Terinox is offline The One & Only

Video cable question, RCA and ordinary cable, and what not

Okay, it's very simple question, I haven't been to the store yet, but I'm pretty sure such a thing should exist.

My sister has an older tv, and so it doesn't have those RCA cable things (red, white and yellow). It only has the ordinary copper cable wire. Now, she may want a DVD player soon, but those only take the RCA cables. Is there a device, which is RCA cable on one end, but ordinary copper wire on the other? Like it converts it? And if so, what is it called?

Thnx
    T.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    How old is the TV?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    there is a thing that you can buy that costs 10 bucks. i forget the name, but i have one. you plug the coaxial cable into it, and it allows you to plug in the A / V (red, white, yellow) in the back so you can hook it up to other things.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    alrighty then

KeyMastur is offline VET
    found it :

RF modulator

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat08063
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Video cable question, RCA and ordinary cable, and what not-3904911_ba.jpg   Video cable question, RCA and ordinary cable, and what not-3904911_ra.jpg   Video cable question, RCA and ordinary cable, and what not-3904911_sa.jpg  

Ter 2 options...

as Key pointed out, you can get an RF modulator cheap, or you *MAY* run the DVD player thru the VCR's "RCA" in jacks.

The VCR trick doesn't work on all models though, some VCR's scramble the image if they detect Macrovision protection on the DVD player (some VCR's just prevent recording of Macrovision protected DVD's, others screw up the image completely).

Give the VCR trick a go, if it don't work, then check out Future Shop or the Rat-Shack for an RF Modulator

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...d=&newdeptid=2

Red

ps: Am I the only one who can't help thinking about Marvin the Martian and his "Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator" whenever someone mentions an RF Modulator?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Key & Red, thnx for the quick help guys I think that VCR trick is worth a shot, and if it doesn't work, I'll buy the modulator.

The tv isn't really THAT old, but it was kinda cheap, u know, the kind you buy at like Zellers or Wal-Mart cuz it's on sale. It was a tv I bought when I was like 16 or something, and when my sister moved out, since she didn't have a tv, or money to buy a new one, lol, I gave her mine.

Everytime I see that Martian, it cracks me up. I remember the good old days, saturday morning cartoons

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Key is right.,...I hove one of those for my TV....RCA adaptor is what I called it and the guy at "Good Guys" knew exactly what I was talking about. Works great i have my TV, Digital Cable box and DVD all plug in and running smoothly. However, mine cost about $35.

mfenske is offline Member
    So who wants to get around Macrovision? Find yourself a time base corrector and you should be just good to go. Mark

Got better than that

Apex 1500 dvd player (A serial number) with a firmware "upgrade"

The upgrade disables Macrovision, disables RCI, and disables the Zone 1 lock (so the player can play DVD's from all over the world), and adds PAL support to NTSC zones.

All that for a $79 wallmart special DVD player

Red

Thread Information