Thread: Cali People

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member

Cali People

Just wondering how Arnold did in the debate, and what it is looking like for the election? I didn't get to see the debate. I dont know what people of cali think of him being Governor, but I bet it would be some thing like minnesota and Ventura.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanhallmark
    Just wondering how Arnold did in the debate, and what it is looking like for the election? I didn't get to see the debate. I dont know what people of cali think of him being Governor, but I bet it would be some thing like minnesota and Ventura.
    Well, the biggest problem I have with Arnie is that he *still* hasn't said what he is going to do to fix our state... Lots of rhetoric, no specifics. It's great to say "Wow, Arnold as Governor, that's cool". But in the end, when the state is crumbling around me, what am I supposed to feel good about?

As much as I would hate to have to pay more taxes, at least Cruz Bustamante is being honest on what he is going to do. We are running in the red. The only way the state can make money and pay off our unbelievable amount of debt is to make budget cuts and raise taxes. It's basic math. How much that hurts businesses remains to be seen... that could also be bad.

Ariana Huffington is really cool, but I also don't think she has the experience to run the 6th largest economy in the world. I mean, we beat out people like Italy and Canada. California is a major player, and we can't afford to get even more f*cked up than it is.

My 2 cents on it.... by the way, the debate was a joke. Even the moderator had to apologize, saying it was more like comedy central than a debate.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Let's face it. Arnold's no Jesse Ventura. Jesse went from being a popular wrestler to a popular politician. He tackled issues and was geared up to respond to any inquiry that was thrown his way.

Arnold wasted our time cracking jokes on the debate. Personally, it's starting to look better for Gray Davis. I hate to say it but YES!!!, Gray fucked up the economy but he's trying to prevent us (my job) from going on strike by negotiating a contract. If he do this, he's got my vote. Because I can't afford to go on strike.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold did okay....McClintok did better...The Green party candidate stole the show.

Now as far as Ariana....FUCK HER....what a stupid dumb b*tch...all her intentions were were to attack Arnold...it was so bad a couple of times he lost it...and fired back at her...nothing she said made sense...if she was ever named Govenor...then god help us all....

This state is already in turmoil...to elect Cruz would be the stupidest thing ever...illigeals will have more rights than citizens and the state would have no more business...to elect Cruz it would be like re-elceting Davis.

As far as the debate last night....was not good...Ariana attacked Arnold...Arnold was not solid on too many of his issues and the Green dude had class and respect...he made his points snd then waited for his turn again.

This state has big problems.....raising taxes will only drive more business and people out of here. There is a sloutions...however, at the time I have no idea what it is...what I do know is that raising taxes is not the answer. We need to encourage more people to start business here and to come back here for they can then supply more jobs and increase spending....without jobs we are fucked. Taxing the rich will not do shit....

I may have offended some here....but this is my two cents. I have lived here all my life, and i have seen this great state go from a beatiful business rich place to an absolute shit hole...the sights are still nice but even those are losing their shine....we need money and we need it now.

Yup, I am right with Butch on this one. The state is falling apart, I am a 5th generation Californian, and I always thought how cool that was. Now, I am wondering how later generations of my family are going to think about it... "Oh yeah, we are from California Originally, but we moved to BFE Nebraska so we could survive"

Now, I am a swing voter, who votes for the guy who I think is going to get the job done, regardless of his party affiliation. But, no one other than Cruz Bustamante seems to have solid answers on what he plans to do. Whether it's the right thing or not is another story, but at least he has a plan.

To be honest, the longer this goes on I wonder if we should just ride out Gray Davis for another 2 years. He has really fucked up, but I am not sure that bringing in someone new now is the magic bullet we are all hoping for.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with you 100% Butch. McClintok looked good. I can't help but like that guy. I liked what he had to say about illegal immigrants getting licenses. "It undermines the people who went about it the right way and move to this country legal"

Also I wanted to shove my fist so far down that arrogant bitch (Huffington's) throat. I can't stand that dumb bitch. I told my wife is she gets ellected I'm straight up moving.

As for Bustamante. Why the hell would we want to get rid of one greedy crook for his partner in crime. That just makes no sense IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    As for Bustamante. Why the hell would we want to get rid of one greedy crook for his partner in crime. That just makes no sense IMO.
    Actually, it's pretty well known in the political arena that they hate each other. California votes for Lt. Gov seperately than the main one, unlike presidential elections where you vote for a "ticket". In fact, this is the first term in like 40 years where both are even from the same party! So I wouldn't be so quick to slam him because of Gray Davis.
    Last edited by navydevildoc; 09-25-2003 at 02:21 PM.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I agree with you 100% Butch. McClintok looked good. I can't help but like that guy. I liked what he had to say about illegal immigrants getting licenses. "It undermines the people who went about it the right way and move to this country legal"

Also I wanted to shove my fist so far down that arrogant bitch (Huffington's) throat. I can't stand that dumb bitch. I told my wife is she gets ellected I'm straight up moving.

I think Arnold and Mcclintok should team up. In the debate neither one ever disagreed with the other...and to tell the truth they worked good together. So I think that McClintok should hold onto his Senatorship and drop out of the race giving Arnold his votes....therefore, Arnold gets elected (cause he would then surpass Busta). They then can both run the show....McClintok can move his weight around the house to get votes for proposals and Arnold can sign them.

Whether Cruz and Ferry Davis get along or not....it doesn't matter becasue like Ron said it will be one replacing the other. Think about it....he is in favor of the lillegals getting a liscense....think about the security risks that they are going to enhance....my god anyone could get on a plane. Cruz is going to go in there and make it better for the illegals and worse for the hard working citizens of CA. We already give away too much shit...it's time for these lazy fucks to own up....no more f*cking handouts.

OnDaJuice is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    I think Arnold and Mcclintok should team up. In the debate neither one ever disagreed with the other...and to tell the truth they worked good together. So I think that McClintok should hold onto his Senatorship and drop out of the race giving Arnold his votes....therefore, Arnold gets elected (cause he would then surpass Busta). They then can both run the show....McClintok can move his weight around the house to get votes for proposals and Arnold can sign them.
    I could not agree more. I have heard rumblings from people that are big wigs in the republican party that are saying that this might be the case. I like Arnold as a person, he is smart and up to the job but he lacks politcal experience. I agree with Mcclintok's stance on most issues and would like him to win although this will never happen. We need a fiscally conservative gov. in office at this time. The problem is that it is unpopular to say lets give tax cuts to business. All we are gonna here is the normal retoric "tax cuts for the wealthy". I some times wonder if the jackasses in sac have even taken an econ class. I go to school at UC Berkeley, for those that dont know it is one of the most liberal places on the planet. I am even hearing rumblings here that we should elect arnold. If i hear that hear there is hope for CA and it leads me to believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Oh by the way arnold is in the lead in the most recent polls by a good margin.

Thread Information