up at 6'5" 285 (really fat). Now nobody picks on me anymore because being a smart kid landed me a good job and being dedicated has gotten me to a point where I am really proud of the way I look. I'm at about 228 right now, roughly 18% bodyfat, and my longterm goal is 225 @ 12% or less. Mark

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Never !!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Yeah maybe when I came out of the womb and the doc slapped me on the a*s. J/K.
    Yeah i think everyone at one time or another has been bullied. Would it happen now? I don't think so.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I always get teased that I have chicken legs and im small.. Im getting sick of IT!!! what can I do guys? I always got teased in school... I was a midget hehe still am and I broke even at 120 when I graduated.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    I always get teased that I have chicken legs and im small.. Im getting sick of IT!!! what can I do guys? I always got teased in school... I was a midget hehe still am and I broke even at 120 when I graduated.
    Weren't you the one who had a story about doing 720lbs on one leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Weren't you the one who had a story about doing 720lbs on one leg?
    Ya your not gonna tease me to are you?

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Ya your not gonna tease me to are you?
    Its ok you got chicken legs bro. You just have that screen name to make people think there big. One day you will have my quads, oh yes one day...This is a bully thread right?....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    Its ok you got chicken legs bro. You just have that screen name to make people think there big. One day you will have my quads, oh yes one day...This is a bully thread right?....LOL
    Im trying... what should I do for them? whatever I do I cant break 33 inches... F*^&%in pissin me off. Everyone else is out there walking around with 36..37..38 inches quads.. im jealous.

(does that sound to sarcastic?)

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Hell...I was bullied from kindergarten the first time. Some little fockr named Ricky Ricardo would jump up and try to hit me. I closed my eyes one day, and threw a punch. Nailed him right in the stomach and he cried like there was no tomorrow . Then from 1st to 5th grade i was picked on by the SAME KID...Finally when I was 12, I picked up my chair and slung it into his ribs.

Then from 6th - 8th grade, about 4 guys picked on me in choir class...One of them doesnt remember, I hit one of them (got my ass beat ) and one of them is now a punk. Funny thing is, i'm bigger then the two that gave me the most hell now . How I wouldnt like a good swing at them...

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    hoss, in about ten years, you're gonna need a lot of therapy

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    hoss, in about ten years, you're gonna need a lot of therapy
    I've allready had therapy from that sh!t...

cb25 is offline Banned
    I was bullied...maybe more like Danielle said, "picked on" throughout most of my school years, from elementary school to high school. It pretty much stopped near the end of high school, but Junior high was 2 years of my life that I'd rather forget....it was rough. I was overweight, a huge dork, I cried at the drop of a dime...not a pretty sight.

I hated it then, but I have to say I wouldn't change it, as it's made me who I am today. I'm a lot tougher, and i'd say somewhat more sympathetic than I was...I feel that i'm better for it...but it definitely sucked ass at the time.

It's funny to me now when people see me, who haven't seen me since jr high or high school...or just people who grew up with me. I'm not the same person at all...

Quote Originally Posted by cb25

I hated it then, but I have to say I wouldn't change it, as it's made me who I am today. I'm a lot tougher, and i'd say somewhat more sympathetic than I was...I feel that i'm better for it...but it definitely sucked ass at the time.

It's funny to me now when people see me, who haven't seen me since jr high or high school...or just people who grew up with me. I'm not the same person at all...

exactly....so true..............but i cant wait for high school reunion......lol
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

exactly....so true..............but i cant wait for high school reunion......lol
    I can't wait for mine eiether...I'm gonna be a dammn gorilla !

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I can't wait for mine eiether...I'm gonna be a dammn gorilla !

hehehe.......but you need to get out of high school first

hehehe.......but you need to get out of high school first
    Yeah....you're right on that. I might not even survive through it all...

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    bullied? well, when i was in 6th grade there was some punk ass 11th grader who always beat up my friend and I. We fought it as best we could but theres not much you can do. I used to talk **** to him whenever I saw him for being such a pussy that he had to fight guys 5 grades lower than him....every now and then i'd get a solid hit in, he never went down though.... that was long time ago. It never really got to me mentally, I just got tired of gettin stomped and bashed into lockers.

shootdeep is offline Member
    yeah, a lot when i was in school. there was a real dick that harassed me pretty bad. i was 6'1" 175lbs. we "squared" things away at our class reunion. he was too drunk to notice the 50lbs of beef that i had put on. it felt great!!

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Never bullied, but i do regret the punishment i have put on my little brother..... I thought he would turn into a tough little ****er, but instead, hes just an annoying brat, that is like a little baby...... I know i caused it, the fear in his eyes, the flinches he gets when i walk by him.... I dont regret puttin punishment on any one else but him...... I was never bullied... I remeber when i moved when i was 13, some kid tried to punk me out my first day of school, and cracked me in the face, I took it turned around cracked him( broke his nose) then turned and crack the kid standing next to him...

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I was suspened 4 times my freshman yr for fighting...Lets just say I didn't get picked on any more. I must have fought half the **** senior class...

cb25 is offline Banned
    true...i missed my 5 year on purpose though. it was a generic little party thrown at some girl's parents' house...and I wasn't in the mood to see them that soon...nor was I ready to hear everyone else brag about how great they are now...I grew up in a small town so everyone still basically knows what most people are doing...

but by the 10yr reunion...i suppose I'll make an appearance...not only because physically I'm not the same...but i've made a lot of other great achievements in my life that i'm pretty proud of.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Man i grew up in a fighting neighborhood. I was bullied by this punk lived up the street from me. For couple years I was scared of him because he was like this biker kid with older brothers that worked out and his parents were these biker type bad azz people.

Whole neighborhood watched out for this house. One day I had enough and I snapped. He caught me walking to school at the corner. I went crazy and beat his freakin ass into the ground. Smashed his head into the curb cracked his skull. Two ladies stopped there car and screamed at me to stop killing him.

After I heard them I realized what I was doing because I wasn't stopping when the blood was everywhere. That kid never touched me again. Now he is in jail for murder for life for raping and killing a little girl. Stuffed her body into a factory oil or chemical container.

Guess I didnt knock enough sense into him. If anyone wants to know who this kid was. His name is Ande Trombley. Whole family is doing life.

I should have killed him.

Here's a nice long article on the case. Happened in 1992.
    If you go here http://www.freep.com/newslibrary/
    Type in "10-year-old Deanna Seifert". You can read up on this scumbag.
    Last edited by LuvMyRoids; 01-22-2004 at 08:48 AM.

BabyGirl01 is offline Female Member
    i remember being picked on cause i was always so skinny. but after i got ino a big fist fight with a girlfriend of mine no one seemed to bother me anymore, and was just friends with everyone. i guess they realized i was no that weak as everyone thought. looks are deceaving!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information