usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Are you cheating yourself?

Here's some things commonly overlooked or taken for granted. Please feel free to add.

1.) Protein intake is at least .2g x bw. Ex: 200lb person should consume 400g of protein. *Double check b/c I didn't realize until recently that my 4oz portions of protein only came to 30g of protein, yea duh!

2.) Are you diversifying your protein selections? This means not just chicken and tuna every meal.

3.) Did you lift the same amount of weight or more this week as you did the week before. *Realize your losing muscle if you don't

4.) Are you taking enough multi's to supplement the lack of nutrients and vits in your diet?

5.) Have you been using the same workout for more than a year now?
    *If so take the time to acquant yourself to other ways of training such as West-Side, EDT, EMG, Doggcrapp's routine, 5x5, etc, etc, etc.

I know some of you are saying to yourselves, "is this guy insulting my intelligence?...this is basic stuff I learned from day one."
    Maybe so, but I know I'm guilty of neglecting two of these in the last yr. Feel free to add more to the checklist...

~US~

Straight Diesel is offline New Member
    good post...especially about the protein...i don't think most people realize how much protein that actually is...

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Eat at least 7 meals a day every 2.5 to 3 hours a day.

Consume no less than 1 gallon of water a day.

Don't spend too much time in the gym a 1.5 tops.... DOn't overtrain..... "less is best".

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Here's another.

I find alot of guys do not consantly re-evaluate their diets or caloric intake as they put on weight or muscle mass.
    You can't maintain the same caloric intake at 250lbs as you did at 235lbs and still gain.

xxxl83

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Listen to your body, if it's tired, rest it, if it's hungry, feed it, if it's stuck in a plateau, shock it.

mass junkie is offline banned
    and most importantly drink plenty of water.....and plenty of sleep......

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Is that really true that if you lift the same or less you are losing muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Listen to your body, if it's tired, rest it, if it's hungry, feed it, if it's stuck in a plateau, shock it.
    Yeah I like that one Big T...

I think its about time anyway you replace the quote thats in your signature now with something a little more original, hehe.

~US~

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Yeah I like that one Big T...

I think its about time anyway you replace the quote thats in your signature now with something a little more original, hehe.

~US~
    There........ ya happy now.

It was either that or one of my favorite quotes from a movie "Boy, you just "f"ed with the wrong bull."

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Where do you get the 400g of protein ED from? Thats pretty much and is hard on the body bro. 200-300 is enough if your not getting ready for a show (imo anyway).
    I agree with keeping a workout journal, it helps alot.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    400 grams of protein a day is unhealthy IMO.
    No one needs that much to grow.

something to think about...

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    400 grams of protein a day is unhealthy IMO.
    No one needs that much to grow.
    "There is evidence (see papers by Peter Lemon) that intense activity may increase protein requirements in order to maintain a positive nitrogen balance and avoid the loss of lean muscle tissue. The most recent requirements for athletes in intensive training (a term which requires definition as it may be that some threshold may exist for when additional protein above the RDA of .8 g/kg bodyweight is required) are: Strength athletes: 1.8 g/kg bodyweight and I've seen up to 2g/kg suggested as possible more effective. Dr Peter Lemon has been at this for over a decade now and his g/kg bodyweight figure is constantly going upwards. Data from Tarnpolosky with European athletes shows that massive protein intakes of up to 3.5 g/kg further increase lean mass gains. In the early 1970’s, a study of weightlifters showed that these athletes needed at least 2.2 gr/kg. Two decades later Russian research demonstrated better muscle increases with 4.2 gr/kg.

Tarnpolosky trained with natural and sauced athletes and noted that every athlete was gaining at advanced rates from the higher figures than the lower 1.8 or so---Dehydration is the main culprit people must watch out for on high protein diets but anyone who is a bodybuilder who is drinking less than a gallon a day is cheating himself already."-Dogcrapp

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    There........ ya happy now.

It was either that or one of my favorite quotes from a movie "Boy, you just "f"ed with the wrong bull."
    good choice especially since your avatar is a coyote, lol.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is no room for ego-training. It's not just how much you lift - but HOW you lift it. Don't start f'ing up a good movement by using too much weight (I usually see the worse form with Reverse Dumbell Delt Flyes - folks using way too much weight; ends up looking more like a row).
    Last edited by Warrior; 09-30-2003 at 02:12 PM.

Hey now.... don't be talking smack about Wile! I got Marvin as back up for when I grow weary of this avatar.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    There is no room for ego-training. It's not just how much you lift - but HOW you lift it. Don't start f'ing up a good movement by using too much weight (I usually see the worse form with Reverse Dumbell Delt Flyes - folks using way too much weight; ends up looking more like a row).
    Another very good point that I caught myself doing sometimes especially when I workout with a partner...

Thread Information