Juggernaut is offline AR Jester

The South........ya gotta love it!

My cuz (southern slag for cousin) sent this to me from back home and I thought it was funny so I thought I'd share.

If you come to New Orleans, you better say it right. It's pronounced "Nawlenz." No one from here says "New Orleens" unless they are writing a song or they want their ass kicked.

It's hot. It's humid. It rains. Those are the only 3 weather patterns we have here.

No one eats healthy. Fried Batter is actually a menu item in some restaurants.

Giving directions to a non-local in New Orleans is a waste of time. Every street intersects with each other. No two streets run parallel to each other. The West Bank is actually East of the city. It would take too long to explain.

1 out of 3 street names are impossible to pronounce unless you were born in New Orleans, or you are a cajun.

If the levee breaks, everyone here will die. No one seems worried about this problem either.

There are 365 days in the year. There are 414 parties/festivals in New Orleans. (That's just on a slow month.)

----------READ ON----------

Louisiana Driving Rules:

1. A right lane construction closure is just a game to see how many people can cut in line by passing you on the right as you sit in the left lane waiting for the same drivers to squeeze their way back in before hitting the orange construction barrels.

2. Turn signals will give away your next move. A real Louisiana driver never uses them. Use of them in New Orleans may be illegal.

3. Crossing two or more lanes in a single lane-change is considered "going with the flow."

4. Never get in the way of an older car that needs extensive bodywork.
    (Reason: No insurance)

----------READ ON----------

SOUTHERN ADVICE

If you are from the northern states and planning on visiting or moving to the South, there are a few things you should know that will help you adapt to the difference in lifestyles:

If you run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in a four-wheel drive pickup truck with a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them; just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store. Don't buy food at this store.

Remember, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and "all y'all's" is plural possessive.

The first Southern statement to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective 'big ol' truck or 'big ol' boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced dialect this way. All of them are in denial about it.

Be advised that 'He needed killin' is a valid defense here.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this," you should stay out of the way. These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just have to go there.

Do not be surprised to find that 10-year-olds own their own shotguns, they are proficient marksmen, and their Mammas taught them how to aim!!

The North has sun-dried toe-mah-toes . The South has 'mater samiches.

The North has coffee houses .The South has Waffle Houses.

The North has dating services .The South has family reunions.

The North has switchblade knives .The South has Lee Press-on Nails.

The North has double last names...... The South has double first names.

The North has Ted Kennedy .......The South has Edwin Edwards.

The North has an ambulance...... The South has an am-a-lance.

The North has Cream of Wheat..... The South has grits.

The North has green salads .The South has collard greens.

The North has lobsters . The South has crawfish.

The North has oil wells...... The South has all wells

AND REMEMBER: If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call them biscuits.

mass junkie is offline banned
    pretty funny Jugg

Testify is offline Senior Member
    That is great! I'll have to forward this along to some of my NOLA bros.

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    And its all true.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    "It's hot. It's humid. It rains. Those are the only 3 weather patters we have here." Yep, I love the south and I ain't leavin.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    lmao

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    lmfao, I'm from Louisiana and everything he just said was so true. That is hilarious. Thanks for that.

Da Bull is offline Banned

peam is offline Suspended
    man, now I don't wanna go there... ever!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Hah . . . the other day the football team from Paris Texas played a team at a Jewish school in North Dallas . . . at Half-time, the Paris' team's band played the Nazi National Anthem and ran across the field with a Nazi flag.
    Of course, an uproar ensued . . . they said it was supposed to be some sort of a "historical" thing . . .

A while back, the Texas State Legislature awarded Albert DeSalvo an award for his work in population control. He was The Boston Strangler.

Things are just different here in Texas . . .

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Hah . . . the other day the football team from Paris Texas played a team at a Jewish school in North Dallas . . . at Half-time, the Paris' team's band played the Nazi National Anthem and ran across the field with a Nazi flag.
    Of course, an uproar ensued . . . they said it was supposed to be some sort of a "historical" thing . . .

I wanted to give the full story on this. It really was a historical thing. The week before they did the first part and this was the second part. It was "Visions of World War Two"

Source: MSNBC

School apologizes for Nazi flag flap

Reviled symbol waved during performance on Jewish holiday

DALLAS, Sept. 30 — A Texas high school has apologized after the school band waved a Nazi flag during a performance on Friday, the start of the Jewish New Year holiday of Rosh Hashana. “We had an error in judgment,” band director Charles Grissom told the Dallas Morning News.

DURING A HALF-TIME show, a student from Paris High School went running across the field waving a Nazi flag.

At the time, the Blue Blazes band was playing the composition by Franz Joseph Haydn that eventually became known as ”Deutschland Uber Alles.”

Grissom said it was part of a show entitled “Visions of World War Two,” in which the flags and music were intended to represent the warring nations.

The director said the musicians didn’t anticipate the reaction of the crowd at Hillcrest High School. “We were booed,” he told the newspaper on Monday. “We had things thrown at us. We were cursed.”

The band — which was preparing to showcase the performance at the University Interscholastic League contest on Oct. 15 — had already performed “Visions” a week earlier at a homecoming game in Paris, which is 100 miles northeast of Dallas.

Now, Grisson said the show will only include the American flag. “The kids and myself, we caused a reaction, and we certainly didn’t mean to,” he told the Morning News. “We’ll use it as a learning situation.”

Mark Briskman, regional director for the Anti-Defamation League, said the school superintendent also had apologized about the incident.

“This can serve as an educational tool that there are certain tools and certain symbols that still carry ... an amount of hurt,” Briskman told the newspaper. “It was a mistake, and they’ve apologized for it, and we basically accept their apology.”

*sigh*

Error in judgement?

More like total and complete lack of judgement... and these people teach out kids... wow...

Red

Thread Information