Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigars

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member

Cigars

Anyone smoke them?? What's your favorite??

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBobby
    Anyone smoke them?? What's your favorite??
    yeah we smoke a lil cigar called cohiba.....round here..................best you can get

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Vanilla my dad got some whe he got remaryed man those were the best I ever tasted But I cant find them anymore

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    OPUS X is the fucking best!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    romeo y juliette. Can't remember the year.

Anyone know a good cigar website looking to order some you guys got me craving

Quote Originally Posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    Anyone know a good cigar website looking to order some you guys got me craving
    http://www.cigar-smoke.com/

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    yeah we smoke a lil cigar called cohiba.....round here..................best you can get
    He smokes mine, its okay everyone.....joke...LOL
    No I have tried the romeo y juliette like chrisadams, I remember it being one of the smoother ones, but not great on the taste.....

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I have tried just about every cuban cigar made. They can't hold a candle to Opus X.

Perfecxion #2 or Robusto will blow your mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cigars-opus-x.jpg  

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Smoked a Montecristo A a while back at a going away party for my friend who wnet to Afghanistan. Costed a fortune but got them pretty cheap. Supposed to be the preferred brand of Fidel himself!?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'll agree with Lord on the Opus X, damn fine choice imho. I also like Macanudos (sp) and Cohiba's but they have to be from Cuba..........I don't care for the locally grown variety.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    for an overall decent cigar, you can't beat Fuente's..

Where can you get these opus x?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I smoke Hoyo de Montery's(Maduro), Maccanudo(Natural), and Padrons(Maduro) on a pretty regular basis

hybrid is offline Member
    I smoked a nice Punch last night, straight from Habana. Very nice and mild. Hadn't smoked a cigar in a few years. Probably won't again for another few years.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I am on a kick of smoking Davidoff's...very tasty and not too bold. Playboy's are good...Macanudo's are tasty....Avo's are very nice as well. Punch has a nice gar but sometimes can be very bold on the after taste. Overall I like Davidoff's

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Cohibas

Cohiba are not bad cigars, I think they are just very over priced for what you're getting. The important thing is to know what you're paying for when you buy a Cohiba. #1 is the brand; there is lots of legend behind them, and how prior to around 1996 they were a brand rolled only for diplomat purposes, or that the esplendidos was rolled specifically for Che Guevara, and the list goes on and on. The other thing that makes a Cohiba a Cohiba is the way that the wrapper is fermented. For the wrapper leaves they use a triple fermentation process, this mellows the cigar out and makes it quite smooth. Let me tell you the Che story. Che was told by his doctors that he should down his cigars to one a day. So he said if he can only smoke one a day, it had to be the smoothest and best cigar possible...the birth of the Cohiba and triple fermentation. The fermentation result is a very well balanced smooth smoking cigar...that is what you are paying for when you buy a Cohiba. But does anyone know that? Nope. As well, not all Cohibas use the triple fermentation wrappers. The Siglo line does not. When you pay for a Siglo you're paying for the Cohiba name. People just know that it's a Cohiba, and expensive, and assume that means it's the best. To me, a Cohiba is not worth the price you're paying when other equally good smokes are available.

A box of Cohiba robustos in Cuba goes for $211.25 USD, conversely a box of something like Ramone Allones Specially Selected (a robusto) go for $90, and Bolivar Royal Coronas (robusto) goes for $95. Both these cigars are less than half the price. Are they the same caliber of cigar? Think of cars...what is better between a Chev and a Ford comes down to personal choice. Take a Ford, put a bunch of trim and flash on it, bingo it's a Lincoln and worth twice the price. I would rather have a Mustang convertible all souped up than a Lincoln myself. But some people just like to have a Lincoln because it's a Lincoln. The thing to remember is that most people do not have enough of a developed smoking palette to really tell the difference between the brands. Sure they know good cigars from bad, but to really tell the difference between the two, not many can do. If given two cigars of the same size to blindly sample and pick out the Cohiba, I know what to look for, but would only give myself a 75% chance...but most people do not.

