hybrid is offline Member

Rush Limbaugh Admits Addiction to Painkillers

Democrats finally get to whip the whipping boy, I guess. Rush is going to have to move in with Newt.

Rush Limbaugh Admits Addiction to Painkillers

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh told his listeners on Friday he is addicted to painkillers and that he would immediately check himself into a drug treatment program.

The disclosure came during the nationally syndicated broadcast of his widely followed radio program.

"Immediately following this broadcast, I am checking myself into a treatment center for the next 30 days to once and for all break the hold this highly addictive medication has on me," he said.

The revelation comes just over a week after Limbaugh resigned as a football commentator on ESPN amid harsh criticism for comments he made suggesting Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated by the media because he is black.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I've always hated the bastard,wish him all the worst! DB

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Well don't sugar coat it DB, tell us what you really think about him. hahahahaha

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I listen to him everyday. Too bad he fell into that trap, but hey, were all human.

Some will say this ruins his credibility, but the matter of fact is that he brings facts to the table and gives an analysis, which is dead on more than it's not. He might be hated, but it's only because he's usually right.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    "You know I have always tried to be honest with you and open about my life," Limbaugh said during a stunning admission aired nationwide
    ---quote from his statement, from his website

It just shows (again) how big a hypocrite he is. He used to bad-mouth drug abusers, and here he was doing exactly what he was criticizing other folks (us, too, I guess) for doing. Reminds me of how Jimmy Swaggart used to rant and rave against people commiting "vile sins of the flesh" while he was paying prostitutes by the Baton Rouge airport.
    He ain't getting my sympathy. Whatever punishment he said drug abusers deserved (sent off to their own island in the middle of nowhere, I understand) is the punishment he should be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    "You know I have always tried to be honest with you and open about my life," Limbaugh said during a stunning admission aired nationwide
    ---quote from his statement, from his website

It just shows (again) how big a hypocrite he is. He used to bad-mouth drug abusers, and here he was doing exactly what he was criticizing other folks (us, too, I guess) for doing. Reminds me of how Jimmy Swaggart used to rant and rave against people commiting "vile sins of the flesh" while he was paying prostitutes by the Baton Rouge airport.
    He ain't getting my sympathy. Whatever punishment he said drug abusers deserved (sent off to their own island in the middle of nowhere, I understand) is the punishment he should be given.
    YES,The biggest hypocrite I've seen in a long time.Hope we never here of him again DB

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    bump same here

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I've always hated the bastard,wish him all the worst! DB
    LOL...is that becasue he told the truth or that you are a democrate...?....

Rush the best of luck to you my boy....get healthy quick and make a quick return to the radio....you always said what everyone conservative red blooded American wants to say!

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    I listen to him everyday. Too bad he fell into that trap, but hey, were all human.

Some will say this ruins his credibility, but the matter of fact is that he brings facts to the table and gives an analysis, which is dead on more than it's not. He might be hated, but it's only because he's usually right.
    Amen brother.....he'll be back....and I cannot wait for that day!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    LOL...is that becasue he told the truth or that you are a democrate...?....

Rush the best of luck to you my boy....get healthy quick and make a quick return to the radio....you always said what everyone conservative red blooded American wants to say!
    Democrate.............and he's a hypocrite...........but he called 'em like he saw them.............so he exercised his freedom of speech,and there's nothing wrong with that.I just don't like all the bashing he did,and now he will finally be silenced.AMEN DB

Thread Information