huh? is offline Associate Member

Talking question for bouncers.......

what does it take to be a bouncer besides big? like is there an age limit, size limit, height and such... i want to be one by the time im 20, or before. so train for a year, get as big and thick as i can.... then try to be one... im 5'10 238, ive lost weight ;\ i wanna get to 230-40 in muscle not fat... help me so i know how to seal a job if i go looking

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Damn insomnia...cant sleep!

Here's an idea. Go to a club you want to work at...wait until the bouncer is in over his head with some crazy mutha...KICK that guys ass big time....Ask the manager for a job bouncing!

L8

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I'm not a bouncer...so keep that in mind. As with anything in life, a lot depends upon who you know. Go hang out where you would like to work, let them get to know you, etc. I do know a few bouncers and they are some of the most easy going level headed people I know. So you might want to prove that to any future employers that you a mature, ethical person. The ass kicking is generally the easy part for the guys I know. It's being aware of your surroundings, being able to work under stressful situations, not getting too distracted by every short skirt that walks by, etc.

My .02.

Now bouncer, come in and correct me where I'm wrong!

peace,

ttgb

ross3814 is offline Member
    i think bdtr needs to take a look at this one... he was a bouncer

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    bounceing isn't all about how big you are, yes it does help for intimadation factors but you have to have a level head so you'll be able to deal with the drunks.
    The whole idea is to be able to stop the problem before it starts. I've had very few fights in my time as a bouncer, and I credit that to me being able to remain calm.
    You gotta remember too that just cuz your a bouncer the laws still apply to you, just as it would to the customer meaning: Your just as likely to get arrested if you beat the shit outta someone whether your on duty or off.
    I'd also like to mention that after several years of working as a head guy down in OC md, I'm officially retired from the scene. Just too much nonsense to deal with.
    Goodluck,

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I'd also like to mention that after several years of working as a head guy down in OC md, I'm officially retired from the scene.
    I've prolly run into you before...which bar/club were you at?

Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    I've prolly run into you before...which bar/club were you at?
    Scandals (shit hole), and Brass Balls on the boardwalk. I always wanted to work at Secrets but the pay wasn't anywhere near the same, they only pay they're guys $6.50 an hr, and that's not under the table..

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Size really doesn't matter, to a point. At the Club that I work at, I am the largest bouncer there. However there are 12 other bouncers some as small as 5'10" weighing in at 150lb, and most do their job very well. When ever one of the bouncers has a problem, they call out on the radio, identifying what part of the bar they are in, and then about 8 or 9 guys will be running to assist them. Most of the time when someone sees that many people in black security shirts running at them, they calm down really fast! I like the fact that I am large, it helps because most of the time people don't argue with me. I tell them what I want and they do it! Sometimes it doesn't work like that and then I call on the radio for some help, regardless of how big you are you still will need the other bouncers to help out. You never know when one of the asshole's buddies will jump in. So I always call for backup.

It is hard to not just walk around and check out the hot ladies, I have worked the stage, on nights when they let the ladies only on the stage College Night, and have had girls rub all over me trying to get a rise! It makes it very hard to watch what is going on!

Never the less I endeavor to persevere!

I think the best way to get a job as a bouncer, is to go to the club that you wish to work at, and become friends with the bouncers, get to know them all and hang out with them. Make sure that what ever happens you don't start trouble, they will never hire a trouble maker. Trouble makers aren’t good for business, be it a customer or an employee. When ever there is a problem, be there, and if asked, assist. After a while the bouncers will start to ask you why you don't work there as a bouncer. It worked for me; I start at a new club this Saturday night.

http://www.whiskeyrivermacon.com/
    On Saturday nights there are over 2000 people, what a blast!!!

