symatech is offline Retired Moderator

What is wrong with my leg?

Sup everybody. About three or 4 days ago i put 1/2cc prop in my right calf. I was at work that day and I got an itch there. Not really thinking I just slapped the shit out of it to ease the itching....now my leg is swollen.

From the top of my calf to the top of my foot my right leg is biiiig. I have ice on it now. It doesnt hurt, interfere with my normal activities (walking training etc. But it itches a little and is very...well...disturbing. Anybody know what has happened, how long it takes to go away, and anyways I can expedite that process?

In 4 more days if it shows no imporvenment Illl probably go to the doc.

thanks

symatech

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    It might be an infection from the needle It might not have been as sterial as you think Id put some proxcide and maybe go to the doc and get some antibiotics for it

alright. if it was an infection do you think it would be hurting right now? also, the needle was straight out of the sealed pack as was the syringe. If they werent sterile then...well...i dunno thats scary

oh ya 1 more thing i forgot. I was massaging my leg earlier and I noticed that when I pushed down hard on the swollen part near my injection site, it left an indention. Kinda like those nice mattreses you see on tv, when they push their hand down and the handprint is there. That happens, but goes away after a few seconds. Thanks again!

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    oh ya 1 more thing i forgot. I was massaging my leg earlier and I noticed that when I pushed down hard on the swollen part near my injection site, it left an indention. Kinda like those nice mattreses you see on tv, when they push their hand down and the handprint is there. That happens, but goes away after a few seconds. Thanks again!
    Symatech, your holding fluid, probably like puss. This happens cause the body is trying to get as many w/bld cells in as possible to help aid and protect the inject site. My suggestion would be to get it checked out and if not, make sure it stays clean.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    definitely get it checked out. sounds like you've got an infection/abcess. Don't wait 4 days, you might not have that long. This is in all seriousness.

Ok I suppose Ill call the doc up. No sense in being stupid. Ive been off of insurance for awhile now, and my work insurance hasnt kicked in. any ideas?

also, my leg doesnt really hurt. If it was an absess would it be hard for me to walk?

thanks again

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Ok I suppose Ill call the doc up. No sense in being stupid. Ive been off of insurance for awhile now, and my work insurance hasnt kicked in. any ideas?

also, my leg doesnt really hurt. If it was an absess would it be hard for me to walk?

thanks again
    You need to get on antibiotics. If the area is warm and swollen, you most likely have an infection. Are you running a temperature, or have any other symptoms that are out of the ordinary? Absesses may hurt, but depending on how deep it is, it might not hurt at all. You have had about 4 days since the injection, and that is more than enough time to get a really nasty infection growing. You need to get to a doc and have them check it out.

If it is an absess, they have the option of cutting it open and draining it, in addition to putting you on antibiotics. Just be prepared for that eventuality.

Also, hot compresses will help your body fight off a possible localized infection. Get a washcloth, soak it will some really hot water, and then hold it on the area for 10 or 15 minutes several times a day. The heat helps kill bacteria, which makes it easier for your white blood cells to take care of the mess.

Just when you get to the doctor, be honest, don't BS him. Tell him you injected there. You gain nothing by lying. The laws for doctor patient confidentiality keep him from reporting you to anyone. You might catch some crap for it, and he may lecture you for a while, but in the end, you will get better care.

Im not really running a temp. I have had some minor flu like symptoms but they have been around every since I started prop on sept 11. I just started my var 3 days ago.

I tried to suck out something from the swollen part but when i pulled back nothing happened. although all i have is a 23g pin....im afraid to jab myself with the 18g.

Thank you for your reply navydevildoc

Should I Stop My Cycle?

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Should I Stop My Cycle?
    NO!!!

No real need to stop your cycle at this point..How many days has it been since you noticed the discomfort? Are you still experiencing itching, burning sensation, swelling??

Doc M

The thing is doc, that it's not really any discomfort. It doesnt hurt, burn, only itches a tiny bit now and then. Its been I think 2 days that its been swollen; I believe I was wrong in my first post. I injected, then the next day I slapped my leg. Then the day after that it was all swolen. Now my leg was hurting like a bitch when I slapped it, but that was typical pain thats associated with the prop.

This morning my leg looks a bit smaller...but I cant be too sure. Im going to call around and try and get in to see the doctor today. If there is one thing this board has taught me its better to be safe than sorry.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If there is one thing this board has taught me its better to be safe than sorry.
    You can never be too safe when it comes to your health..If it is a question in your mind, seek out a Doctor for a check..Good luck!!

Doc M

Ok I have been calling like mad and finally secured an appointment today. Im leavin right now so I'll let you guys know what the doc says.

To all those that replied thank you very much for your time and insight. It is much appreciated

peace

Ok, Im back from the doc and he said its infected. He said it is probably not an abcess because he couldnt feel any pockets of puss. but he also said I need to come back soon so he can recheck it. I tried to fill my RX that he gave me (generic antibiotic...forgot the name) But those whores wouldnt fill it because of a simple technicality with a date of birth or something. I might have to fill it for cash. $100. small price to pay when you look at what could have happened. Chalk it up to learning by experience...the hardest...and best way to learn anything.

I dont know why it got infected. I used a different pin to inject as I did to withdraw the oil. I swabbed it with a different alcohol pad each time (yes i know the debate behind this) I really have no idea how it happened. Is is possible that the sterility of my vial is now compromised? If so i am terrified to inject more, although have already injected 4 times since then with no apparant problems.

time will tell

peace

ps. thanks 1 more time

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    are you remembering to swab the stopper with alc. before you withdraw?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    are you remembering to swab the stopper with alc. before you withdraw?
    yes. all my injections are textbook.

Back form the pharm now and I have some:

"Amoxicillin and Clavulante Potassium Tablets ,USP"
    875mg/125mg

Its the generic since I can't afford name brand meds. basically its just Augmentin.

I take two per day for 10 days.

BTW: I am the luckiest bastard in the world. My insurance expires TODAY!!! If you bros had not convinced me to go to the doc right away I would be up shit creek with no paddle. Thank you very much for sound advice. This board is the best!!!!!!!!!

peace

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    hehe your insurance is covering anabolic injection infections? (say that 5x's real fast). What plan are you on?

anabolic injection infections...hell yeah isnt yours? AII is a common thing these days right?

In all seriousness though, what's he gonna say. "id like to treat you but seing as you brought this on yourself Im just gonna kick you out of my office and say good luck"

then i say "malpractice"

anabolic injection infections...hell yeah isnt yours? AII is a common thing these days right?

In all seriousness though, what's he gonna say. "id like to treat you but seing as you brought this on yourself Im just gonna kick you out of my office and say good luck"

then i say "malpractice"

No its just that usually the doc has to tell the insurance company wht your being ttreated for... and sometimes the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    No its just that usually the doc has to tell the insurance company wht your being ttreated for... and sometimes the cause.
    all the doc has to tell my insurance co is that I had a leg infection. nothing more.

all the doc has to tell my insurance co is that I had a leg infection. nothing more.
    o ok cool. did you tell the doc what you did? cause now if the National security law passes your doc gonna report your ass for terrorism... cause you know your supporting terrorists now just kidding

oh shit your right. well bros, if you dont hear from me again dont listen to their bullshit lies. I am being held a political prisioner somewhere in the US where I will be held indefinately with out trial. Thank you very much patriot act!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    holy shit, doode, i'm scared outta my gord now. sorry that happened, and i'm glad you got it taken care of...

-- cb

Thread Information