SV-1 is offline Respected Member

11 Ways You Can Mess With People's Minds!

Interested in playing mind games?

(Try these little tricks next time you hit the gym )

Going to the gym should be fun! Are you stuck in a rut? Try a few of these psychological mind games and enjoy the confusion of everyone around you. It's just like facing the wrong way in an elevator and looking at the other people instead of the ceiling or wall.

[ 1 ]
    Fill an old vodka bottle with water and use it during a workout. People will wonder if that's "your secret weapon" to great results!

[ 2 ]
    Wear a helmet. I think you'll find that people will give you a lot more room when you're lifting when you walk in with head protection (especially when you do overhead exercises!).

[ 3 ]
    Pick up the 2-pound nose-itcher dumbbells and proceed to lift them like you're doing the hardest set in your life. Scream and strain like you're pushing it to the limit. The larger you are, the more effective this one will be.

[ 4 ]
    Load a tremendous amount of weight onto the bench press bar, e.g. 500 to 600 pounds. Make a big production with your preparation, lie back on the bench, then, just as you are about to lift the bar off the rack, your watch alarm (previously set by you, of course) should go off. Look at your watch, shake your head, unload the bar then move onto your next exercise. The smaller you are, the more effective this one will be!

[ 5 ]
    Do actual squats in the squat rack. Ya ... weird concept huh? You may have to wait for a few people to finish their barbell curls, dead lifts, bent-over rows, and the rest of their workout but the strange looks you get when you start squatting in the squat rack like its suppose to be used will be well worth it.

[ 6 ]
    Wear an electric ab-training belt with an extension cord duct-taped to it. Plug yourself in just before each set.

[ 7 ]
    Have your workout partner bring an old remote control from home. When he presses a button, do a rep. When he hits "fast forward" go faster. When he hits "pause" hold the weight where it is. Just make sure he doesn't hit the "eject" button, especially after a hard set!

[ 8 ]
    Count your reps out loud starting from 100, e.g. your first rep, say "101", then "102", etc.

[ 9 ]
    Bring a suitcase to the gym instead of a duffel bag. The little rolling ones with the pop-up handles are good. Also, a really huge one that you can fit a person comfortably in will work.

[ 10 ]
    Do a set of Rolling Dumbbell One-Arm Handstand Push-Ups. Or Turkish Get-Ups. Or Triceps Extensions on the Leg Press Machine.

[ 11 ]
    Use sandwich bags instead of workout gloves.

I need to join a gym.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    ROTFLMFAO... Dude that is too funny!

Danielle is offline Female Member
    hmmmmm..........not really messing with peoples minds.........i think people would just laugh @ you .....if someone actually did those things........lol.......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    bro I'm gonna try the football helmet w/sandwich bag workout groves using 2 1/2 db's screaming...101,102,103,etc....then go get some fluids out of my old vodka bottle.

ow I'm gonna carry all that in my big ass suitcase and drag it in cause it ain't got wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Interested in playing mind games?

(Try these little tricks next time you hit the gym )

[ 3 ]
    Pick up the 2-pound nose-itcher dumbbells and proceed to lift them like you're doing the hardest set in your life. Scream and strain like you're pushing it to the limit. The larger you are, the more effective this one will be.
    Funny enough, those little 2 or 5 pounder dumbells can be excruciatingly hard to lift when used right

I'm doing physio for my messed up shoulder and some of the exercises the therapist makes me do with the little 5 pounders are harder, more tireing and more painfull than most of my heavy gym routine...

Red

ps: for the helmet, make sure it's a foil helmet! gotta block out those government satelite mind control rays!

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    This thread was worth reading. Haha, gave me quite a smile. Wear the helmet in the gym and act like special ed from crank yankers "I got mail yayyyyy"

You also got to make sure everyone in the gym see you get dropped off at the gym by the Short-Bus

Red

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    I am doing the vodka bottle thing tomorrow ! hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    I am doing the vodka bottle thing tomorrow ! hahahahaha
    It would even work better if u use a chaser after the bottle.

mfenske is offline Member
    This thread was worth reading. Haha, gave me quite a smile. Wear the helmet in the gym and act like special ed from crank yankers "I got mail yayyyyy"
    Saw that had to reply. I especially like the Vodka bottle, the Ab-belt, and screaming with little weights (this would be especially effective if this one guy from my gym was there cause man is that dude a screamer). Too funny though, I am forwarding this one to my wife immediately. Mark

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    I love the extension cord one!

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    You gotta love special Ed. Great thread. I have to foward this to my brother.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    What do you mean replace the vodka with water? You're suppose to not drink and drive they didn't say anything about drinking and lifting. haha

I'm swear I'm doing the bottle one come Monday. I work out in our company gym so this should be a riot.

I already wear the helmet, foil of course.........damn goverment!

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Funny stuff!!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry. But I would get my ass kicked if I did any of those in the gym. ANY
    Except the squat on the squat rack. That one might fly.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Fill an old vodka bottle with water and use it during a workout. People will wonder if that's "your secret weapon" to great results!

That is funny as hell!!!!!

alko is offline Junior Member
    I am all for number 1, but do not replace the vodka!

Thread Information