RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

What's up with everyone wanting to be a Gangsta?

Seems like everywhere I turn I see thugs. Maybe it's just my neighbourhood, or maybe it's just the rest of the world.

On another thread on AR they were talking about a site called www.hotornot.com and www.facethejury.com. I swung by and checked it out and hooooly crap.

A large majority of them is pure gangsta...internet gangster atleast.

In no way do I mean this as a sexist comment, but even like 14 year old girls are talkin' about how they're turned off by a "Man hu dun respe' me. And if you dun be dat man, fuk u."

14? If my daughter or neice was on that site, oooooh boy. I'd rough someone up.

I have nothing against anyone, just curious why everyone wants to be 50 Cent nowadays. Why. Haha, and what really gets me is when his tune "Wanksta" comes on in a club and you see all the wannabe-gangsters throw their gun-shaped-hands up in the air.....they realize that his song is about FAKE gangsters? And they're saluting it as though he's talking about them. That's fuckin' gangster....haha...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Cause they are dorks.....plain and simple. I don't mind street bums, black, hispanic people doing this shit so much but when a little rich white kids try to be a big bad black gangsta, that pisses me off. It's like you aren't a gangta if you live at home and your mommy makes yer lunch and daddy drives you to hockey practice.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I happen to think it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I swear to you I bust up laughing the moment I see one. I don't care if they get pissed off or not I just can't help it.

jersey juice is offline Member
    I HATE THAT SHIT!!! I work with a couple guys who are in their early 20's and sometimes when they start talking I have to say "Hey white boy, in english please." The best part about it is all the black guys laugh at them and make fun of them. I live near Newark and we have plenty of real deal gangstas around here and you see who's fake & who's real. F'n Eminem wannabe's, can't stand that!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Seems like everywhere I turn I see thugs. Maybe it's just my neighbourhood, or maybe it's just the rest of the world.

On another thread on AR they were talking about a site called www.hotornot.com and www.facethejury.com. I swung by and checked it out and hooooly crap.

A large majority of them is pure gangsta...internet gangster atleast.

In no way do I mean this as a sexist comment, but even like 14 year old girls are talkin' about how they're turned off by a "Man hu dun respe' me. And if you dun be dat man, fuk u."

14? If my daughter or neice was on that site, oooooh boy. I'd rough someone up.

I have nothing against anyone, just curious why everyone wants to be 50 Cent nowadays. Why. Haha, and what really gets me is when his tune "Wanksta" comes on in a club and you see all the wannabe-gangsters throw their gun-shaped-hands up in the air.....they realize that his song is about FAKE gangsters? And they're saluting it as though he's talking about them. That's fuckin' gangster....haha...
    wut da fuk ronny.....why you be trying me like dat....imma bus a cap in your big ass.......................305 in da mother fukn house........lmao

*LMAO @ MASS JUNKIE!*

Wa'ya say? Me a da roughest, toughest boumbaclot come out a Jamaica, y'understand? *makes gunshot noises*

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Re: the original post...so, so true. People just need something to latch onto, so they pretend like they are hardcore.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Oh and now ebonics is a language, so its ok and proper to talk like a gangsta. Tizight man, for shizzle my nizzle. Im gansta to the core word up playa.........LOL.....Hey to each there own right? I mean if you dont talk like that, dont pretend. IMO you only look like a dumb ass if you try to someone or something you not.......
    Last edited by talon; 09-15-2003 at 03:05 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Well everyone cant be hillbillys...YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING!

stocksandblondes is offline New Member
    All I can say is when I hear someone talking like that, to me it sounds soo uneducated. However it is the thing now, I think it all boils down to peer pressure, people see their friends talking and acting a certain way, and to fit in, they think that is the way to go.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I think that kids now a days, want to be respected. Therefore they put on this image that they are a "gansta" to give themselves a certain "air of mystery" or fear and in their minds it makes them think that people respect them out of fear. Personally I think it is stupid. Just my .02 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian30
    I think that kids now a days, want to be respected.
    And they expect respect by acting like gang members?

I can see why the real gangstas do it, it's a question of survival in a tough environment... I may not like it, but I respect it.

But when I see some rich or middle class white boy all dressed up and talking and gesturing in "yo yo this and yo yo that" pretending to be some tough gangsta, I just want to puke. They get no respect from me... hell they just make me laugh.

Fortunately my kid also thinks it looks and sounds ridiculous. The day he comes home acting like a gangsta with his pants hanging down to his knees there will be hell to pay

Red

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Have you guys seen Malibu's most wanted? the movie was hilarious. exactly what ronny's talking about.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    And yes even here in Montana I have seen these things go on.... it is sad. The day you leave the sheep in the field and pick up a Gat... simply shocking.

