Thread: this sucks

ross3814 is offline Member

this sucks

I have this lingering sholder pain. I've had it bothering me for about 8 months, or it started about 8 months ago. It was fine for the last 2 though, came back last week. I think it was because I bumped up the weight last week though. It is this weird paid that is on the inside of the front of my sholder. Anybody know what this is? I have some test coming to me on friday, and i obviously know that I have to let this heal, but how long should I expect to wait. I want this sholder prob gone for good, but this is gonna put me way behind.

hybrid is offline Member
    sounds like rotator cuff problem. You can cause or aggravate it by lifting too heavy, especially pressing movements. If it's really bad you need surgery and rehab. I had a similar problem last year. Mine wasn't major, but hurt like hell on pressing exercises. I took it real easy on those for quite awhile and it finally started getting better. Now when I feel my shoulders starting to get fatigued, it pay attention. Oh, some rotator cuff exercises are important to do every week. Sucks to be going into a cycle with such a problem. You're going to stick yourself into a catch-22, with no right answer.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Same with me. I have had major shoulder problems (torn rotaor cuff)in my right shoulder since last November. I still lifted on it anyway. But, the worst part of it is now my left shoulder is screwed up even more. Shoulder surgery is very complicated!!! I've been told DO NOT get it. I just deal with the pain and move on. But try to allow it to heal on its own.

O.K. this is my plan. I am going to take a month off to let it heal, and EAT like an animal. Do you guys think that I can put on some good bulk while I just rest and eat? Then I am going to ease back into the gym; lighter weight for a couple of weeks so I dont damage any connective tissue. Then I'm gonna start hitting it hard again, and start the cycle. I'll be 20 by then. By the way, does anybody know and rotator cuff/sholder therapy type exercises or stretches I could do?

Bench-n-Squat's is offline Associate Member
    HAHA stick yourself with a catch 22 (gauge)

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd say put off your cycle until you're at least 21.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    i'd say put off your cycle until you're at least 21.
    well i understand your info, its what a lot of guys say on the board... untill they see a massive 17 year old kid thats on dbol and deca . then their like, "wow great gains." Not everyone but just some. I have done enough research to understand the risks and am pretty sure im gonna take them. Im taking a small dosage, and i intend to do one and build off of that to break the plateau im at. I appreciate your concern, but I am really looking for help with the sholder injury, not cycle advice.

oh yea, reppin boston yea!

Sorry, i should've been more specific. That wasn't a flame, or a shot at your age, but in reference to your injury. by your birthday next year you'll probably be healed up. I had tendonitis and rotor cuff inflammation in both my shoulders from swimming in high school, took around 7 months to fade away completley, doing nothing at all. If your problem is similar to mine, you need to make sure that you're not taking AS because you're going to lift heavier, and do more damage if you are.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-23-2003 at 09:45 PM.

wow, i guess that is some really bad news. i dont think its as bad as you guys think though. it dosent hurt that bad, i just know that something is wrong, ya know. oh yea chris, you see the sox last night? ortiz is the man!

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I've had the same pains...I think from too much weight on military press. The one main thing I did to help out was REALLY loosen up my shoulders before every workout. Someone told me to get the fluids moving and built up in the joint before lifting. Prior to that I had never really stretched much etc before lifting. Now I spend about 10-15 minutes before each workout just stretching and getting joints lubed up. It definitely helped out...but of course I'm quite a bit older than you. Wish I had started concentrating on it at your age though. Probably wouldn't have as many pains as I do now. Good luck

peace,

ttgb

thanks a lot ttgb. im gonna start focusing on that a lot when i can go back. when you mean warm it up, you mean warm up sets too right?

this is getting stranger too, it stings a little when i breath, and it seems like it has gotten worse in the last few days without activity. what the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by ross3814
    this is getting stranger too, it stings a little when i breath, and it seems like it has gotten worse in the last few days without activity. what the hell?

This sounds exactly like what i had. If i were you i'd schedule a doc's appt, and see if he can get to the bottom of it. My guess would be tendonitis.. which sucks.. takes a long time to get over. The not doing anything has cuased the ligaments/tendons to tighten up, make sure you do some light stretching every 4-5 hours or so, that should keep things loose and make it feel a little better. (if it is tendonitis)

Thread Information