mass junkie is offline banned

Remembering 9-11

Do you guys remember what you were doing this day 2 years ago?

I was at work listening to Howard Stern when the 1st plane struck the tower.......I didnt really think much about it......untill the second plane crashed into the second tower.........then I spent the rest of the day glued to the TV. Hard to believe that its already been 2 years

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I was at the gym doing my cardio on the stationary bike with a fellow firefighter. We both went in on night shift that night.

Man do we ever do things a lot differently on the fire ground these days because of that day.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I was sitting in the same chair that I'm sitting at now. It's hard to believe it was 2 years ago.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    I friend of mine called me from WFC (a block away from the twin towers) - and told me to turn on the TV.

When I was a kid, I remember riding the school bus and watching cranes on the top of the roof of tower2 and helicopters delivering materials - the second tower was still under construction........ it was the first one to collapse.......

I hope they'll rebuild them.........
    Last edited by Rookiejay; 09-11-2003 at 09:17 AM.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i remember new york was just at a stand still........everyone was in shock........remember the fire engines blazing down the streets.....every firefighter and police officer in ny basically, was called to duty.....retired or not...............my uncle's life was spared by a matter of seconds..........others weren't so lucky.........god bless everyone who was lost........

the thing that always got to me was every single day in Newsday........they had a section for "The Lost"..........with everyones profile and pictures........and it was so sad to read that........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I was showing up late for work.

When entering the building I saw tonnes of people standing around some financial news TV's watching something. I took a peak and it said that the Pentagon was on fire. I was like...I guess that's big news. I get to my office and start talking to a co-worker...I mentioned that the Pentagon was on fire...he said "Do you not know why?" He then informed me of all the events. I was at a loss for words.

It has affected our way of life. I can get filled with hate while talking about this subject so I'm going to stop.

GOD BLESS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    i remember new york was just at a stand still........everyone was in shock........remember the fire engines blazing down the streets.....every firefighter and police officer in ny basically, was called to duty.....retired or not...............my uncle's life was spared by a matter of seconds..........others weren't so lucky.........god bless everyone who was lost........

the thing that always got to me was every single day in Newsday........they had a section for "The Lost"..........with everyones profile and pictures........and it was so sad to read that........
    I grew up on Manhattan - and later up till 09/11/2001 - I'd spend at least 1 week out of every month in NYC.........

I can't go there anymore....... I want to, but I just can't.......

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    For me I was getting ready to head to work and my buddy called and said "a plane crashed into the WTC building." Just as I turned on the TV, plane #2 just hit. I was shocked. At the time I was living in a suburb of Chicago and the drive to work downtown scared the shit out of me.

I think people have forgotten the magnitude of this! I saw video the other night of close ups of watching people jump to there Death. It is then I knew we must continue the crusade in Iraq and Afgan. We must fight for our freedom

God Bless America

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I was at work listening to Stern when he said that a plane crashed into one of the towers. I thought it was one of his jokes and then a few minutes later my girlfriend called and told me to turn CNN on.

I couldn't belive what was going on. Just to watch those buildings crumble is something I will never forget. It was a sad day.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I was woken up by my brother and her told me to turn on the tv. I remember just being pissed off the whole day. That day gave me the push to join the Marines. Now I am looking foward going to Afganisan and kill some of those people

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member

A day we will never forget

This time two years ago I was sitting excatly where I am now at my desk in Long Island...... After hearing about the first plane crashing into the WTC we turned on the TV's and Radio's to listen to what was happening.... We all saw the second one hit the other tower.

I called my dad at home he is part of the FDNY, asked him what was going on... I will remeber it to this day he said.... it looks like two giant candles burning..... He said I am going in there to help......my heart stopped told him I love him and be safe.......He said he loved me and the entire family..... We didn't hear from him till about 8am the next day.... talk about the worst 24 hours in my life and my families.....Not hearing from him and not knowing where or what was going on. But he was safe just had to stay down there and help everyone out.

God Bless all those who lost there lives and all the families that were affected my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Terrible day. I was doing homework early day. My ex g/f called and cought me up on the events. At first I thought it was a j/k, switched on the the t.v. and was in awe, I couldnt believe. Wow, its already been two years, wow. This was also a horrible day for me, good bye to the lost. Good Bless America and the lifes lost during that horrible event......
    Last edited by talon; 09-11-2003 at 11:49 AM.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    To all those who help out and who were lost
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remembering 9-11-firemen-raising-flag-wtc.jpg  

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I was on my way to class (hard to belive I was still in high school), when the bell rang there were only like 50 people in the hall ways, everyone was watching TV. My class didn't know anything about it until the bell rang

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victims of 9/11. I was getting goose bumps today while watching the children of the victims reading the names of all the people that were killed....It is truly a day that will not be forgotton.

At the same time, I hope the scumbags behind the attacks realize Americans have moved on with their lives and that they will never take away what is ours...especially our PRIDE....God Bless.

