bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member

Morning after hangover

Just alittle info I readed:

Ever wonder why you fill so bad after a hard night of drinking alcohol?
    It's because your brain cells are dehydrated and your blood vessels are dilated.

Does having another alcoholic drink after a hangover make you fill better?
    No, it's not the alcohol that makes you fill better...It's probably the other stuff in your concoction that makes you feel better: the fructose,electrolytes, caffine, or water. Fructose helps the liver regenerate necessary energy sources for the enzymes that break down alcohol. Caffeine eases the dilated vessels, and with the help of fluids, brain cells are hydrated and jolted from their temporary inhibited phase.

Recommendations would be a sports drink, water, or tomato juice(high in fructose) with a side of excedrin(aspirin and acetaminophen formulated with caffiene).

This will be my next morning after cocktail.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Gatordade is great, and almost everyone uses painkillers, but the best hangover medication (symptom masker) is a combination of Caffeine (which you mentioned) and Ibuprofin. Of course, a good multivitamin with some nutrient rich food when you feel up to it will help you recover more quickly.

I forget where I read this but the specific combo of caffeine and ibuprofin works synergistically. The caffeine constricts the blood vessels (again, as you mentioned), and the ibuprofin . . . I forget what they said it does. But they work together effectively. Since I read this piece of advice, I have followed it successfully many times. Try it. Good info to have!

mass junkie is offline banned
    This is what I do.....after every third drink I drink 8 ounces of water........and before I go to sleep I take a goodies...(powdered asprin)...........and when I wake up I have a bloody mary...........very rarely Do I get hangovers.........
    Last edited by mass junkie; 09-23-2003 at 08:41 PM.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    that's why i keep my drinking down to like once a month........maybe twice........i get the worst headaches afterwards......and i feel so bloated........ughhhhh....hate that
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    just make sure you don't take tylenol. It's particularly hard on your liver when your liver is busy metabolizing alcohol.

I find if i drink 1/2 liter of gatorade before i go to bed i never wake up with a hangover.

ross3814 is offline Member
    I drink a quart of gatorade at the end of the night, and a quart when I wake up in the morning+some water. Works very well for me, and I am a hangover PUSSY.

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    All pain killers are bad for your liver, also your stomach as well. Thats why it says on the side of the bottle that If you consume 3 or more alcholic drinks daily you should not take them.

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Also the more clear the liquor you drink the less of a hangover you will have. The sugars and the coloring of the drinks also contribute to a hangover. Clearer drinks (i.e. Vodka) have less "ipurities" in them than dark drinks or liquor.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    You guys go to bed? hehe im in bed at noon... just kidding i dont touch alchol anymore cause it takes me 2 beers to get drunk... im a 250 lb light-weight

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    that's why i keep my drinking down to like once a month........maybe twice........i get the worst headaches afterwards......and i feel so bloated........ughhhhh....hate that
    That's funny cause I get up after getting ripped and I'm looking leaner, from dehydration I think, and my muscles look fuller, from binge eating pizza at 3am. Though I usually feel kinda shitty.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Heh, yeah i always look GREAT after a good drinkoff. Mostly cause i eat a bunch of crap and forget about it, and the booze has a diuretic effect. Quite a conundrum- look great, feel horrible.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    This is what I do.....after every third drink I drink 8 ounces of water........and before I go to sleep I take a goodies...(powdered asprin)...........and when I wake up I have a bloody mary...........very rarely Do I get hangovers.........
    That's exactly what I do. Helps me maintain a buzz without getting too tore down usually also. Works especially well during the summer, like a day at the lake, etc. I have never felt so bad as to tie one on at the lake, get dehydrated from being in the sun all day and the alcohol combined. Drinking water makes a lot of difference!!

peace,

ttgb

Testify is offline Senior Member
    "I look Marvelous! I do not feel marvelous - But I LOOK Marvelous!!!"

-Billy Crystal

Thread Information