Terinox is offline The One & Only

Shoulder pain...

Howdy,

Seems like everyone is getting injured lately, Johan with his ass hurting, my lifting partner and his bad knee, and now, my terrible terrible left shoulder.

Okay, so I'm not sure exactly wut it is, but I'm thinking it may be the rotating cuff (is that wut it's called). Here's the problem, it doesn't hurt when i'm not lifting, it does hurt when I do military press, and go too heavy. It's in the left shoulder, and it's VERY sharp, and very painful! It will also hurt if I do something like dumbell fly's, lying down on a flat or inclined bench. But those seem to be the only times I REALLY feel it. Other excersies I still feel it a bit.

Wut is this? Is it the cuff? If so, how did I fuck it up? How can I heal it up fast? Anyway to speed up the process? Does this require a trip to the doctor?

Also, it will hurt if I'm lying on the floor, on my back, and I extend my arm straight outwards, on the floor (90 degree to my body), and try to lift it (even if it's just an inch) it'll start to kick in. SOMEONE HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Thnx,
    T.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Howdy,

Seems like everyone is getting injured lately, Johan with his ass hurting, my lifting partner and his bad knee, and now, my terrible terrible left shoulder.

Okay, so I'm not sure exactly wut it is, but I'm thinking it may be the rotating cuff (is that wut it's called). Here's the problem, it doesn't hurt when i'm not lifting, it does hurt when I do military press, and go too heavy. It's in the left shoulder, and it's VERY sharp, and very painful! It will also hurt if I do something like dumbell fly's, lying down on a flat or inclined bench. But those seem to be the only times I REALLY feel it. Other excersies I still feel it a bit.

Wut is this? Is it the cuff? If so, how did I fuck it up? How can I heal it up fast? Anyway to speed up the process? Does this require a trip to the doctor?

Also, it will hurt if I'm lying on the floor, on my back, and I extend my arm straight outwards, on the floor (90 degree to my body), and try to lift it (even if it's just an inch) it'll start to kick in. SOMEONE HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Thnx,
    T.
    Yes it's the cuff.Had it happen to me a year ago.Took2mos to get over it.I couldn't even press a 30lb with all the pain.go to doc,he can give you an anti flamatory,but you'll still need time off.I feel for you,it really sucks.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm in pain also, but no one cares

i lost a good pair of pants this weekend. i flicked a cigarette out of my car and it flew back in the window on a pair of my pants in the back seat. i was in tears when i got home and found them. so i have losses too you selfish bastards!!!!i buried the pants in the backyard and pee'd on the grave for goodluck

BDTR is offline Retired
    Smoking kills....................

Expensive pants.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like rotator cuff. I have had it in both shoulders. It took almost a year to heal on my right shoulder (kept lifting on it) and it's taken up to 4 months for my left one to heal (haven't really been lifting) Be careful, you do NOT want shoulder surgery

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i lost a good pair of pants this weekend. i flicked a cigarette out of my car and it flew back in the window on a pair of my pants in the back seat. i was in tears when i got home and found them. so i have losses too you selfish bastards!!!!i buried the pants in the backyard and pee'd on the grave for goodluck

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    go see a doctor. i have terrible shoudlers...bad cuffs and i get tendinitus in them.. not much you can do except take time off and do exercise that r shoulder friendly.. and i find gear dose help, ALOT..
    but go see the doc above everything else

Ter bro... one word.... DOCTOR!

Take it from a guy who is just bouncing back from left shoulder paralysis! (needed sports med, physio and neurologist!) Don't fuck with shoulders. When in doubt, Doctor.

go to a family doctor, get a referal to a sports medecine doctor and then have them check the shoulder out inside out.

Besides your taxes pay the doctors here, so might as well get your moneys worth

Red

Awww shit! I was hoping an aspirin and a good 8 hours of sleep would magically heal my shoulder. This REALLY sucks. I just started school in Sept. so me and my buddy are working out hard core. I just started a cycle, i'm in my 4th week of Sus @ 750mg a week. I can't stop it now, only 6 weeks left to go.

Should I STOP shoulders completely?!?! I mean, when I was doing military press at just 135lbs it felt fine, no pain. Also, bent over shoulder raises (to the side), and also raises (very light weight), felt okay, so can I continue doing this?!?!

I will make the appointment asap. I'm guessing he'll take a routine x-ray? How bad does it have to get for surgery to be required?!?

Man i'm scared.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I had the exact same thing happen... couldnt sleep on my side also because of the pain.. but it stoppped hurting in like 2 weeks and it hasnt bothered me since.. you arnt doing behind the neck military presses are you?

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc

Partyboy, I'm so heart broken here bro. When I heard about those pants, man, my eyes started to tear up! I so feel for you bro, I can't believe I've been so selfish latetly, not even taking into consideration, those lovely lovely pants bro. I felt so bad, I wrote you a poem.

"Pants" - by Terinox

Oh pants, pants, I wear you tight,
    I can't stand it when we fight.
    Oh pants, pants, I feel you so,
    I wear you everywhere I go.

I left you in that cold back seat,
    While I sat up front near the heat.
    I had a strong urge to light a fag,
    Because I forgot my marijuana bag.

I tried to throw my butt outside,
    But the stupid window was not down.
    When I got home, I sat and I cried,
    Now little bastard you're buried underground.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    I had the exact same thing happen... couldnt sleep on my side also because of the pain.. but it stoppped hurting in like 2 weeks and it hasnt bothered me since.. you arnt doing behind the neck military presses are you?
    Actually, I am doing behind the neck. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Ter bro... one word.... DOCTOR!