What it comes down to is that Cohibas are just a brand...the biggest most famous brand that everyone knows. They're pedestrian. There are 30+ brands in Cuba, how many do people know about? Cohiba, Montecristo, Romeo Julieta, and maybe Partagas. Do they know anything about Vegas Robaina Formosa? Or a Cuaba Divinos? Ever had a Sancho Panza Non-plus? Nobody knows about those smokes, but they're all top notch. Everyone knows the Cohiba name and it's marketed as the best. People who know their cigars know what a Cohiba is, it's a Cohiba - big whoop. The other 30 brands all offer something completely different. Most insist that Cohibas are the best; mainly because they are so expensive and think that means the best. It's ignorance and the true sign of a poser. As with wine, in cigars, expensive doesn't always mean better. I can name you a dozen smokes I would rather have than a box of Cohibas. And if given the choice between all the brands I likely wouldn't select a Cohiba to smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Cohiba are not bad cigars, I think they are just very over priced for what you're getting. The important thing is to know what you're paying for when you buy a Cohiba. #1 is the brand; there is lots of legend behind them, and how prior to around 1996 they were a brand rolled only for diplomat purposes, or that the esplendidos was rolled specifically for Che Guevara, and the list goes on and on. The other thing that makes a Cohiba a Cohiba is the way that the wrapper is fermented. For the wrapper leaves they use a triple fermentation process, this mellows the cigar out and makes it quite smooth. Let me tell you the Che story. Che was told by his doctors that he should down his cigars to one a day. So he said if he can only smoke one a day, it had to be the smoothest and best cigar possible...the birth of the Cohiba and triple fermentation. The fermentation result is a very well balanced smooth smoking cigar...that is what you are paying for when you buy a Cohiba. But does anyone know that? Nope. As well, not all Cohibas use the triple fermentation wrappers. The Siglo line does not. When you pay for a Siglo you're paying for the Cohiba name. People just know that it's a Cohiba, and expensive, and assume that means it's the best. To me, a Cohiba is not worth the price you're paying when other equally good smokes are available.

A box of Cohiba robustos in Cuba goes for $211.25 USD, conversely a box of something like Ramone Allones Specially Selected (a robusto) go for $90, and Bolivar Royal Coronas (robusto) goes for $95. Both these cigars are less than half the price. Are they the same caliber of cigar? Think of cars...what is better between a Chev and a Ford comes down to personal choice. Take a Ford, put a bunch of trim and flash on it, bingo it's a Lincoln and worth twice the price. I would rather have a Mustang convertible all souped up than a Lincoln myself. But some people just like to have a Lincoln because it's a Lincoln. The thing to remember is that most people do not have enough of a developed smoking palette to really tell the difference between the brands. Sure they know good cigars from bad, but to really tell the difference between the two, not many can do. If given two cigars of the same size to blindly sample and pick out the Cohiba, I know what to look for, but would only give myself a 75% chance...but most people do not.

What it comes down to is that Cohibas are just a brand...the biggest most famous brand that everyone knows. They're pedestrian. There are 30+ brands in Cuba, how many do people know about? Cohiba, Montecristo, Romeo Julieta, and maybe Partagas. Do they know anything about Vegas Robaina Formosa? Or a Cuaba Divinos? Ever had a Sancho Panza Non-plus? Nobody knows about those smokes, but they're all top notch. Everyone knows the Cohiba name and it's marketed as the best. People who know their cigars know what a Cohiba is, it's a Cohiba - big whoop. The other 30 brands all offer something completely different. Most insist that Cohibas are the best; mainly because they are so expensive and think that means the best. It's ignorance and the true sign of a poser. As with wine, in cigars, expensive doesn't always mean better. I can name you a dozen smokes I would rather have than a box of Cohibas. And if given the choice between all the brands I likely wouldn't select a Cohiba to smoke.
    yo mbh I live in miami where there are actually more cubans than cuba.................I have a few older friends that are cuban and swear by their Cohibas...........I've never payed a red cent for one so I dont know what they go for...........but they are the best Ive ever had........those and the lil capones dipped in cognac......taste purtty good imho

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm not saying Cohibas are shit.

Just b/c someone is Cuban doesn't mean they know cigars. Novelty. Status.

I have mutual Russian friends who drink the most fucking gut rot booze...but I bring out some Grey Goose vodka and they think it's shit. GG vodka is world renowned. See my point.
    Last edited by Money Boss Hustla; 09-18-2003 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I'm not saying Cohibas are shit.

Just b/c someone is Cuban doesn't mean they know cigars. Novelty. Status.

I have mutual Russian friends who drink the most fucking gut rot booze...but I bring out some Grey Goose vodka and they think it's shit. GG vodka is world renowned. See my point.
    yeah I see your point......I just figured they did since that is their second biggest export next to sugar cane........guess its just a matter of opinion

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBobby
    Where can you get these opus x?

Yahoo auctions is the best place to buy any cigar. Best prices i've ever seen.

Last edited by BostonBobby; 09-18-2003 at 02:04 PM.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

Graycliff Cigars

Try this site: http://www.mdcigars.com/graycliff.htm

You can't go wrong with a Graycliff! I ran into them vacationing in the Bahamas 2 years ago and couldn't find any cigar shops that sold them here, until I found this website recently!!! I ordered a box of corona especiales but they are all the bomb. Pull nice, taste great, nothing like em, IMO. I met the the old dude that heads Graycliff. He was rolling cigars at my hotel cigar shop and he's like 80 years old. He was Fidel Castro's right hand man in Cuba and started Cohiba before he started Graycliff. A bit expensive but you won't ever regret buying one...

