Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Matty is offline Junior Member

If you plan to vote in 2004, this may be of interest to you...

GEORGE W. BUSH ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I spent the US surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.

I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).

I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

I attacked and took over two countries.

I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.

I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president, since the advent of TV.

I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any other US president in history.

I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

I cut health care benefits for war veterans.

I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million >people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The poorest multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.)

I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.

I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.

I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.

I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States, called the "Bureau of Homeland Security"

I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history (Ronnie was tough to beat, but I did it!!).

I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations to remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.

I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

I withdrew from the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.

I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied,saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I set the all-time record for the number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations bidding for gov't contracts.

I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (my Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war.

I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

PERSONAL REFERENCES:

For personal references, please speak to my dad or Uncle James Baker. They can be reached in their offices at the Carlyle Group where they are helping to divide up the spoils of the US-Iraq war and plan for the next one.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I take it you don't like bush?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I would like to know which partisan dem distributed this. Because I know this isn't your list Matty.

I've skimmed over it and find some laughable points. And the Records and references piece is almost completey false.

The Personal references part really solidifys the fact that this is a trash piece aimed at swaying opinions of people who don't know much about previous and current politics in America. Especially economic status.

Again, please list where you got this from.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    hey well when you put it that way you make it sound bad.....

Maybe you should move to russia or N. Korea where your not able to express stuff like this. Hey your not happy just make sure you vote for someone else when the time comes... and most of these items you expressed are not things done "by bush" there are certain steps through congress that he has to take... and I know we I claim bankruptcy its from past bills not occuring recent ones... so most of these items can be place on the president prior to Bush........ um... uhhh.. Clinton?

O ya and the current deficept? I believe it was there when George was swore in.... and shoot me if Im wrong but it was still going down into the negatives... has any prior presidents gotten the deficept to increase for the positive? nope dont think so.... I believe the only time it STOPS is when the gov. shuts down.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, the problems with the economy are definitely caused in part by the north atlantic free trade agreement. This piece of shit document allows mexican goods which are produced at 1/10 the cost of american goods, with the workers getting paid 1/10 of the amount of american workers to come in untaxed. There is very little way for our manufacturing companies to compete with mexican prices, and thus, there is huge downsizing. Not to mention that 9-11 took a bigger toll on the economy than everyone likes to believe. And contrary to what that letter of yours says, 9-11 is not Bush's fault. It had been in the workings since clinton's time.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, i don't like bush's war mongering. And i certainly don't like him as a person. But, the president is only one man. The house and senate pass all the laws.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I will DEFINITELY be voting for bush....

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    god help us if its hillary vs. G.W. I think I might move!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    O ya and the current deficept? I believe it was there when George was swore in.... .

Clinton had a budget surplus going for several years there, and thanks to him, the end of the US National Debt was actually in sight. But over the last two years, under Bush's reign, the annual budget surplus dissapeared, and instead we got two of the biggest ever budget deficits, and the National Debt is up higher than ever.

Not to cry, though, because in return we got lots of tax reductions for rich folks, less $$$ going to fund education, health care, we got a nice little war with no real justification (and now American Taxpayers get to pay a few hundred billion to fix the mess Bush made), International relations is a mess (first Bush says "We don't need the rest of the world for this war," now that he's got an idea of how expensive these wars are, he's begging other countries to foot the bill--what an idiot), and we got John Ashcroft and the the so-called Patriot Act, which releives the gov't of the burden of getting a search warrant before they invade your home. The insane war on drugs is still as obnoxious as ever, and thanks to his administration, it ain't gonna get any better. Perhaps some of y'all who voted for him and his ilk will get the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of his policies and get to spend some time in the Greybar Hotel . . .
    Not that I'm much of a Democrat, I'm more of a Libertarian who appreciates the old-fashioned virtues of a government that stays the hell out of the private business of the average Joe.
    --Tock

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    I would like to know which partisan dem distributed this. Because I know this isn't your list Matty.

I've skimmed over it and find some laughable points. And the Records and references piece is almost completey false.

