navydevildoc is offline Associate Member

Anger Management after the Gym

All right guys, I just need to know if I have anger management issues or what...

I put in a good hour in the gym every night, wearing my muscles out. However of course, I have the MP3 player blasting Linkin Park, Spineshank, Taproot, Deftones, Lennon, and other stuff that gets me really going... Now, this really helps when in the gym, cuz I get really focused on pushing weight, which I really need. But, when I am done in the gym, my body is worn out, but my mind is still running in the red zone. Music really gets me going, and I feel the need to break shit for like an hour after the gym, then I get calmed down and am normal again. I know my rage shows thru on some of the posts on here (I think the gay games thread was the last time I was really pissed off).

Now, if I don't go to the gym I just get crabby anyway. It's one of the reasons why I got hooked on lifting in the first place, to help burn off anger. But do any of you have the same issues? Normally I have a *really* long fuse before I get angry about something, unless I am all pumped up from the gym, then I am ready to just go nuts. I am not on the sauce, so it's not that...

someday is offline Member
    listen to sinatra for your last three reps??? J/K im the same way when i blast tunes and lift....Only thing i really do is come in here drink my shake andread the posts and dont listen to the radio on the way home.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by someday
    listen to sinatra for your last three reps??? J/K im the same way when i blast tunes and lift....Only thing i really do is come in here drink my shake andread the posts and dont listen to the radio on the way home.
    That's not a bad idea. Listen to some soothing music on the way home. Maybe some simon and garfunkel? I love james taylor to cool me off.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i dont know but i feel so much better about myself and more relaxed after the gym...........its when i dont go that im the bitochhhh
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    That's not a bad idea. Listen to some soothing music on the way home. Maybe some simon and garfunkel? I love james taylor to cool me off.

Ahhh... I didn't even think of that!!! I usually just have the XM on one of the rock channels on the way home, so it's not helping any, I usually am screaming along with the music as I drive along.....

I already know the trick to fix this... DJ Shadow's "Endtroducing" is always in the changer in the car anyway, and I normally use it for those lazy San Diego weekend afternoons when I have to drive around. It has a very laid back soothing vibe to it.

See, that's why I love this place, you all have the answers I would never have thought of! I am going to give it a try tomorrow.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Whats wrong with you guys.......its perfectly allright to be pissed off.....while working out in the gym............if your still pissed and have aggression after your workout.............keep on working.......wouldnt you rather be all aggresive in the gym throwing around massive amounts of weight? Or walking around like you havent got a pair!......We are men and this is what we do..........

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Whats wrong with you guys.......its perfectly allright to be pissed off.....while working out in the gym............if your still pissed and have aggression after your workout.............keep on working.......wouldnt you rather be all aggresive in the gym throwing around massive amounts of weight? Or walking around like you havent got a pair!......We are men and this is what we do..........
    See, that's the problem... I am working to failure... the body is wasted, but my brain wants to keep going. So instead of doing something stupid and hurting myself at the gym, I get going. My rage fits are something my roommates are used to, but my big mouth can be a pain in the ass sometimes. I would rather wind down, lower my b/p, and enjoy dinner without acting like a caveman stabbing away at the hide of some wildebeast.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    hey, no problem. I figure if music can get you so pumped up, it can also cool you off. Good luck with it.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Actually i noticed that I am ridiculously on edge after workouts, especially lately. I have exhausting workouts but feel like every one of my nerves is just raw and im extremely agitated. Its kind of recent (since i moved to hawaii) but its happening every night now. I just come home without speaking to anyone and silently read AR

Thread Information