From the site....

"The Graycliff Cigar Company was established by Mr. Enrico Garzaroli in order to compliment the five-star Graycliff hotel and restaurant (Nassau, Bahamas), famous for years for its grand award winning wine cellar and cuisine.

The master of cigar rolling, famous Cuban, Mr. Avelino Lara, who for over 30 years was not only the personal cigar roller for Fidel Castro, but prepared the blends for Zino Davidoff's Cuban Cigars and the inventor of the Famed Cuban Cohiba Cigars is head of the Graycliff Cigar Factory.

Graycliff Cigars are made from a Secret Blend of tobacco from Honduras, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Brazilian Filler and Indonesian Wrapper and Binder. All Long Filler Tobacco. The Tobaccos are aged for approximately two years and after the cigars have been rolled they are aged for another six to nine months."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cigars-graycliffcigars.jpg  

Well im not into the real strong cigars but I am thinking of getting a couple form www.cigar-smoke.com what do you guys recomend from that place

Governor is offline Junior Member
    i smoke swisher sweets...perfectos..lol

I love the sweet flavor...I know they are cheap, so what.ndoes anyone know of a good cigar that doesnt taste like ass? Ive tried quite a few, but theyve all sucked and i go back to my swisher...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Governor
    i smoke swisher sweets...perfectos..lol

I love the sweet flavor...I know they are cheap, so what.ndoes anyone know of a good cigar that doesnt taste like ass? Ive tried quite a few, but theyve all sucked and i go back to my swisher...lol
    swisher sweets.....we used to use those to roll up blunts back in the day...................awwww the good ol days.....

Has anyone tried tobacco pipes I want to try them but not sure what kind of tobacco is good for a pipe and no I dont mean a BONG

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I smoke a pipe on occasion. Can't remeber the tobacco I use though. My grandfather gave it to me just before he passed away. I think it's called Five Brothers Tobacco, I could be wrong. It has good flavor and it's not too harsh. The scent you get after awhile from it is slightly sweet.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    I smoke a pipe on occasion. Can't remeber the tobacco I use though. My grandfather gave it to me just before he passed away. I think it's called Five Brothers Tobacco, I could be wrong. It has good flavor and it's not too harsh. The scent you get after awhile from it is slightly sweet.

I love Pipe tobacco. Smooth and sweet. Even the ladies like the smell of a nice pipe. My fathers been smoking a pipe since my pant poopin days.
    I usually only smoke one when I'm camping though

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yeah, my wife loves it when I sit on the porch and smoke. I usually only smoke every once in awhile. It's nice to sit on the porch with a nice breeze and some smoke.

So no Idea on a certain kind of Tobacco

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    There was one a bud of mine smoked; Captains Blend I think is what it was called. Smelled pretty good from what I can remeber, don't know if it's still manufactured.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    For many years I always fantasized about smoking cigars, and I would dream a lot about them while 15 or 16 years old, not sure why (I'm 21 now). I hate cigarettes, and no matter what, could never smoke those, but cigars just have this whole other look to them, lol!

How bad are cigars for you? How addictive are they? I wouldn't risk smoking one if it's gonna get me hooked on it 24/7

cb25 is offline Banned
    Damn pheedno...i swear both your posts here are like the words out of my mouth...

I'm a fan of the Hoyo's. A friend in the navy just brought back some Romeo's from cuba...very nice as well.

As far as pipe tobacco...i have always gone to a local smoke shop and asked for their recommendation on their own blends...i haven't been disappointed yet...

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I've smoked a pipe for a while, it's good, but it doesn't taste as good as it smells (most of the time). I've had some good tobacco, but it's too expensive.
    I'd reccomend everyone to try a hookah if you get the shot. The tobacco comes in hundreds of flavors, it tastes as good as it smells, and it's the smoothest smoke there is. Plus, you get to feel cool, and the hookah is around in case you ever want to smoke something else...

Just got some cigars today from Neptunecigar.com... Place is really good w/ extremely fast shipping

dutchboy is offline Associate Member

Opus X

Would everyone that said how great opus x's are please state the price they pay.
    Now I have got to have one after reading the reveiws, but evidently they are extremely hard to come by here in IL. The shop I get the Cohibas and MonteChristos said OX bring about $30 a smoke.....
    I enjoy a fine cigar but for that kind of money it had better come with a "happy ending"

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I can't say that I've ever smoked cigars. Pretty much the same as a cig but w/ flavor right?

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Cohiba is awsome, another good one is Romeo & Juliet...

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    romeo y juliette. best cigar i have ever smoked for the $$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information