The Personal references part really solidifys the fact that this is a trash piece aimed at swaying opinions of people who don't know much about previous and current politics in America. Especially economic status.

Again, please list where you got this from.
    I TOTALLY agree with Phee and BIG on this one.
    As far as bankruptsys: It takes more than two years to get into a statee of bankruptsy.
    A democrat would have sat on his ass after 911 trying to solve the problem verbally.

Lets list ALL of Clintons bullshit. I GUARANTEE it will be WAY longer than bushes list if we are allowed to compile the same bullshit as the above list.

AND like he said with the economics. It is WAY off and crosses other economic issues paths that has nothing to do with the other.

AND AS far as CLINTONS SCANDALS: That is a list all by itself. Secrets to china and all the other shit he got away with.

I am happy with Bush. Im happy we conquered TWO FUCKED UP COUNTRIES. FUCK IRAQ and AFG. They are SO MUCH BETTER NOW.

THE United Nations sucks dick anyway. The UN is not how it used to be back in the days. The US should no longer be a part of the UN and probably wont if things dont change. The UNs affectivenes ended a long time ago.

THE WORLD POPULATION WILL NEVER LIKE THE US.
    And. There will ALWAYS be more people PROTESTING A WAR than people supporting a war. Its always easier to roll down hill than it is to hike up it.

FUCK THAT DEMOCRATIC LIST.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    that's a fucking bullshit list, why the fuck would you post that shit?

Clinton gave 140 pardons his last day of office. Although it is common for Presidents to grant a number of pardons before leaving office, as the details of Clinton's pardons unfolded (some given to campaign contributors, one to a cocaine trafficker, and one to fugitive Marc Rich) he was subject to severe and lingering criticism. -Wikipedia

The North American Free Trade Agreement, known usually as NAFTA, is comprehensive trade agreement linking Canada, the U.S.A., and Mexico in a free trade sphere. Unlike the European Union, NAFTA does not create a set of supranational governmental bodies, nor does it create a body of law which is superior to national law. NAFTA went into effect on January 1, 1994. -Wikipedia

Welfare Reform (signed after vetoing it twice before)

On March 14, 1996 he authorized a $100 million anti-terrorism agreement with Israel to track down and root out terrorists.

Heres a few examples of goodol' BILL doing his job.

"Clinton had a budget surplus going for several years there, and thanks to him, the end of the US National Debt was actually in sight."

WHEN????? thats the funniest shit Ive EVER heard... never has the national debt gone positive.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    that's a fucking bullshit list, why the fuck would you post that shit?
    Why not? Because you don't agree with it he shouldn't post it?

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I will DEFINITELY be voting for bush....
    I will DEFINITELY NOT be voting for bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I will DEFINITELY NOT be voting for bush.
    and your reason? just want to get some more perspective on why you wouldnt. Would you vote hillary clinton if she ran?

just a point here. there seems to be confusion about the debt and deficit. the reason is that they are different things. the debt is the money that the nation owes. the deficit is the amount that we go further into debt every year. or put another way, the amount of money that the government uses in excess of what it takes in (spending more money than you have). during the last few clinton years, the U.S. had a budget surplus, where tax receipts outweighed the amount of money spent. the debt was ostensibly slated to be retired in at the level of funding then. the debt is so high that ~6.8 trillion dollars or 23,000 dollars for every man woman and child. the national budget is just shy of 2 trillion and 15% of it is just interest.

on another note. apolitically, clinton wasnt the only one responsible for the good econmic policy. the first bush realized that reagonomics would doom us, so he slashed spending and raised taxes. clinton did the same and congress mostly adhered to spending caps. of course it really goes back to carters fed chief volker (?) who was greenspans mentor and the first inflation hawk who racheted up rates through the roof!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Alright everyone calm down, let's not get over-excited about a politically bias propoganda pre-election handout...after all, politicians are like diapers...they fill up with shit and need to be changed regularly

~US~

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Alright everyone calm down, let's not get over-excited about a politically bias propoganda pre-election handout...after all, politicians are like diapers...they fill up with shit and need to be changed regularly

~US~
    Hey stop talking about Clinton!!!

