Thread: wisdom teeth

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member

wisdom teeth

I know that some one else had a wisdom teath thread, but I didnt want to hijack that thread. Well I went to the Doc today and they want to pull my bottom 2 out for sure, they said that I have to get that done, and they refered me to a oral surgen. The doc told me the top 2 are impacted and they dont have to come out, Its up to me. They said if I leave them in there could be problems later, but there also may never be a problem. What do you guys think?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Take em all out at once. You don't need them.

I had jaw surgery to put a plate along my jawbone and they went ahead and took all 4 teeth out during the same sugery.

just a little worried about getting put under and having some one sit there and yank out teeth..Man I am more worried about this than my first injection.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    grrrrrr......i am dreading getting mine out..........my dentist told me i need to get all 4 out asap and that was like 6 months ago.......i'm so procrastinating......and mine haven't even broken the gum yet......*ouch*...just thinking about it
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

KeyMastur is offline VET
    It's actually not that painful afterwards as you think it'd be. Knocks you off your feet for a day or two is the only bad thing.

Screw it I dont want to be put out..Iam stayin awake. No novicane either.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    lol............no wayyyyyyyy...they can give me all the novicane they want............i dont want to feel that shit.............those novicane needels are painful enough
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

hybrid is offline Member
    When I had my wisdom teeth out, the dentist took two out in his office with novacaine. That sucked. Then he referred me to the oral surgeon to have the other two take out. Don't know why the oral surgeon couldn't have taken them all out, except that my dentist probably wanted to make some coin.
    At the oral surgeon, they gave me a pill and said that it would make me sleepy. Sleepy hell. I woke up with the teeth removed and it felt like a horse had kicked me in the mouth.
    You are definitely not going to have them removed with no painkillers, I don't care how strong you are. That would be crazy.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Man I feel for you all....I am fortunate to have had mine grow in....they are now part of my teeth (if that's the right thing to say)...when I was getting braces they pulled so many teeth to move forward it allowed the wisdoms to come right into place...at least that is what the dentist told me....

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    You were lucky butch, that's not the norm. So do you feel like you gained any wisdom? ha

Ryan, have him take them all out at one time. Do it once and get it over with.

No worries Danielle I waited until mine actually started to really hurt before I had them pulled........that was when I was 34.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Still have all 4 of mine. My teeth are really tight because of it. They never bother me and I get back there with the oralb toothbrush real good. I have noticed that dentists love to say they need to come out as a standard line. Some people never have problems. Most problems arise when you don't get back there and clean them real good or the root of the tooth is near the nerve. When I had a good talk with the dentist about it, more detail than just "pull them", we looked at how close the nerve was. He said they would be fine to leave in as long as I make a concious effort to really get back there and clean as well as use a floride rinse before going to sleep. On visits much later he has forgotten about that conversation and given me the standard line that they need to come out before I am 35, but I just say I will think about it. Oh well.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=Juggernaut2148]You were lucky butch, that's not the norm. So do you feel like you gained any wisdom? ha
    QUOTE]

LMAO....actually I did...then I took another hit of the nitrous and the wisdom went away...

Thread Information