Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    peam is offline Suspended

Where to go to college?

I know I Just made a thread and this is sounding an awfull lot like Big T's thread but.... I'm trying to figure out where I want to go to college... kinda need to apply here soon and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions.... where you went... why you liked it or didn't like it..where you've been.. pretty much anything will help me out at this point since I Have NO CLUE where I want to go.

huh? is offline Associate Member
    goto texas tech! red raiders!

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Depends on what your major would be. DB

I'm thinking psychology.... but I'm not sure yet so... it doesn't matter too much, if I figure I want something else and my school doesn't have it... I'll transfer.

OK,second question.What is your financial status. DB

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huh?
    goto texas tech! red raiders!

I won't get any help from the gov't that's for damn sure... and my parents will pay for whatever they can... and then... yeah loans are good!

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You live in oregon, u have two great schools there, use em. In-staters always reap the benefiets.

two great schools? name them!

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Seriously? Go to the best academic school you can get into. Don't worry about location, friends, boyfriend, cafeteria quality, weather, or money (you'll get loans & grants). You'll never regret your decision if you make it with the right priorities in mind.

As for me, I went to Tulane down in N'Awlins. They had a good program for what I wanted to do. And its a great city all around.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    well girly............first try to decide what you want to major in.....then you can narrow it down to the schools that specialize in the field...........(but if your not positive........def. go with liberal arts..........i've seen too many people stuck in college for 5 years cause they changed their major like 3 times and couldn't use half the credits they already had taken).........then decide whether you want to go away or stay @ home...........i'm in my Junior year of college......and now I've finally just realized how bad i wanna go away to school.........i think im just gonna do even if its jsut for my last year..............just for the eperience
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

I know for sure I wanna go away because.... I mean Uof Oregon is 2 hours away it's still not as away as I'd like.... and I'm thinking I'm almost positive it's psychology I've applied to 2 schools already and I'm thinking I don't want to go to either one.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I go to a certain large university in boston. Great town, good school. Expensive though if you can't get the government aid.

OK,last question.What are your grades like? DB

good... SAT score wasn't too hot.... actually only 1060... I swore I was smarter than that.... but I have a 3.8... all advanced/AP/honors classes... lots of spanish... only 3 years of math and 2 of science... couldn't handle that stuff

you still have time to take a prep class/read a prep book and take them one more time. I went up 200 points just by reading.

I took a class last year... probably too muc hbefore I actually took the test..

Quote Originally Posted by peam
    I took a class last year... probably too muc hbefore I actually took the test..
    yeah.. the book only really helped because i had taken the test and i knew what they were talking about.

You ever consider one of the UCal schools? They're really good, and not too far from you.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    the SAT's are becoming less and less important for college addimissions.......i wounldn't worry about it too much........i did horrible on mine............i hate vocabulary/spelling...........always my worst areas even to this day........but in college i'm holding a 3.5 cumulative.............if anything i think your GPA is more important
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

are there any particular things you want? big school small school, city or country? Diverse or white?

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Go to the school that offers you the most aid and where you can do the best at, especially if you wanna go to grad school. You already stated you have problems with standardized tests so no point of having a poor GPA in college with bad GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MCAT/DAT or whatever.....Check out online for guides to help you decide...

Heres one on MSN: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/depart...x?page=archive

good... SAT score wasn't too hot.... actually only 1060... I swore I was smarter than that.... but I have a 3.8... all advanced/AP/honors classes... lots of spanish... only 3 years of math and 2 of science... couldn't handle that stuff
    Florida state is a great school,but the waves suck here,weather great though

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member

Not even a question where to go...