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    O ya and the current deficept? I believe it was there when George was swore in.... and shoot me if Im wrong but it was still going down into the negatives... has any prior presidents gotten the deficept to increase for the positive? nope dont think so.... I believe the only time it STOPS is when the gov. shuts down.
    WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. One thing Clinton DID get right is the budget.

http://w3.access.gpo.gov/usbudget/fy2001/guide04.html

In 1998 the budget was in the black. In 2001, when Bush took office, it was still in the black running off the budget Clinton pushed thru. You can even see the projected budget surplus. But OOPS... we elected Bush. Now we have the largest defecit spending in recent memory.

Get you facts straight before you post!!!

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    sorry democrats....bush has got my vote

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Ahh ol dubya. He's a joke.

1)Homeland security - funny how He is against big government yet increased the size and power of it with an organization which wont stop shit. Ignorance is bliss they say. I suppose even the illusion of safety is enough for most americans. Lucky for bush.

2) Hillary Clinton is not going to run or win. Or maybe she'll run but everybody knows she wont win. So lets just stop this nonsense now.

3)Clinton had some scandals. Oh yeah. But seriously....who the fuck cares if the man is cheating on his wife. Its between him, his wife, and that monica lady. Oh its a bad influence on the kids? How about lying to america in the state of the union and attacking a country which can do us no harm. Hey thats a great example to set.

4)The one that gets me riled the most is that Bush was so ready to send our troops to die...and then he backstabbed them. Who the fuck does he think he is? Do you all know that BUSH CUT $28 Billion In VETERENS HEALTH CARE???

"Is there no honor in the hallowed halls of our government that you choose to dishonor the sacrifices of our nation's heros and rob our programs....to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy?"
    - Edward Heath - national commander of disables american veterans.

5)Veterens arent the only people Bush fucked. How about the firefighters who rushed to save people at the towers? Do you know what he did to them? He treid to cut their funding by $1 billion dollars in his budget. Then he rejected $150 million for grants to state and local first responders (fire/police)

“President Bush, don't lionize our fallen brothers in one breath, and then stab us in the back by eliminating funding for our members to fight terrorism and stay safe.” - President of the Firefighters union

"“The president has merely been using firefighters and their families for one big photo opportunity.” - President Virginia firefighters association.

I hate gettin all worked up about bush. But what can i say. blatent ignorance and egotistical policy piss me off. How did a man this stupid get in charge.....oh yeah $$$ to bad the wealthy rule america. If only I had an oil company then dubya would be my bitch

peace

ps. im not a democreat. I vote on issues. Unlike most of the sheep in america who vote because there is a candidate in their part.

"Straight Ticket Voting is for pussies"

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Why not? Because you don't agree with it he shouldn't post it?
    I did not say i did not agree with it, i just think some of what's on that list is bullshit so shut your fucking piehole.

just for the record i hate bush
    Last edited by BigMike J; 10-01-2003 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Yeah, the problems with the economy are definitely caused in part by the north atlantic free trade agreement.
    Ya know, you might want to make sure you at least have the name right before you start slamming it... It's the North AMERICAN Free Trade Agreement... Hence USA, Canada, Mexico.

You are thinking of the North Atlantic Treaty Organazation, better known as NATO.

Let me Propose a ? To all those who support and like bush. May I ask what it is you like about him? What has he done that is worthy of praise. just curious. I'd like some good responses not just "he quashes those stupid democrats." lol thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect

~US~
    so true

Part of what happend in the stock market could be attributed to 9/11

And we should have attacked Iraq a long time ago.

Afghanistan deserved what they got.

Touching up on what Pheedno said, you need to have your shit str8

Why should we have attacked Iraq a long time ago? please justify this or at least elaborate.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. One thing Clinton DID get right is the budget.

http://w3.access.gpo.gov/usbudget/fy2001/guide04.html

In 1998 the budget was in the black. In 2001, when Bush took office, it was still in the black running off the budget Clinton pushed thru. You can even see the projected budget surplus. But OOPS... we elected Bush. Now we have the largest defecit spending in recent memory.

