Juggernaut is offline AR Jester

Ebonic's word for the day

Today's Ebonic Word....

OMELETTE

Let’s use it in a sentence....

"I should bust yo ass fo whatchoo just did, but Omelette dis one
    slide."

Not meaning to offend anyone. A bud sent this one to me and I about fell out of my chair when I read it.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Racist pig!!!!!

I thought it to be funny.....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Oh shit, that was great.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    omelette!! thats hilarious

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Today's Ebonic Word....

OMELETTE

Let’s use it in a sentence....

"I should bust yo ass fo whatchoo just did, but Omelette dis one
    slide."

Not meaning to offend anyone. A bud sent this one to me and I about fell out of my chair when I read it.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Come on it's all in fun......... shit I never get pissed when I hear jokes about the Mob or whop jokes.

Jugg I thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E

"Omellette" that go

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Come on it's all in fun......... shit I never get pissed when I hear jokes about the Mob or whop jokes.

Jugg I thought it was funny.

what are whop jokes?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i love ebonics jokes!!

second only to Yo Momma jokes!!!!that shit is too funny Jugg

Come on now ..................... Jokes about Italians

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    oh lol

i had no idea

i dated one for about a year too

thought it was maybe like asian jokes or something

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan

:
    lol...........me either........they actually make me laugh........100% italianaaa baby.......

......jokes like that never get me mad.........people just take things too seriouslyyyyyyy........ just need to lossen up
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    oh lol

i had no idea

i dated one for about a year too

thought it was maybe like asian jokes or something
    shutttayaface youz a guinea!

Whops/Dagos/Guineas/Greasers = Italians.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Carlos_E if I've offended you or any other member on this board then please accept my apology. That was not my intention all.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Everybody likes a good bit of humor or wordplay, but over the years I've become less and less appreciative of jokes that depend on making particular ethnic groups look, um, dumb. Here in North Texas, I've had friends/acquaintances/coworkers use humor to highlight character flaws in blacks and mexicans, and sometimes it got fairly vicious. Seemed to me that they just showed that they were basically intolerant, bigoted, whatever.
    It seems to me that if a person wouldn't tell an ethnic joke directly to a dozen or so burly members of that group when alone in a dark alley, or to their boss who's a member of that ethnic group, then it's probably something that doesn't need to be repeated.

Hate to be the "wet towel" in this party . . .

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn bro I liked it. to funny.

ross3814 is offline Member
    i get the feeling that there arnt too many black guys on this board. prob cause most of them are just friggin born diesel!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    It is WOP (With Out Papers, a former legitimate Ellis Island term)...not Whop. Get the ethnic slurs right if you want to use them.
    Last edited by BamaSlamma; 09-24-2003 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    It is WOP (With Out Papers, a former legitimate Ellis Island term)...not Whop. Get the ethnic slurs right if you want to use them.
    Bro whatever you say......... I'm one of "them" so I can spell or use it anyway I want to I guess that's what my father's papers read then thanks for clearing that up for me.

Tock -
    You're correct in what you're saying. Sometimes these jokes get out of hand but why did this joke have to be about black people or any other race. I've heard plenty of white kids destroy the English language talking this way.

People take things way too seriously and need to relax and take things for what they are and not look into things and always look at it like a insult.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im sorry guy´s...i dont get it

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    OMELETTE = Im gunna let

hahaha that shirt was funny i just shared it with my English Teacher hahaha

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    HEy Mudd, I'm full Irish bro and I grew up in Cleveland... land of the irish and italians. Man I couldn't count the times I heard Whop used. Of course I couldn't countthe times I've been called a "f"ing Mick either.

Also, people should realize that this is not an ethnic joke. It's a vocabulary joke. A Hispanic, Black, White, Asian, etc. could use ebonics as their choice for speaking.

It may be a discriminatory joke, but it's discriminatory towards a form of language(or lack of education) wich is spoken by many different ethnic groups, not a specific ethnic group itself.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    It was funny as shit!!! And as Pheedno said, it's in no way racist...Lighten up people and smile...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My current supervisor talks kinda like that - he chops the last few letters off nearly everything he says and it makes it hard to understand him sometimes

If I may quote George Carlin on racism... he echos my thoughts exactly...

