Thread: AR skiers

Testify is offline Senior Member

AR skiers

Where do you guys hit the slopes? Its been on my mind since I got a Killington pamphlet in the mail the other day. Ski season is right around the corner! I don't go all the time, since the local place is not so great. But on weekends I often make the 2-3 hour drive to Vermont for Mt. Snow or Killington. I have not yet been to any of the others up there. Just curious to see where some of you other guys/girls are at when you have the boards strapped on. Also, does ski season impact your cycle planning?

T

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Vermont is nice, but Head to Crested Butte if you want to ski some real steeps bro. The Butte is the best place, for steeps and backcountry skiin

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    A three hour drive? Ouch! That sucks big time unless you have a place at the hill. I'm a westerner so I've never been out to VT, but how not so great is the local place compared to Killington?

If I was skiing more than twice a week I would hold off on my cycle unless you can maintain a good training split during the week to still make it worth cycling.

Well I live in Mass, so the local place is . . . not like Vermont. I usually go to Mt. Snow because its about a half hour closer. And yeah, its a long drive. I can only go on weekends.

I have been out west to ski before, Jdawg. My favorite so far is Taos. I've never been to Crested Butte. But there are a lot of places I have not yet been to.

Where do you guys ski?

T

someday is offline Member
    went to taos last year.....i almost broke my butt the first day.......skiing sucks but i think im going again in december to riodarto or some mt. in NM.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Whistler, B.C. Awesome resort, and *cheap* because of the exchange rates.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Last place I went was Jackson Hole, Wy., The powder was good and the snow bunnies were better. I live on a lake and rather waterski myself.

Man, I'd love to go to both of those places. Especially Whistler - maybe go on a helicopter drop! That shit looks insane! I've been able to ski anything I've come across so far, but I'd still be scared as hell to do that. At least I'd go out in style.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    There is only one place to go in North America....Mammoth Mountain Ski Area...the best cki resort in NA....if any of you have not been there i highly recommend you going there....it is truly the best terrin (sp)....and the biggest...

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    personally while i was living in amherst, I prefered stratton over killington and mt snow. id go during the week and nobody would be on the slopes. of course, stratton doesnt have night skiing, but hitting the terrain park is great... no boarders were around to bitch at my 2-plankness!

Thread Information