Thread: 2004 F-150

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member

2004 F-150

Just wondering what you guys (or girls) think about the 2004 f-150..I just saw one yesterday and I thought it was really sharp. I currently have a 2002, but I may trade in. Ohh man I also just saw a comercial with the dodge ram and a f-150....

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I like the new ford. They did a real nice job on it. No matter what anyone says, ford makes good trucks. The new dodge looks good but it's made with toilet paper under those good looks.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Ford's have always looked like they use snap-on parts for the interior - basically it looks cheap. Hopefully the new 2k4's will do them justice.

righton is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking at the '04 myself considering my '00 has 115,000 miles on it and is reliable as fuck, only thing i replaced so far diff seal,O2 senser and one of the coils!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I like the look of the 2004's. If I hadn't already purchased an 03 I'd pick up (pun there) one for sure. Dodge isn't bad, I like the hemi but I'd wait to see if bugs come out of those before buying.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    I agree with Juggernaut, if you are going to purchase one, I'd strongly recommend waiting a few months, because they will get the first waves of recalls out of the way and because the truck is such a high volume product, discounts will be available left and right.

I do like the way it looks, and think it's a significant improvement over the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by righton
    I'm looking at the '04 myself considering my '00 has 115,000 miles on it and is reliable as fuck, only thing i replaced so far diff seal,O2 senser and one of the coils!
    Which coil did you replace..Was it the pass. side middle..Right under the coolent hose?

Quote Originally Posted by Strut99GT
    I agree with Juggernaut, if you are going to purchase one, I'd strongly recommend waiting a few months, because they will get the first waves of recalls out of the way and because the truck is such a high volume product, discounts will be available left and right.

I do like the way it looks, and think it's a significant improvement over the last one.
    Yeah I hear ya about the improvements, but what really gets me is that the 5.4 is putting out 300 horse now..My 02 has the 5.4 with i think 260 horse..What did they change to get that much more power out of it?
    Man 300 hours with my 3.55 limited slip axle would be nice..

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    I like the new F150 , if I didnt buy my 2002 F250 Super Duty , I'd definatley be getting a 150 how did they get the extra 40 horses out of that engine?? New air intakes or just computer tuning wish I would've waited a couple years.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries

FORD's ROCK!!

my baby.....i'm buying my wife a 04 fx4 with a 6" lift
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2004 F-150-trucksidecropped.jpg  
    Last edited by majorpecs; 10-01-2003 at 11:30 AM.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the inside of the new 150s. I am not happy however about the fact that they look identical to the 250s and up. I hate the side windows with the drop off by the side mirrors. They should have kept the two trucks somewhat different from each other.

I have both 150 and 450 diesel dually. IMO they are two totally different styles of trucks.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    You know, they raised the truckbed two inches solely so they could have the drop down windows. And if i can offer any advice to someone who wants one of these (i work for a Ford dealer), these trucks are nice and reliable, but they are COMPLETELY redone. So...they are new model. You will have all the problems a brand new model has, so don't be surprised if it seems like everything is wrong. Wait a year when they have almost everything perfected.

Screenz is offline Junior Member
    Nuthin beat a good ole crew cab powerstroke I love it when the chicks get in and go "Man you could have some serious sex in this thing"

righton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanhallmark
    Which coil did you replace..Was it the pass. side middle..Right under the coolent hose?
    Passenger side right against the firewall, the dealer tried to charge me $120+ for it and i got it from MSD for $60.

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    Ford does make good trucks and I like what they did with the 2004 F150...but I also like power - therefore buy a Chevy

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    my baby.....i'm buying my wife a 04 fx4 with a 6" lift
    nice truck bro

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    My truck 2002 F250 Superduty 4x4, just lifted 3 inches with 35's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2004 F-150-bike2.jpg   2004 F-150-mytruck.jpg  

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay73
    Ford does make good trucks and I like what they did with the 2004 F150...but I also like power - therefore buy a Chevy
    hate to tell you this bro, but in the most recent ride and drive, Ford beat the shit out of the Chevy. But i will give chevys props. there engine make neat flowering pots.

mfenske is offline Member
    Don't forget to check out the new Nissan Titan. Every car mag that has driven it really liked it. Plus, you can't beat the reliability and resale value of the imports. Mark

Thread Information