big daddy k de is offline Senior Member

My Wisdom Teeth are Going

ok guys i am scheduled to get my wisdom teeth out on Friday. thay dont hurt right now but my dentist saide thay need to come out. the doc said i will only have to rest for 3 days then i can get back to my workouts. has anyone gone threw this. how much pain will i be dealing with, Whats the best thing to do for this situation
    tell me your storys

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    ok guys i am scheduled to get my wisdom teeth out on Friday. thay dont hurt right now but my dentist saide thay need to come out. the doc said i will only have to rest for 3 days then i can get back to my workouts. has anyone gone threw this. how much pain will i be dealing with, Whats the best thing to do for this situation
    tell me your storys
    I got a tooth pulled today and have had wisdom teeth pulled in the past... rest? I worked out and im here to live and tell my story.

sublang is offline Junior Member
    I had my wisdom teeth pulled a couple of years ago and I think the pain is overrated. I had an extreme case where my teeth were impacted and I had 5 wisdom teeth. The only negative was some mild nerve damage. Just make sure you take care of your teeth (or abscence of) and don't get dry sockets. I've heard that's pretty painful. Good luck.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    It's nothing to worry about bro. Get some tylenol with codeine and you're good to go.

Vice is offline Associate Member
    I had 2 removed, still have to get the other 2 removed - didn't get knocked out, only had them frozen, honestly......no big deal don't sweat it

Dr. prescribed me tylenol's but I didn't even need them, I was eating whole foods the next day as well as training.

Good luck.......

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    You'll be so numbed out it won't matter. You might be grossed out though because you'll see ALOTTTTT OF BLOOD. Other than that don't worry. I took vicadin, tylenol. I bled alot that day from the mouth but the next day I was eating solid foods.

Funniest thing is I had my wisdom teeth taking out during boot camp. 3 days of relaxing and sleeping peacefully while my division got dropped and forced to do pushups and shit for 4 hours straight.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I had mine pulled three years ago due to my jaw being broke in three places. My jaw was literally hanging off my face. Anyway from what i remember it does not really hurt at all, i mean your gums will feel torn up for a few days but in my experience that's about it.

i was taking automatic morophine shots every 15 min and i had a lortab every 4-5 hour, but i still don't think it hurt.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I had mine taken out when I was 24. I have a very high tolerance for pain and that may have been one of the worst experiences I went through. All 4 were impacted and they knocked me out for the procedure but for almost 2 weeks I couldn't eat and the pain was really bad.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I had mine pulled in Marine Boot Camp 3 of them... they said they had to go now so they wouldn't become a problem later... I felt like a car getting stripped down for parts...

BigMike J - welcome back, good to see the Sustaman avatar getting some use

lol thanks

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I was in the same boat as Mudman, had four impacted wisdom teeth pulled. They knocked me out but I suppose due to my size I started coming out of it in the middle of the prcedure. The thing that struck me odd was the doc was jerking away on my tooth and was like "holy crap he's waking up". My jaw was sore as heck for a few days and I couldn't eat anything solid as well. Doc gave me Vicdine (god bless that man) so it wasn't to bad. Like the bros said just keep it clean afterward.........dry socket sucks big time.

You guys got knocked out?!? Damn Corpsmen! I just got a few shots of novacane and what seemed like a chissel chipping apart the teeth... after they put some cloth over my eyes... and then some gauze to chew on and back to the barracks on a liquid diet... boot camp is a shitty place to get wisdom teeth pulled...

If you can go under - do that... otherwise, it's a very strange thing to be awake for...

I healed quickly enough though. I wasn't alowed to "sound off" for a few days while the scarring took effect. The strangest thing is getting used to the new gaps in your mouth... but after a month or so you don't notice it.

mass junkie is offline banned
    nothing I hate more than having to go to the dentist...............especially that infamous. drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound......
    Last edited by mass junkie; 09-16-2003 at 10:38 PM.

call me crazy but when i see that needle i get all warm and fuzzy inside

Sorry dawg not trying to jack your thread.
    Last edited by BigMike J; 09-16-2003 at 08:53 PM.

well Warrior im not getting knocked out just the shots in the mouth

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    You guys get numb?!?! Shit just go in there DEMAND they just do it and REFUSE the pain killers. They get all weird and stuff

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Had all 4 done at once with the laughing gas. Only thing I wish the dentist didn't do was say, "Oh-oh!" Didn't feel much pain, even afterward, with the mild painkillers.
    It'll feel weird when you run your tongue over where your wisdom teeth used to be. And don't be surprised if you want to take a whole week off . . .