http://www.clubsouthbeachmacon.com/
    Thursday night is College Night with over 2000 people, 18 to 25 year olds. Makes me feel young again!!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'll tell you straight up, most bouncers are pussies. Lots of fat dudes who think they're tough with no strength and dont know how to properly restrain someone. To get hired as a bouncer, it helps to "look the part", but they'll just as easilly hire some fat slob smoking two packs a day as they will a jacked guy with low body fat. Good luck, it's not a glorious job, i've been beaten by groups and stabbed doing it and the pay isn't all that great. It also requires a great deal of self control, my actions have gotten the bars/clubs i've worked at involved in court cases, that's why bouncing isn't for me. I lack the self control it takes.

that southbeach club looks like a good time.
    I might have to check that place out next time in in Atlanta :-)

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I'll tell you straight up, most bouncers are pussies.
    Hmmmm... I would agree but they are usually 'discovered' and fired rather quickly. At least where I work.
    Lots of fat dudes who think they're tough with no strength and dont know how to properly restrain someone.
    Agreed. People should take note of the word restrain. Bouncing is not about fighting if you are good. However it doesnt hurt to be a trained fighter.
    To get hired as a bouncer, it helps to "look the part", but they'll just as easilly hire some fat slob smoking two packs a day as they will a jacked guy with low body fat.
    Very true.
    Good luck, it's not a glorious job, i've been beaten by groups and stabbed doing it and the pay isn't all that great. It also requires a great deal of self control, my actions have gotten the bars/clubs i've worked at involved in court cases, that's why bouncing isn't for me. I lack the self control it takes.
    Its a mind game. If someone can 'bait' you into fighting with me by calling you names and shit you've lost already. Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. It is a lame job unless you are a floater or the front door guy. The jabroni's who stand in one spot all night are putz's, this will be you when you first start.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    that southbeach club looks like a good time.
    I might have to check that place out next time in in Atlanta :-)

Do it, It isn't in Atlanta it is about an hour south of Atlanta, in Macon. It is a blast, there are 4 colleges in Macon, one being an all girl college, and on Thursday nights College student's get in for free, the place is usually packed. 18 to enter 21 to drink. It doesn't get busy until about 11:00 and by 12:00 you can barely walk around! If any of you guys want to go, let me know and I will set you up!

Did you check out the pictures, on the web site? If not make sure you do!

Grant is offline Member
    Most of these guys are right, you would think that they are looking for WWF types dudes, but most of the guys I worked at the bar were WEAK! Go apply and see, you might be pleasantly surprised. Perks: women, alcohol
    Drawbacks: Risk of getting punched every night, pay

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    As usual in these threads about bouncer's I have to agree with chicmahomico. Look up the other threads on the subject, there are a few about. Honestly I don't know why you want to do it so badly. Most people just find themselves doing it by chance.
    No matter what size you are if you haven't got it between the ear's they won't last too long before being found out as an idiot.
    One thing that comes to mind is your very young age, what type of cutomer are you going to be dealing with?. I find that a mature crowd won't respect a 20 yr old bouncer and its a right pain working with them. PLus youngsters tend to have a wondering eye .
    Best thing I can suggest is going back through some posts here regarding bouncers and read what chicamahomico and myself have said. You'll find its good advice given free.
    Bouncer

huh? is offline Associate Member
    well, ive been made fun of most of my life and i just ignore everything and im not a fighter unless i have to do something. so self control isnt a big deal, and ive only had 2 girls in my life so i dont find them that big of a distraction, more of a waste of time. i just want a job in a cool scene where i can make friends and such, i dont care what the pay is... i can get a side job

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huh?
    well, ive been made fun of most of my life and i just ignore everything and im not a fighter unless i have to do something. so self control isnt a big deal, and ive only had 2 girls in my life so i dont find them that big of a distraction, more of a waste of time. i just want a job in a cool scene where i can make friends and such, i dont care what the pay is... i can get a side job
    I agree with that girls are more of a waste of time. It's cool with me just to have them as friends, but when they want to have a relationship its all just a bunch of crap. A total distraction, at least for me they were.

Thread Information