Get you facts straight before you post!!!
    Pathetic that a military man backs clinton. After he trimed the budget on the military and shut down bases ALL OVER america. Including major ones for the Navy in Orlando and on the other parts around the Gulf of mexico.

I'm voting Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    so shut your fucking piehole.
    Excuse me? What is your problem? I asked you a question and did not flame you so there is NO REASON for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso

I'm voting Bush.
    why? Its a reasonable question...not a flame Im just asking you to give good reasons as to why bush would be a good leader. Because clearly already he has not been.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Why should we have attacked Iraq a long time ago? please justify this or at least elaborate.
    When haven't we been threatened by Saddam? If I recall Iraq made several threats way back during the Gulf War about hitting America hard.

As for George W. It's either him, or one of my New England pricks of the moment. You pick, Howard Dean or Stiffy John Kerry.

All the democrats like Kerry and Kennedy signed the bill thrown around by Bush and they clearly supported the war in Iraq. Then when all democrats started slamming Bush they did the typical polictical party thing and saved face and said "WE DIDN'T KNOW! BAD BUSH BAD!"

So when you vote in 2004 (If your democrat in the primary). Keep in mind:

Liberman: Anti-EVERYTHING. This guy censored alot of major things he thought was wrong. Instead of doing whats good for the people, he does things that makes him look good. Anti-Violent Video Games, Anti-Eminem, Anti-Jackass, Anti-Free Speech. If he's elected president god how will society be?

Hillary Clinton (The one that wears the pants in the relationship): Do we have to remind of you having a WOMAN as president? Not to mention hearing how fucking fake she is. She's worse than Bush. "I asked Bill why. Why. I cried so hard."

Howard Dean: Not really much to say. If I voted democrat I'd vote for him over all the others to say. Did a semi-decent job in Vermont. Definately pick him over Kerry, Clinton.

John Kerry: Has done an ass backward job in Mass. This guy is such a fraud. He backed Bush but when Election 2004 was coming around he turned so he could become a canidate for the democratic party. What has he done for Massachusetts? NOTHING. Between him, that drunk ass baby sitter killer Ted Kennedy and even our Republican communist Mitt Romney. He's a joke. He raises the prices on taxes, he raises the prices on gun permits (Which is fucked up for so many reasons.) Massachusetts politians SUCK!

Wesley Clark: General, military, Democrat. Does not mix.

---
    End of story

Bush will be a better fit than any of them (Except maybe Dean).

why? Its a reasonable question...not a flame Im just asking you to give good reasons as to why bush would be a good leader. Because clearly already he has not been.
    Because I don't read democratic newspapers nor do I watch the democrat stations on TV. Everything is political. We got republican/democratic/independant newspapers.

I don't feed into negative press.

He came into a economy that was slumping. Plus what can the President do about the economy? It's not his job. He has done a fine job finding out how shitty the UN is. We don't need them in the US.

He also has found out who are true friends are. France and Germany I can see why the don't wanna fight. They had like 3-4 major wars in the last 2 centuries. (Not including Korea). They should have though supported America's decision and just laid back and let the US do whatever.

Bush isn't a nazi. What did we accomplish in Iraq? More then you'll ever know.

This picture says it all:

Pathetic that a military man backs clinton. After he trimed the budget on the military and shut down bases ALL OVER america. Including major ones for the Navy in Orlando and on the other parts around the Gulf of mexico.

I'm voting Bush.
    Hmm, I wouldn't call it pathetic. Bush #1 actually started the cuts after the cold war, and CONGRESS runs the Base Realignment And Closure Committee (BRAC). They decide which bases go and which stay. Yes, it breaks my heart to see these bases grow weeds (NS Treasure Island) or get bulldozed (NTC San Diego). But you don't keep a 50 year old office building around when there is no one working in it.

At least Clinton had the Cajones to say he didn't want to go to Vietnam, and went and got one of the best repected educations (Rhodes Scholar, Yale Law) that one can have. Bush #2 went off to the fucking reserves and sat on his ass, and then when it was over said he wanted to go!