How come no one mentioned U of H in Honolullu(sp), going to school in Hawaii would be the bomb. Next best I would say Arizona, ASU or U of A. If you are not going Ivy league and want a more unique or prestigious degree go to school in the UK, Canada or London. Why pay insanely expensive US tuition for a school like LSU, FSU, or some other plain jane university that's like all the rest when you can go out of country, travel, have a blast and live at a higher standard of living with the same amount of money. If you aren't in the top 20 or so schools in the US go to a party U or leave the country and study and live abroad for a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    How come no one mentioned U of H in Honolullu(sp), going to school in Hawaii would be the bomb. Next best I would say Arizona, ASU or U of A. If you are not going Ivy league and want a more unique or prestigious degree go to school in the UK, Canada or London. Why pay insanely expensive US tuition for a school like LSU, FSU, or some other plain jane university that's like all the rest when you can go out of country, travel, have a blast and live at a higher standard of living with the same amount of money. If you aren't in the top 20 or so schools in the US go to a party U or leave the country and study and live abroad for a year or two.
    I lived out of th ecountry for 2 yrs,it sucks!!Couldn't wait to get back,and I kissed the ground right of the airplane and swore I'd never leave the good old UAS again.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Danielle is right...I had a 3.85 avg in highschool with tons, 9 AP tests, and a 1400+ SAT score and I only got into 4 schools out of 20 I applied too, one being UF and one being U of Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    the SAT's are becoming less and less important for college addimissions.......i wounldn't worry about it too much........i did horrible on mine............i hate vocabulary/spelling...........always my worst areas even to this day........but in college i'm holding a 3.5 cumulative.............if anything i think your GPA is more important

WOW poor spelling that's USA

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    Danielle is right...I had a 3.85 avg in highschool with tons, 9 AP tests, and a 1400+ SAT score and I only got into 4 schools out of 20 I applied too, one being UF and one being U of Miami.
    She would like U of M being her spanish is good DB

OKay... I want a bigger school kinda wanna stick with the whitness... not that I'm racist I just haven't had any experience with any other races besides black and mexican and well... I guess there are shitty epople from every race... so yeah I'm not sure onthe diversity thing... I was thinking I watned a college town but now I really have no idea... I don't think I would ike florida I don't care for fake people so basically so cal is out of the question... and probably florida... I do plan on studying in spani for a year... but maybe later in my college experience, I want to become fluent and figure going to a spanish speaking country would be the best way... I've been told I could pick it up in 3 months since I have background with the language... ummm I just really have no clue anymore since I though I knew where I wanteed to go but now I realize I want to go where I don't know ANYBODY at all..can't walk around a school where I KNOW someone goes.. probably bother me... ummm yeah

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Texas Tech - seriously. it's so much fun there. and it's a good school too.

if you've got the brains, try UT

but... I wanna be a psychitrist... isnt' texas tech a...technical school? computers and crap?

redrock is offline Member
    Speaking generally, small schools are better than big ones. Classes are smaller, parking isn't impossible, the list goes on. I go to a school with about 2300 UG's and when I talk to people that go to places like ASU or UCSD, they absolutely hate it. Check out the school itself, see if you like the atmosphere and look at housing.
    Dorms can be good or bad depending. RR

Central Florida where I live is not ethnic at all.Very similar to Georgia.Clearwater is all white good ol' boys,little on the redneck side,but good people.Don't want this post to sound racist so I'll shut up.

and I don't want to sound racist either I just figure it'd be better for me if I stick to white people... because I don't know how to deal with other races...and that's the truth it's not bad it's how and where I was raised

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    but... I wanna be a psychitrist... isnt' texas tech a...technical school? computers and crap?
    computers and crap? your to much

lol... I was just trying to prove I didn't believe at a technical school

oops! belong!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Yes, texas tech has a great engineering dept (and business), but it is all around a great school! I dont know anyone going there for computers/etc.... It is an all out great party school in a little bad ass college town. The greek system out here is also very strong (doesnt really matter so much for girls....).

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    you should come to the University of Georgia. Its an awesome school alot of people there 30,000. Its an awesome town.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    No its not a tecchnical school...haha...its a bad ass school, i love it...
    You should come here and be a Food&Nutrition major with a minor in exercise science like me...then you could be a personal trainer, or a dietition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information