Sonnie is offline Junior Member
    Yeah there all over the world; trust me we have our fair share in AU as well. Wearing cloths 3 sizes to big for them, lifting up their pants every step; acting hard when you know you could drop them - it's fucken pathetic.

Montana Gangstas... ah yeah....

Almost as bad as Halifax Gangstas or Winnipeg Gansgsta

Red

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    LOL Red.. ya its a sight let me tell you. But you know they cant jack anyone cause we can pull our guns of the gun rack an' scope em' in.

I remember the first time I went to Souther California way back in February I ended up visiting Long Beach, Inglewood and driving through South Central and the one thing I noticed about the real thugs and gangsters is that most of them are cool with you. They don't go out of their way to be a bitch to you or even give you cut eye when you walk bye. They're too into their own thing and honestly have enough problems of their own to be creating anymore. Another thing I noticed is that real thugs aren't thugs by choice, a lot of them are born into it or have no choice BUT to resort to joining a gang.

Whenever I go places like Toronto (which is getting Pretty bad) or even just hearing about "Winnipeg Thugs" and "Halifax Thugs" it makes me laugh, but it's sad at the same time. There's no need to be like that. All the fake gangsters go out of their way to start shit. That's what really pisses me off. They try to give themself a reputation.

They can suck my ass.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Reading this thread all I could picture is that dude from Office Space sitting in his car playing that hardcore rap trying to be all gansta himself and turning it down and looking straight ahead when that black dude walks by. I'll bet that happens more times than not.

Quote Originally Posted by caturpilar
    Reading this thread all I could picture is that dude from Office Space sitting in his car playing that hardcore rap trying to be all gansta himself and turning it down and looking straight ahead when that black dude walks by. I'll bet that happens more times than not.
    Awww man I love that movie.......I thought I was the only person who seen it..............I love it when the boss keeps moving that one guy and finally he ends up coming to work even though he isnt getting a paycheck

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Awww man I love that movie.......I thought I was the only person who seen it..............I love it when the boss keeps moving that one guy and finally he ends up coming to work even though he isnt getting a paycheck
    Heeeey Milton, Whaaaats happening.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i know what your saying bro thay are all over these days. white guys calling each other the N word. its like the urban cowboy in the 80s lol

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Blame it all on MTV, public school systems and Baby Boomer parents.

Quote Originally Posted by caturpilar
    Heeeey Milton, Whaaaats happening.
    exactly........

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    lol, i love office space! The best is when sabir breakdances, and when they fuck up the fax machine.

Where i come from, we call these kids wiggers (if they're white). They're ostracized, and generally picked on.

btw, not to hijack the thread, but i just posted some pics of myself and i'm going to start precycle training. Planning my first cycle for jan. It's in the member's pics section if anyone's interested.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Kill em all...every baggy jean, Jordan sportin' one of them.-

Haha, yeah, Office Space was a bad movie. That part where the white guy is listening to 2 Pac and he turns it low when the black guy walks bye is TOO funny. So is the Fax Machine part...all the parts that were previously mentioned. Joookes!

What else was jokes is when the dude kept day-dreaming about his girl having sex with his boss. That was hilarious!

Fuckin' gangsters...

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Fuck ya'll hahahah. I'm on face the jury. Here's my profile:

http://www.facethejury.com/profile.a...r_name=Calipso

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Alright, I'm dropping my daughter of at high school and as we're waiting for the light to change a group of kids are crossing the street. One of these rocket scientists is wearing a pair of pants so big it could have been used as a circus tent. So he's holding his pants up with one hand and carrying his book bag in the other.............lights changing so he starts to run............lets go of his pants...........the material collects at his feet and BAM......he goes down like a ton of bricks! Of course I'm just barely able to keep from busting out in laughter (I had the window down and I didn't want to make him feel bad.........it looked like it hurt) but when he turned around to look at the ground like there was something there that made him trip....................I lost it! That would have been the end of it however the kid couldn't help but hear me so when he catches up to his friends, I swear too you, he gives me the tough guy eye..........when he does that I'm howling.....tears are starting to come out and I can't even freaking breath. My daughter was practically on the floor board laughing so hard.

When she gets out of the truck I tell her to find that kid and beg him to do that again tomorrow because I wanted to bring a video camera to record that........................we'd of won America's Funniest Home Video without a doubt.

