manijak is offline Associate Member

Another Great Idea

First his response to preventing the wild-forrest fires, was "Let's cut down the forrest"

Now the great idea for preserving animals in danger of extincion, is , let's kill some.......

just a few quotes:
    The Bush administration is proposing far-reaching changes to conservation policies that would allow hunters, circuses and the pet industry to kill, capture and import animals on the brink of extinction in other countries.

Allowing American hunters, circuses and the pet industry to pay countries to take fixed numbers of animals from the wild can help protect the remaining animals, he said.

And the this are some contributions from John R. Monson (president-elect of Safari Club International, a national hunting advocacy group)
    Safari Club International gave $274,000 to candidates during the 2000 election cycle, 86 percent of it to Republicans. It also spent $5,445 printing bumper stickers for the Bush presidential campaign. Monson has made a variety of contributions himself, including $1,000 to the Bush for President campaign.

For the whole article http://www.msnbc.com/news/978996.asp?cp1=1

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Go Bush! Down with democrats!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I love how people claim he's intelligent simply because he attended a highly-credited school. The man is as ignorant as people can be.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    I love how people claim he's intelligent simply because he attended a highly-credited school. The man is as ignorant as people can be.
    Here Here......... and that's a Texas boy talking.........I love It

manijak is offline Associate Member
    heheheh actually his SAT was the lowest one to be admittet in Yale, it wouldn't get him in USF...

realityarts is offline Member
    Don't let oposition get you all tangled up in knots. What are you doing for your cause, rather than against someone elses. Hey, this is just a thought for you to ponder, please don't tell me what you're doing. Thanks...peace...

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't like Bush by any means, but the forestry idea has some logic. Here lately forest fires have been doing some major damage to densly woodes areas, so cutting down a few trees and thinning out the woods does sound feasable. This could actually protect the remaining trees.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    I don't like Bush by any means, but the forestry idea has some logic. Here lately forest fires have been doing some major damage to densly woodes areas, so cutting down a few trees and thinning out the woods does sound feasable. This could actually protect the remaining trees.
    Bigmike, controlled logging actually makes sense... if we don't thin out the forest now and then, Mother Nature does it for us...

There is only one problem with controlled logging....

"Controlled Logging" is just a fancy word. In real life, many controlled logging sites are clear cut. I know this as there is some "controlled logging" on the crown properties near my country house, and trust me, once the dudes with the chainsaws and skidders leave, there is nothing but a muddy mess left. Oh, they "harvest" only the trees that the man from the government marked for them... and knock down anything in their way to get to them.

The result is the same as clear cutting.

I am all in favor of harvesting wood reasonably. Better than to let it burn! But well... greed always gets in the way of the "reasonable" part.

Red

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Talk bad about Bush all you want...it sure was nice getting that $600 check from the gov't last year though. Damn Democrats are trying to take it back, but Bush won't let them.

I love how people take these reports and use them to stand up against Bush and Republicans. All of sudden people think they know more than everyone else and want to bad mouth ideas because they are now "experts" on the subject. Keep believing everything you read my fine AR bros...it'll get you far in life.

peace,

ttgb

Thread Information