daem is offline Anabolic Member

computer pop up troubles?

hey guys...lately pop ups have been just appearing even when i am not surfing the net...where inside my system would the command be executed? is it most likely a spy cookie? i have checked everywhere that i know of inside to find what is causing them to come up, but i can't figure it out. if anyone has had similar problems with rogues files please help fill me in on why it is happening.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Download Ad-aware 6.0....its used to remove all spyware that you may have................also you can download googles toolbar it has a very effective pop up blocker...and its free

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I have Ad-Ware 6.0 it works great also pop-up stopper workes good to

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    What windows you running?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Like the guys say, Download Ad-Aware 6.0. You can get the Pro version off Kazaa or just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Also, after you've ran Ad-Aware go into your Program Files folder. But I suggest doing this only if you know what you're doing. There's always some left over files that get downloaded / installed on your system. They're safe to delete.

One for instance is ISTBar. You can get this junk from visiting sites like http://astalavista.box.sk - for finding serial numbers / cracks. Once you enter something to search for it'll give you a list of sites that have matches. Click on a site and it'll bring up the files and in order to download, you have to install some shit, which ends up being more than you want.

And if you really know what you're doing, you can delete the files from your registry using Regedit. But don't mess with the registry if you're a novice user.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    Like the guys say, Download Ad-Aware 6.0. You can get the Pro version off Kazaa or just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Also, after you've ran Ad-Aware go into your Program Files folder. But I suggest doing this only if you know what you're doing. There's always some left over files that get downloaded / installed on your system. They're safe to delete.

One for instance is ISTBar. You can get this junk from visiting sites like http://astalavista.box.sk - for finding serial numbers / cracks. Once you enter something to search for it'll give you a list of sites that have matches. Click on a site and it'll bring up the files and in order to download, you have to install some shit, which ends up being more than you want.

And if you really know what you're doing, you can delete the files from your registry using Regedit. But don't mess with the registry if you're a novice user.
    I didnt know astalavista.box.sk was back up.................. Ill have to check it out........by the way ad-aware is a free download http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I didnt know astalavista.box.sk was back up.................. Ill have to check it out........by the way ad-aware is a free download http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    yes, but if you want Pro version, it's got ad-watch. which i never use anyways, i just run it every month or so to check up on things.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    yes, but if you want Pro version, it's got ad-watch. which i never use anyways, i just run it every month or so to check up on things.
    I guess thats why your a vet and im just a member.....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the help guys...i got ad-aware and it seems to have solved the problem.

for anyone's information, im running windows 2003 server...the best OS microsoft has ever put out in my opinion. get it if you can.

Daem you have your own server? Do you ever host any online games on your server like return to castle wolfenstein or jedi outcast?

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    wolfenstein is the shiznet

Quote Originally Posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    wolfenstein is the shiznet
    Bro you should try Jedi outcast........that is by far the best game ive ever played

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Bro you should try Jedi outcast........that is by far the best game ive ever played
    #2 or #1?

First one got boring. Beat it like 10 times, and owned on multiplayer. Gotta love pull and throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    #2 or #1?

First one got boring. Beat it like 10 times, and owned on multiplayer. Gotta love pull and throw.
    Part 2

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Part 2
    I might have to buy it. I probably will wait once the price drops. I buy too many games new and regret it

FUCKING EB AND THEIR NEW RETURN POLICY THIS YEAR!

I used to buy games, beat it and return them, get the credit get a new game etc.

Oh well. Live and learn and find a new way to beat the "system".

Thread Information