Giving me the evil eye.....................that was the icing to the cake................I wish anyone of you were there to see this. I swear this kid would be as big as the Star Wars Kid if I had a video camera with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Alright, I'm dropping my daughter of at high school and as we're waiting for the light to change a group of kids are crossing the street. One of these rocket scientists is wearing a pair of pants so big it could have been used as a circus tent. So he's holding his pants up with one hand and carrying his book bag in the other.............lights changing so he starts to run............lets go of his pants...........the material collects at his feet and BAM......he goes down like a ton of bricks! Of course I'm just barely able to keep from busting out in laughter (I had the window down and I didn't want to make him feel bad.........it looked like it hurt) but when he turned around to look at the ground like there was something there that made him trip....................I lost it! That would have been the end of it however the kid couldn't help but hear me so when he catches up to his friends, I swear too you, he gives me the tough guy eye..........when he does that I'm howling.....tears are starting to come out and I can't even freaking breath. My daughter was practically on the floor board laughing so hard.

When she gets out of the truck I tell her to find that kid and beg him to do that again tomorrow because I wanted to bring a video camera to record that........................we'd of won America's Funniest Home Video without a doubt.

Giving me the evil eye.....................that was the icing to the cake................I wish anyone of you were there to see this. I swear this kid would be as big as the Star Wars Kid if I had a video camera with me!
    thats hilarious

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Can rednecks be gangstas???

mfenske is offline Member
    Oooh I can feel the flame coming on this one, but the more I hang out here the more I trust you all (a mistake I'm sure) but here goes. First, guilty as charged on the charge of Wigger, wanna-be, suburban gangsta, etc. But you'll be happy to know that growing older (and a 12 step recovery program) has helped me to realize that I am a white guy from WI not a thug from Compton, CA. Second I hate to correct Ronny the Bull, but Micheal Bolton (I LOVE OFFICE SPACE!!!!) was listening to Scarface's album The Diary (Good Rap Album). I look at it this way. You will usually notice that those that are very athletic and popular aren't the wannabe types, which I feel explains the whole thing. They want to be recognized, respected, feared, etc. I realize now how stupid I was. One last thing. "What the F*ck is PC load letter?" Mark

Kato is offline Member
    I gotta throw in my 2 cent on this.....kids nowadays....rap and hip hop, its all they know. I mean its funny to see wankstas and all but they really don't know any better? Its just like the 70's w/ the long greasy ass hair, the 80's w/ the Flock of Seagulls look, and the 90's w/ the Grunge thing. I started to listen to NWA and 2 Live Crew(everybody say haaaaaay we want some pussaa) when I was a freshman. Don't get me wrong I wasn't totting no gatts or no shit like that. But it was cool and I enjoyed the new sounds...alot. To tell ya the truth I don't let my pants fall off my ass but I don't mind a little bit of a sag. What do ya do?

Kato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Oooh I can feel the flame coming on this one, but the more I hang out here the more I trust you all (a mistake I'm sure) but here goes. First, guilty as charged on the charge of Wigger, wanna-be, suburban gangsta, etc. But you'll be happy to know that growing older (and a 12 step recovery program) has helped me to realize that I am a white guy from WI not a thug from Compton, CA. Second I hate to correct Ronny the Bull, but Micheal Bolton (I LOVE OFFICE SPACE!!!!) was listening to Scarface's album The Diary (Good Rap Album). I look at it this way. You will usually notice that those that are very athletic and popular aren't the wannabe types, which I feel explains the whole thing. They want to be recognized, respected, feared, etc. I realize now how stupid I was. One last thing. "What the F*ck is PC load letter?" Mark
    Yaaaa, mfenska's not a wankster...yaaaa.....yaaaaaa....now you say.... lady......mfenskes not a wankster.....yaaaaaaaa......yaaaaaaaa.....lady...
    yaaaaaa.mfenskes not a wankster......yaaaaaaaa......yaaaaaaa.......
    yaaaa....mfenkskes got mail......yaaaaaaa.....he's not a wankster....... lady.......yaaaaaaa.......yaaaaaaaaaa........yaaaa aaaaaa........yaaaaaaaa

I stand corrected, you're right MFENSKE, it was SCARFACE...my bad! "Just don't shoot me son, you nah I mean playa"

nj juice is offline Member
    How about the long white shirts guys? I can't believe nobody said anything so far about the long white shirts....... What the fuck is it with wearing a supersized plain white t-shirt that hangs down past your knees? Oh yeah and what is with the fitted hats? How come you don't bend the front of the hat anymore, they just wear it straight.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    you should check out that movie called "whiteboyz". its about "wiggers" and its actually pretty hilarious...

-- cb

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    dude. that movie sucks. its about wiggers from IOWA and let me be the first to tell you THERE ARE NO THUGS IN IOWA. its kinda funny to watch, but no be depressed when you feel like you got ripped off.

ross3814 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Cause they are dorks.....plain and simple. I don't mind street bums, black, hispanic people doing this shit so much but when a little rich white kids try to be a big bad black gangsta, that pisses me off. It's like you aren't a gangta if you live at home and your mommy makes yer lunch and daddy drives you to hockey practice.
    Could'nt have been better stated. Rock on.

Thread Information