I was in ground combat under Clinton (Kosovo). You know what, we had planes overhead, ships with missles nearby, and marines and soldiers on the ground. When we needing something, we never heard "we don't have that" or "that's broke, sorry" or "I don't know how to do that". Things worked, and worked well. We had international support, we had presidential support, and we kicked ass. I don't think the cuts in the budget were as devestating as people think.

Thanks to Bush, one of my friends came home from the sand in a box a few months ago. Then he has the gall to stop carrier ops on the Lincoln so he can deliver a live TV address that the war is "over".

Where is Osama bin Laden? Where is Saddam Hussein? Where are the WMD? When was the last time you even heard the govmt mention Osama? We have been goat-fucking this from the get-go.

I will *not* be voting for Bush. If Clark wins the Dem Primaries, I will be voting for him. Being a Democrat does not mean anti-military. Being Republican does not automatically mean more defense spending. Don't call me "Pathetic" just because I vote one way or another.

So what threat did Sadam pose? He couldnt hit us if he wanted to. "More than I'll ever know." Please enlighten me I'd really like to know.

And what about clark? I know he just entered the campaign but your reason for not considering him is that he is military and a democrat? what do you honestly think all military personel are republicans? republican, democrat...they are just words. What you are is what you believe in, not the word that fits it best.
    Last edited by symatech; 10-01-2003 at 05:53 PM.

[QUOTE=navydevildoc]At least Clinton had the Cajones to say he didn't want to go to Vietnam, and went and got one of the best repected educations (Rhodes Scholar, Yale Law) that one can have. Bush #2 went off to the fucking reserves and sat on his ass, and then when it was over said he wanted to go![\QUOTE]

Yea especially when Clinton was a DRAFT DODGER OVER IN EUROPE DURING THE VIETNAM WAR! GREAT PRESIDENT. He was a fucking coward. Precious Billy boy had to run outta the US once they started the draft. No better than the guys who ran to canada or fell down a flight of stairs to break their legs to avoid being drafted.

Wesley Clark: General, military, Democrat. Does not mix.
    Huh? In what way? I don't understand this one. Rhodes Scholar. Rose in the ranks to SACEUR. Ran the war in Kosovo, which from very first hand experience think was a great success. He pissed people off at the Pentagon because he spoke his mind .

I don't see why people have a problem with democrats being in the military, being pro-military, whatever.

So what threat did Sadam pose? He couldnt hit us if he wanted to. And what about clark? I know he just entered the campaign but your reason for not considering him is that he is military and a democrat? what do you honestly think all military personel are republicans? republican, democrat...they are just words. What you are is what you believe in, not the word that fits it best.
    Saddam posed no threat no. He was a nice guy. He and his sons were like the Waltons.

He was a modern day Stalin. Executing people, torturing them. Feeding them foot first into giant wood chippers. But other than they were a great family. Very curtious and nice. Mass graves, yea those were a mistake right?

Saddam is just a misunderstood serial killer. His sons, just spawns of him. Sorry man, if you didn't feel saddam was a threat then I feel bad for you.

I don't support war but then again when you have an asshole like this murdering thousands a day. He needed to be dealt with.

Syamatech-let me elaborate for you, I did not mean that we should have "attacked Irag a long time ago", but rather push Hussein out of power simply because he did pose a potential threat however weak.

I do want to stress that i did not actually mean "attack iraq"

i am neither rep nor dem, but i do have a question. How do you think if elected Al Gore would have handled 9/11? I am not so sure he has any balls to do anything.

GO ARNY

Yea especially when Clinton was a DRAFT DODGER OVER IN EUROPE DURING THE VIETNAM WAR! GREAT PRESIDENT. He was a fucking coward. Precious Billy boy had to run outta the US once they started the draft. No better than the guys who ran to canada or fell down a flight of stairs to break their legs to avoid being drafted.
    Bush dodged it too. Shit he went AWOL from the fuckin national guard. and you call clinton a pussy. cmon man do you really think that bush served his time by refusing to take drug tests in the national guard. they should have kicked him out for that. but he wasnt. wonder why...hmm maybe its because he may have been drafted oh no

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information