There's a different group to get pissed off at you in this country for everything your not supposed to say. Can't say Nigger, Boogie, Jig, Jigaboo, Skinhead, Moolimoolinyon, Schvatzit, Junglebunny. Greaser, Greaseball, Dago, Guinea, Whop, Ginzo, Kike, Zebe, Heed, Yid, Mocky, Himie, Mick, Donkey, Turkey, Limey, Frog. Zip, Zipperhead, Squarehead, Crout, Hiney, Jerry, Hun, Slope, Slopehead, Chink, Gook.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of those words in and of themselves. Their only words. It's the context that counts. It's the user. It's the intention behind the words that makes them good or bad. The words are completely neutral. The words are innocent. I get tired of people talking about bad words and bad language. Bullshit! It's the context that makes them good or bad. The context. That makes them good or bad.

For instance, you take the word "Nigger." There is absolutely nothing wrong with the word "Nigger" in and of itself. It's the racist asshole who's using it that you ought to be concerned about. We don't mind when Richard Pryer or Eddie Murphy say it. Why? Because we know their not racist. Their Niggers! Context. Context. We don't mind their context because we know their black. Hey, I know I'm whitey, the blue-eyed devil, paddy-o, fay gray boy, honkey, mother-fucker myself. Don't bother my ass. Their only words.

You can't be afraid of words that speak the truth, even if it's an unpleasant truth, like the fact that there's a bigot and a racist in every living room on every street corner in this country.

I'm of the Frog persuasion myself and "it don't bother my ass" when the title is used in friendship or in a good humoured joke. And if it's used as a slur, well then I pity the bigoted ignorant asshole... but I won't let his stupidity offend me. He's not worth it.

Just my 2 cents...

Red

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    On a similar note, and one that goes along with the "Gay Games" thread as well... it was kind of strange to see this in the news today after all the posts back and forth here on AR:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/09....ap/index.html

It's about affirmative action this time. I thought the bake sale thing was kind of funny, actually. What do you all think?

The bake sale is definately an odd way to protest, and does instigate a potenitally dangerous situation. But I don't think it's totally innapropriate. Affirmative action is based on the worng variable. Rather than race, it should be based on economic status
    Special interest because you are a minority is reverse racism. Try for equality, but develope a way that equality cannot be achieved

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I'm of the Frog persuasion myself and "it don't bother my ass" when the title is used in friendship or in a good humoured joke. And if it's used as a slur, well then I pity the bigoted ignorant asshole... but I won't let his stupidity offend me. He's not worth it.

Just my 2 cents...

Red
    That's how I feel ... If it's meant to be funny then cool take it for that.... but if you're trying to be mean then go screw yourself..... I look at it as just words and nothing more in either case.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I love both of them.

Why can't we make fun of people who lazily butcher the english language. People who do so routinely make fun of those who use correct grammar & pronunciation.

And I think the bake sale was a ballsy and creative way to demonstrate. There's nothing wrong with that. And anyone who thinks that affirmative action is not based on race (as a student in the article says) is naive.

All this over an ebonics joke?

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    "My reaction was disgust because of the ignorance of some SMU students," said Houston, who is black. "They were arguing that affirmative action was solely based on race. It's not based on race. It's based on bringing a diverse community to a certain organization."

I think that fella needs to get an edjumacation. Uhhh...... a diversity of what exactly, if not race? another Al Sharpton in the making

Why do we care WHAT color people are? why not based on merit? because then the democrats wouldnt be able to buy black votes with my money while telling them how stupid they really are - "but dont you worry rich massa white democrat gonna help you out! You neeedz the white massa because you iz too stupid to do it on your own"

All this does is buy into the crap that black people actually are more stupid and incapable than the average white guy - because that is the real message - and I dont believe it for a second. ANY man or woman who wants something and is willing to sacrifice to get it will.

If I were black you can well believe I would summarily execute every one of these "so called" black "leaders" who make his race look bad and keep them from really getting the same opportunities as everyone else.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Roger that Captain Slang Termz.

[QUOTE=CYCLEON]another Al Sharpton in the making

QUOTE]

Al Sharpton could kiss my fucking ass.................ughhh actually no.....i wouldnt want him even 100 feet from me.........o god........when he attempted to run for mayor of NY......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

mass junkie is offline banned
    [QUOTE=Danielle]
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    another Al Sharpton in the making

QUOTE]

Al Sharpton could kiss my fucking ass.................ughhh actually no.....i wouldnt want him even 100 feet from me.........o god........when he attempted to run for mayor of NY......
    wow.....you are a Spicy Meat a ball...Arent you................why dont you tell us how you really feel about him......lmao

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    wow.....you are a Spicy Meat a ball...Arent you................why dont you tell us how you really feel about him......lmao

hmmmm......oh, i would..............but i dont know if im aloud.......

The Butcher is offline Member
    I still thought the ebonics joke was funny.

All you assholes go read the "Quit Hijacking Threads" post in the Steroid Forum!!!!

j/k

Thread Information