Warrior I'd have gone for the Novacain shots but unfortunetly for me that stuff has zero effect on me. I had a root canal done a while back and before we started I told the doc there was no need for Novacain because it doesn't work on me. He flat out said that's impossible. So I said well then go ahead. He shots me up, waits a while for it to take effect then starts to drillin. He sees me gripping the arm rest like I'm about to pull it off and asks if I can feel what he's doing. I said Hell yes you dumb sh**t I told you it does NOT work. So what does this jerk do? Starts pumping more of that crap in my jaw. He put so many shots in there that it running down my throat. Now my neck and face feel like their three feet thick but when he starts back to drilling I can feel everything. I finally just told him get your crap together and work as fast as you can because there is nothing you can do unless you want to knock me out. So for another thirty minuets he drilling and filling and I'm twisting the hell out of his arm rest (I'm sure I bent it up good). I have a high tolerance for pain but bro that one almost brought me to tears. Weird as crap but God's honest truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    You guys got knocked out?!? Damn Corpsmen! I just got a few shots of novacane and what seemed like a chissel chipping apart the teeth... after they put some cloth over my eyes... and then some gauze to chew on and back to the barracks on a liquid diet... boot camp is a shitty place to get wisdom teeth pulled...

If you can go under - do that... otherwise, it's a very strange thing to be awake for...

I healed quickly enough though. I wasn't alowed to "sound off" for a few days while the scarring took effect. The strangest thing is getting used to the new gaps in your mouth... but after a month or so you don't notice it.
    Yep..... and I'm glad he did it that way. My wisdom teeth were impacted under my other teeth so I think there was no other option anyway. He made me get all 4 done at once because he said I would never come back to get the other two out later. He's right... the pain was so bad I would have never gotten the last 2 out.

Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member
    dude dont worry about it

I got all 4 taken out at once and went back to basketball the next day
    I think one main reason they want you to rest is if you do something strenous it could rip the stitches and cause you lots of bleeding

to be honest I do have a very high tolerance for pain but the most pain from it occured 2 days after, I went back to the doctor to get checked up and what he did was take a thicker gauged like )10 gauge) needle(not for injecting) and shot almost boiling water into the areas where my teeth had been(there was food clogging there and he did this to get it out) this was the most pain I was in with the whole procedure and it hurt enough that I jumped out of the chair and tried grabbing the doctors arm

(((big daddy k de cancels his appointment...)))

J/K - it won't be a problem - they'll give you enough novacain till you say you are comfortable. Just remember, if you go over board with the novacain you won't be able to talk straight You'll feel the bumps and dings but you shouldn't feel any real pain.

Just another one of those things ya gotta do... hopefully the Dentist will have some hot little Dentist's aid in a short cut blouse that will wipe your drool for you

You shouldn't run into any complications like TheMudMan or Juggernaut2148

Warrior's right Big D. I doubt you have anything like what Mud and I went through. I'm just one of those guys that reacts different than most when it comes to pain killers and Mud.............well he's just got some messed up teeth.............I'm mean really look at his avatar..........there pointing all which a ways for crying out loud. J/J there Mud.

Relax D man, you'll be fine. It'll be over before you know it. let us know how it turns out. Then you can tell us all how easy it was and the me and mud are just a couple of daisy's. It might turn out that you're as tough as Warrior...he'll he's so bad cavities are scared of him. hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Warrior's right Big D. I doubt you have anything like what Mud and I went through. I'm just one of those guys that reacts different than most when it comes to pain killers and Mud.............well he's just got some messed up teeth.............I'm mean really look at his avatar..........there pointing all which a ways for crying out loud. J/J there Mud.

Relax D man, you'll be fine. It'll be over before you know it. let us know how it turns out. Then you can tell us all how easy it was and the me and mud are just a couple of daisy's. It might turn out that you're as tough as Warrior...he'll he's so bad cavities are scared of him. hahahah
    Jugg you better watch your back now bro... you know I have evil powers... didn't you? Just look at my avatar.

big daddy k de I hope everything goes well on Friday.

Vanmuscle is offline Junior Member
    It really depends if they're impacted (below the gums) or not. Mine weren't impacted, I had two taken out one day (local anasthetic) and went water-skiing the next day. Had the other two taken out a few months later... same thing. Had the final two (I had two on each side on the top) taken out a few months later, again no prob.

HAHA yhea Warrior i hope they have a hot nurse i will grab her as and say it helps with the pain lol i guess im lucky i only got 3 wisdom teeth so it wont be supper bad. on the bright side i will get off from class. after i get those bitches out on Friday i will hit up the board and tell you how it goes

ok well i just got home from the dentist face is still num. really wasnt that bad. the best edvice i can give is close your eyes and just relax my left side wasnt quite num so i fealt a bit of pain. Oh allso no hot nurses damn and i got perkaset woooooow!!!! lol

Good to hear...... Wait until tomorrow that will be the test. It was the next day when I was hurting. Hopefully you will be fine... plus the perks will help a lot

yhea late last night was a bitch but this morning i feal awsome i just are a shit load of solid food. gums hurt a bit but not to bad and now im off pain killers guess im lucky

Thread Information