~US~

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiejay
    I grew up on Manhattan - and later up till 09/11/2001 - I'd spend at least 1 week out of every month in NYC.........

I can't go there anymore....... I want to, but I just can't.......

what?!?!........are you serious?.........y can't go u go there anymore?.............
    ....i personally think that's sad........that you would let these people and what they did affect you from doing something you want.............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    To all those who help out and who were lost
    bump

Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 09-11-2003 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    what?!?!........are you serious?.........y can't go u go there anymore?.............
    ....i personally think that's sad........that you would let these people and what they did affect you from doing something you want.............
    I know... you're right..... but that's how it is...... I worked there.... and I know so many people who worked there...... we'd have a couple of beers after work at the "gril'" and the Plaza.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I was sleeping on the couch and wife woke me up and told me to look at the t.v. She was explaining what happened and it didnt seem real. Then I watched the live footage as the second plane crashed into the building. I was dazed. I am getting watery eyed sitting here remembering the events. God Bless America.

someday is offline Member
    I was in bed in my dormroom and mom called to wake me up....man how my life has changed since then. When once there were tons of jobs in my market now there aren't any. Not to mention the new safety stuff.. It is hard to believe that it was 2 years ago...crazy just crazy.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    My sister worked in tower 2. I was asleep and someone ran in to tell me that planes had crashed into them. I called my sis, but couldn't get her, she was trapped in the subway basically. She was a little late to work.. Luckily.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I was walking through the Village to go to school. Next thing I know people start yelling and pointing downtown, I looked that way and all I could see was smoke coming from the towers and just wondering what the fu`k is going on. The next hour and a half lead to the craziest day of my life!

To the souls lost on that day .. RIP

nj juice is offline Member
    I was at my gf's house, her whole family was there, hysterical because her father worked on the 90th floor of the second tower. Thank God he made it out ok.......By the time i seen what happened on t.v. and rushed over to her house, he had just found a phone to call home and let everyone know he was alright.......Fucking cowards that these terrorists are, we should publicly execute Bin Laden, right next to Saddam Hussein on live t.v. so the whole world can see those cocksuckers suffer.......

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Hell... I was only 14 when it happend in my 8th grade year. I remember standing next to my mom watching the news before I went to school. CNN was talking about their thoughts on how that first big plane hit the building. Right then me and my mom saw the second plane hit...I couldnt believe what I saw. I was so close to passing out you wouldnt believe it. Now I am 16 and its hard to believe that happend two years ago. I remember i was celebrating my friend Devin Burkes birthday, his 14th birthday. And he was upset the entire day when he learned what happend. Goddamn the terrorists to the 7th Circle of Hell. After I saw that happen it inspired me to go into the U.S Marines or become a Navy S.E.A.L. right after high-school. I realize very few applicants become S.E.A.L.'s, but I owe it to those people and to our country to go an kick some terrorist ass. Now that I think about it, if i couldve gave my life for all of those people...I would have in a heart-beat.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I don't think I'll ever forget that day. Bright sunny morning, I'm driving to college for a lab and I hear that the WTC has collapsed due to a terrorist attack and planes bound for North America are being diverted into Canada and all flights are grounded. During the drive the second plane collided with the second tower, it seemed almost surreal, it was to horrible to grasp that something like this could happen. Other than my prof I was the only one that showed up. We had no tv in the lab so we were online at cnn.com, which was being updated by the minute, to get the news as it unfolded.

When you hear about major historical events, you never think that you will be alive for one.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I was walking into work thinking about what I was going to do for my birthday and bummin that I had to work. My best friend called, to wish me happy b-day I thought, instead she said "somebody ran into one of the wtc towers with an airplane." Spent the next 6 hours at work...not quite understanding what was happening. Two years later, I still haven't seen the footage of the crashes or the towers falling...pretty sure I don't want to.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    This is very deep!! Let us never forget!!!http://www.fdnylodd.com/BloodofHeroes.html

skinnyhb is offline Member
    my mom woke me up when she saw it on tv, she didn't quite know what was going on, and we watched until i went to school. while there, some of my teachers actually held class. i told them i was leaving if they wouldn't put the TV on, and i still remember this one idiot, who was telling me, "it's not even that big of a deal, it won't even affect us." i almost kicked him in the nuts then, and i should now for his preposterous remark.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I was at our company headquarters getting ready to move all our satellite offices in the following week and had just pulled an all-nighter, one of my coworkers walks into the room I was stuck in for the last 12 hours and told me what had happened. I thought it was a sick joke and told him I didn't think that was funny in the least. No lie he stood there for at least three minutes telling me he wasn't pulling my leg. One of the furniture vendors had a radio on the floor and we all stood around it listening...................................to see thirty hardened construction workers standing around in complete silence with "something in their eyes" really hit me pretty hard. I sent the entire construction crew home to be with their families. A lot of them had friends in the towers. Who could work after hearing that news?

My God bless those lost....................those that survived................and them that remember.

Thread Information