Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

What cell phone should I get?

Im thinking about Siemens A55 because it is decently cheap and I like how it look.
    What cell do you recommend that isnt to expensive? Maby around 110-120 bucks. Im in no big need of wap or gprs or any fancy shit like that I just want it to have clear sound and not break to easy.

Right now I have a piece of shit Siemens s35 and the fucker has been so much troubble. First the fucking buttons stopps working if I have it turned on to long and now the sound have stoped working . Call sounds and shit works but I cant hear people if I trie to call or someone calls me. It worked at first to beat the shit out of it but now not even that works anymore

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    nokia's always known for its durability.. choose the right models though. i guess i won't state the models out as the numbers vary from where we live. nokia rulez

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    try to get a model that doesn't have features you don't need. I have my phone to make calls, and that's all. No color screen, no voice dialing, but 5 hours of talk time on the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by n0_Genetics
    nokia's always known for its durability.. choose the right models though. i guess i won't state the models out as the numbers vary from where we live. nokia rulez
    Dont know why but I fucking hate nokia I think they are butt fuggly and...well I have no reason to hate them realy lol I just do it

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    lol... has been hanging on to nokia for a while now, used to its functions, i'm like a mouse in the maze when it comes to siemens...well...definitely better than motorola though

SL55 is definitely durable cos i had a friend who had dropped it several times and its still working perfect. hope its not too expensive over there though...

nj juice is offline Member
    whatever you do, just dont get a nextel, you will definatley be disappointed. Their service is horrible, i'm tempted to break my phone in anger @ nextel at least 2-3 times a day.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Yeh..........and don't go with Sprint either..............my service sucks.........@ least here in New York........and they turn your phone off all the time...............forget about the customer service.........u cant ever get a live person on the phone
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    Yeh..........and don't go with Sprint either..............my service sucks.........@ least here in New York........and they turn your phone off all the time...............forget about the customer service.........u cant ever get a live person on the phone
    have you been on vacation danielle? hehe

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Johan get a nokia damnit! Thats real quality! Ericsson can go to hell with their overpriced picture phones!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

here's my sales pitch...

Shopping for a cell??? let me give you some advice...don't get caught up in finding the right phone. The phones are only as good as the system their on. Believe me when I tell you, the choice of phone should be secondary to choosing a carrier. Difference in phones is a matter of personal preferences. Think about it...how good is a phone if the service sucks??? talk to friends and family and find out which carrier has the best coverage in your area. Find out who owns the most towers...thats what counts.

Folks, don't forget he is in Europe... where cell service rocks big time... (christ, cell phones are almost a religion there!)

I have a Sony-Ericson T200 (yeah I know sounds like crap, and it is!) and bought it because it's a world phone.

Europe uses the GSM900 and GSM1800 standards, whereas here in north america it's GSM1900 (all the same standard, but different radio frequencies. North america also uses the X1 standard and is slowly phasing out the old Digital AMPS and Analogue AMPS 800 mhz phones.

Last time I went to the UK, there wasn't a square inch of territory where my phone didn't work! I kid you not... England, Wales, Scotland... even in some tiny village with more sheep than people, phone had 4/5 or 5/5 signal.

I'll let some of the EU bros answer you Johan as you guys have such cool phones over there (a lot better than the junk we get here)... but I can tell you STAY AWAT from the Sony-Ericson T200!!!!

Red

Yeah the carries are good here, everyone of them works everywhere(maby not a couple of miles out in the woods or in the mountains but hell Il never go there so screw that )
    Nokia is uggly palme And seems like the cheaper ones are crap from reviews.
    Ericsson is crap to I hate them and they are even ugglier then Nokia hum that kinds of narrows it down for me

kiro is offline Junior Member
    johan,

i used to hate Nokia to man and had a ME 45 Siemens which was the greatest. Recently i hade a nice deal for one of the latest version of Nokia - 7250i and i'm very pleased with it man, trust me.
    kiro

Quote Originally Posted by kiro
    johan,

i used to hate Nokia to man and had a ME 45 Siemens which was the greatest. Recently i hade a nice deal for one of the latest version of Nokia - 7250i and i'm very pleased with it man, trust me.
    kiro
    That sounds like one of the more expensive modells?

Might try nokia next time I get a cell phone, but bought the siemens a55 today http://www.my-siemens.com/a55/

595sek(around 70 dollar) wasnt to bad. A little small and looks and feels like a toy but aslong as the sucker doesnt break Il be satisifed

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    To everyone in Canada DO NOT BUY A FIDO!

There service towers overlap, and are cut out by rodgers/atnt. Their phones pick up other companies signals, and you can either be charged for that, or have no service. Their phones are regular nokias, and such, but they rip them open and "reprogram" the internals, so that they will not work with anyother provider, but they don't work on their own towers either.

I talked to the service rep of Canada, and he told me that because my phone would not work(still under warranty) they would replace it. So I sent my phone in, and it was sent back to me still not working. He claims that there was a misunderstanding, and that all they can do is give me the value of half of what the phone is worth in airtime if I sign up for a three year contract. I was pay-as-you-go. Well, I sat out side their booth in our mall with a sign that said "Fido is the Devil" for a week, they called the cops, and had me removed for loitering, as they put it.

Fido is the GNC of phones. Don't ever go there!!!!!!!

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    I have had Nextel since they came out, service is excellent . At least in my area.

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    If you need something durable make sure you get a clam shell design, this pretty much rules out Nokia. Nokias are awsome and I will always own them for their user friendly OS and beautiful design. They also have the biggest following in terms of after-market stuff.. if you're into that nerdy shit like i am!

Nixter.

Thread Information