BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Just doing the 'proud father' bit here !!

Well my son Kevin placed second in the Irish kickboxing championships last Sunday (Oct.12th). He may be bumped to gold after the final result was contested by our club. He's 11yrs old and fought a 17 yr old in the final. The 17yr should have fought senior and actually did later that day. But FUCK IT GUYS, he's still a silver medal winner.

He's the smaller kid in the photo, the other guy is his regular sparing partner who placed third.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just doing the 'proud father' bit here !!-akai-open-12thoct.03.jpg  

palme is offline Rosie Member
    He fought a 17 year old? He should def be bumped to gold! Congrats to Kevin!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Congrats!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Nice......cant wait till my baby boy gets a lil older to have him Participate in sports.........You must be very proud!!!.................just be careful......when he gets older and you give him one of them speeches "You think your man enough to kick my ass"....He may just be able to do it............my pops always used to say that shit when he was drunk.......Guess its just an Irish thing...........

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Congarts Bouncer,you should be proud

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    congrats. Good to see you post, it's been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    He fought a 17 year old? He should def be bumped to gold! Congrats to Kevin!
    Yeah it was terrible. When I seen the guy go through the eliminators I couldn't believe it. I thought I'd seen him fight before. When we seen who he was fighting I advised him to just take a kick, get inside then work his body and sweeps to the feet. But at the end of round one he came in and said "Dad, I've never felt kicks like these. He's not fighting like a junior", my kid is pretty experienced. After the fight I was called by a couple in the audience who told me that he's 17 etc so we lodged a protest. A few hours later Kevin came running over and told me "Dad, that guys name has just been announced for a senior fight".
    Pity I was fighting heavy weight I'd have kicked his ass!, lol..

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Props bouncer! Your kid deserved the gold for taking on someone 6 years older.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Great job!! Congrats to the little guy!!!

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's a great feeling to be ever to share a special moment with your child....the little guy should be gold.....great job and congrads.

Tayman is offline Junior Member
    your kid should get gold without question. 17 and 11 is a BIG difference. Your son definetly did a good job to be able to stand up to him though.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Congradulations, Im really proud to see a father and son relationship like you two, that center around sports. Mine and my father were like that, it keeps the kids honorable, respectable, out of trouble and disciplined. Great job, tell him to keep up the good work.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Yeah it was terrible. When I seen the guy go through the eliminators I couldn't believe it. I thought I'd seen him fight before. When we seen who he was fighting I advised him to just take a kick, get inside then work his body and sweeps to the feet. But at the end of round one he came in and said "Dad, I've never felt kicks like these. He's not fighting like a junior", my kid is pretty experienced. After the fight I was called by a couple in the audience who told me that he's 17 etc so we lodged a protest. A few hours later Kevin came running over and told me "Dad, that guys name has just been announced for a senior fight".
    Pity I was fighting heavy weight I'd have kicked his ass!, lol..
    That is a 17 year-old with no honor, or he fights for an unscrupulous team or coach. However, in bad there is always good. Fights like these will make your kid a much better fighter having fought them.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    WOW! That's awesome!

Chicamochica hi mate. Yeah I haven't been around much lately, just working my ass off and training really hard. Plus my unit's got order's for Liberia (which I'm trying to get out of, lol). I'm holding out for Kosovo next year please god.
    But I'm still around here for awhile yet!.

As a final note, in fairness to the guy who fought he took it pretty easy on my kid in the last round. I went to his corner and thanked him for being a sport, he was a pretty good kid. I think it was his sensei who was responsible for what happened. He said he knew he was beating my son easy and let him into the fight in the final round to make him feel better about himself, good sport. Of course I said nothing to my son about this and he's getting great mileage out of the fact that he fought someone so old, lol. I'm not going to burst his bubble!.

B

palme is offline Rosie Member
    You want to go to Kosovo Bouncer? I didnt know you were an active military, is it peacekeeping forces? UN?

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    I'm holding out for Kosovo next year please god.
    But I'm still around here for awhile yet!.
    I have been to Kosovo a few times... first in 1999 as part of the "invasion" force, and then again in 2000 and 2001. What a difference each year makes. In 2001 it almost looked like a stable country... the military had a whole infrastructure there, Camp Bondsteel actually has buildings now, things like that. Schools are running, there is a bus service in the countryside areas, roads are repaired, and there is actually a Kosovo police force!

If you go, hopefully you will be in the Brit's MNB sector. They had the best time... and they have alcohol! Damn US still doesn't do that. The strangest thing was going to one of the "pubs" on the UK compound and some russians are there... after "fighting" the russians for so long we now have drinks with them and joke around about the whole thing. Very strange how times change!

Anyway, if you get to go you will have a fun time. The Kosovars enjoy the presence of peacekeepers, most of the weapons are cleaned out. It's good rewarding duty.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Congratulations, I bet you are very proud!

dutch windmill is offline Associate Member
    Hey Buddy!

Wow thats very nice to hear bro!! I still remember Kevin from a pic you send me from a while ago..He has grown quite a bitlol..Anyways congrats to him bro..it makes me feel proud too

D.W.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Dude that's awesome - I'm proud for you!

You have to let us know what happens, with the review and all -

it does sound like the other kid was a great sport, apparently his sensei was greedy and wanted an easy win for him...still, i'd love to hear your son was awarded the gold he deserved!

Thread Information