Take it from a guy who is just bouncing back from left shoulder paralysis! (needed sports med, physio and neurologist!) Don't fuck with shoulders. When in doubt, Doctor.

go to a family doctor, get a referal to a sports medecine doctor and then have them check the shoulder out inside out.

Besides your taxes pay the doctors here, so might as well get your moneys worth

Red
    Damn lucky canadians

Actually, I am doing behind the neck. Why?
    STOP!!!!

I bet you stop doing those and in two weeks your shit will be healed up.. IM totally against behind the neck presses. Thats what makes my shoulders hurt so I dont do them.. also for two weeks stop doing presses and do raises itll help your shoulder heal fasters.. and TAKE THAT GLUTAMINE...

STOP!!!!

I bet you stop doing those and in two weeks your shit will be healed up.. IM totally against behind the neck presses. Thats what makes my shoulders hurt so I dont do them.. also for two weeks stop doing presses and do raises itll help your shoulder heal fasters.. and TAKE THAT GLUTAMINE...
    Alright, i'll take this advice for now. I'll probably try and see the doctor by beginning of next week (Mon/Tues). I got some expired Glutamine, but i'll take my chances

realityarts is offline Member
    I have the same shoulder problem, but mine has been around for years now.

I'd recommend that you do a Google search on lifting alternatives for a bad shoulder. I don't remember the specifics right now, or I'd just post some. I have to be careful with my shoulder. DB flyes are not a good thing, certain upward pressing can be very painful too.

I had a cortisone shot one time, before I knew much about them. It did make it feel real good, but it takes a toll in the long run - weakened muscle, bone, joint. The shots can destroy the joint.

RA

Alright another question for ya.. are you doing a lot of decline presses or flys?.. cause I know that really blows out a shoulder 2

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    any kinda presses will fo hell on the shoulders

Alright another question for ya.. are you doing a lot of decline presses or flys?.. cause I know that really blows out a shoulder 2
    No actually zero decline. Just normal flat and incline for bench. And upright presses for shoulders (barbell and dumbell). Usually do about 4 exercises for shoulders. Start with behind neck press for 4 sets or so, then dumbell raises (where you bring them intowards your chest as you are rotating them, and then back up). And then do about 2,2,2 to finish it off (either side/front/back raises), and maybe something else (usually this is kinda like a burn out/light weight high rep thinggy).

No actually zero decline. Just normal flat and incline for bench. And upright presses for shoulders (barbell and dumbell). Usually do about 4 exercises for shoulders. Start with behind neck press for 4 sets or so, then dumbell raises (where you bring them intowards your chest as you are rotating them, and then back up). And then do about 2,2,2 to finish it off (either side/front/back raises), and maybe something else (usually this is kinda like a burn out/light weight high rep thinggy).
    Just go... front raises 4sets.. side rasies 4sets... bentover raises 4sets... for 2-3 weeks and drop the presses.. and on chest day try not to do to many flys and lighten up the weight and go for more reps... 25-30 grams of Glutamine a day also

STOP!!!!

I bet you stop doing those and in two weeks your shit will be healed up.. IM totally against behind the neck presses. Thats what makes my shoulders hurt so I dont do them..
    I concurr... my neurologist freaked out when I told her I did shoulder presses behind the neck.

She said from now on to do shoulder presses and military presses on a very mild incline (bench at 70 or 80 degrees instead of straight 90 degrees back). Seems to have helped a lot.

Red

Hear hear...

Because of a blown out trap, I've had to adapt some of my training, one of those adaptations is that I do all my flat and decline bar presses in the smith machine (I know I know, cheating). Not having to stabilize the bar and being able to concentrate on lifting really saves your rotator cuffs a lot of grief.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Hear hear...

Because of a blown out trap, I've had to adapt some of my training, one of those adaptations is that I do all my flat and decline bar presses in the smith machine (I know I know, cheating). Not having to stabilize the bar and being able to concentrate on lifting really saves your rotator cuffs a lot of grief.

Red
    WO if red's agreeing with me you better listen up!!

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    i have the *exact* same problem. turns out its tendonosis. ive had this for over two years now. trust me when i say let it heal. if you must continue for the duration of your cycle do whatever it takes to work around the injury and find yourself a sling for the rest of the time to keep the shoulder immobilized. alternate heat and ice as much as possible. good luck.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrine
    i have the *exact* same problem. turns out its tendonosis. ive had this for over two years now. trust me when i say let it heal. if you must continue for the duration of your cycle do whatever it takes to work around the injury and find yourself a sling for the rest of the time to keep the shoulder immobilized. alternate heat and ice as much as possible. good luck.
    Is that saddam in your avatar?

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punk_bbuilder
    Is that saddam in your avatar?
    hahaha you dont watch too much MMA do you? not its not saddam. his name is don frye. he's my favorite MMA fighter. mean motherfucker too

ross3814 is offline Member
    STOP!!!!

i second that, i am recovering form a similar injury myself. someone told me to just rest untill it felt 100% better. even if it takes a while, do it. and when you go back, warm up your joints and muscles for a solid 10-15 min before you work out every time, and pay real close attention to form. i would also try to avoid sleeping on my side. it helped me out.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrine
    hahaha you dont watch too much MMA do you? not its not saddam. his name is don frye. he's my favorite MMA fighter. mean motherfucker too

yeah hes one scary looking SOB!!! i wouldnt fuck with him...but i bet BDTR could kick his ass

Alright guys, thanks for the feedback, helps alot. I'll try and let it heal as best as possible. I'll do those exercises mentioned above, and drop behind the neck presses all together. It doesn't really hurt on flat bench, so I'll see wut happens there.

I'll keep ya'll posted, on what happens, hope it's not too serious

T.

Thread Information