tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member

Screwed up world sometimes...

I am a dog person, but have never owned a chow or a pit bull...I know lots of people sware by them being good pets. Stories like this though make me sick.

http://www.local6.com/news/2556176/detail.html

KeyMastur is offline VET
    you know, i saw that on the news last night. it said "coming up next, find out how this boy lost 4 fingers while sleeping" i didn't bother to watch the rest of the story, but damn.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah I heard this on Stern this morning........ The kid has a good attitude though considering everthing that has happened to him the past year. He said that he will still be able to play his video games with one hand.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I read about it in the paper this morning..............you had to guess it would be here in Florida. Has to be a hell of a thing to wake up with less fingers than you went to bed with. I'm guessing.............just guessing here.......but there had to be something on his hands for a dog to do soemthing like this.........maybe some peanut butter or something..........I haven't heard of any dog just walking up and start eating on someone. Strange for sure.

Mud, I'm with you bro...........he acts like he scraped his knee......not like he lost his fingers!

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Jug,6yrs ago I was at a friends house who owned a pit.Was sitting on the sofa and the dog came up and bit down on my thumb for no reason.The dog new me well also.Took a baseball bat to get him to let go,and 33 stitches later.he put the dog down after that,real shame but they say once they taste blood they'll attack again for no reason.

DB, being a big boy such as you are I'm sure he just thought your thumb looked like a milk bone. hahaha J/J of course but you are right about the taste for blood thing. And once they lock hold of something you have to pry their jaws open. Damn bro that had to suck. I had a female pit and she was sweet as a lamb. I just put her down last month and it almost tore my daughter and my heart out doing it. I believe it is how the dog is raised as to how it reacts to it's surroundings. Maybe these people raised theirs wrong.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I once knew a little weener dog who came up to me while I was sleeping on the carpet and started nibbling on my ankle bone. Damn killer dog almost left a scratch mark. Scariest day of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    DB, being a big boy such as you are I'm sure he just thought your thumb looked like a milk bone. hahaha J/J of course but you are right about the taste for blood thing. And once they lock hold of something you have to pry their jaws open. Damn bro that had to suck. I had a female pit and she was sweet as a lamb. I just put her down last month and it almost tore my daughter and my heart out doing it. I believe it is how the dog is raised as to how it reacts to it's surroundings. Maybe these people raised theirs wrong.
    Yeah it sucked,but I agree with you on how pets are raised and thier surroundings,sorry to her about your dog though,must have broken your daughters heart

mass junkie is offline banned
    A very sad story...........I would hate to have to put down one of my dogs....sort of like part of the family

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    A very sad story...........I would hate to have to put down one of my dogs....sort of like part of the family
    I hear ya bro.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Been through 2 dogs in my life. 1 Pit (Given as a gift from the K-9 Officer in our city cuz my father used to be a cop), 1 Sheppard/Rotti mix. Now I got a rotti and he's getting somewhere in that age where he has sore hind legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Been through 2 dogs in my life. 1 Pit (Given as a gift from the K-9 Officer in our city cuz my father used to be a cop), 1 Sheppard/Rotti mix. Now I got a rotti and he's getting somewhere in that age where he has sore hind legs.
    How old is he....

my bird dog is my best friend...always glad to see me no matter what i called him the day before. they definitely become part of the family. my hunting buddy just lost his dog 3 weeks ago. she got bit by a rattle snake while we were out dove hunting...he's still pretty tore up about it.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Bro..... I have a 7 year old Rottie and her hips are really bad. There were times when she would try to get up off the floor she would cry. It killed me to hear her......... I bought this joint supplement for dogs from the pet store.......... and now she's a different dog..... she runs all over the place, jumping.................. you should give it a try. It is glucosamine and chondroitin in a chewable tablet.

http://www.naturvet.com/glucosamine_ds

How old is he....
    8 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Bro..... I have a 7 year old Rottie and her hips are really bad. There were times when she would try to get up off the floor she would cry. It killed me to hear her......... I bought this joint supplement for dogs from the pet store.......... and now she's a different dog..... she runs all over the place, jumping.................. you should give it a try. It is glucosamine and chondroitin in a chewable tablet.

http://www.naturvet.com/glucosamine_ds
    I might have to try that, thanks!

8 years old.
    I'm sorry to hear that bro i just recently started to breed them........I think they are an awesome breed........Very Powerful and loyal companions...........and a little stubborn......Awesome intimidation factor when anyone sees me walking 3 of them at the same time........

I'm sorry to hear that bro i just recently started to breed them........I think they are an awesome breed........Very Powerful and loyal companions...........and a little stubborn......Awesome intimidation factor when anyone sees me walking 3 of them at the same time........
    I love rotti's. Mine is small for his age. He's shorter/smaller than your average rot but he's vicious as hell sometimes. Not to mention he's just like a giant f'n puppy. Always playing around and loyal as hell.

From now on I'm only gonna get rotti's. Such a good breed.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    The part were he was paralyzed from a hit-and-run didnt bother you more?

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    That kinda sucked. Never found the guy either.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    That's some crazy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    No Palme...that bothered me too...unfortunately I hear about stuff like that somewhat often in the news so you kind of get caliced to that news.

I just couldn't f'ing believe the family pet chewed his damn fingers off. I don't ever recall ever hearing that in the news. So yes, the fact his dog chewed off his fingers does bother me more....???

Amazing kid though....not bummed or anything....can't say that I would be in the same spirits.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Amazing kid...

i had a 90lb chow/husky mix for about a year - i loved that dog - had to give him to a friend when i moved across country...he was (and is, as i understand) the sweetest, gentlest large dog I've ever seen...

you can't group all big dogs together...that being said, i still don't trust most of them...i've been attacked by a rotti and a doberman on separate occasions...scary thought, but not all are bad

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My EX has a friend that runs the local pound, when ever they get Pit Bulls in that have been involved, or picked up at dog fights, they have to put them all down. The males Females, pregnant or not, and puppies are put down. Then take pictures of the animals when they are dead and send the pictures to the courts to prove that the animals were put down. Or when they arrest someone and they go to jail for a major offence, and they have animals, they take the animals to the pound and if they aren’t adopted in 5 days they are put down. Sucks Big Time

I can understand them having to put a dog down for an attack but for here in FL if you bring in ANY pitts they will NOT put them up for adoption...........the rule here is they put them down...........THAT SUCKS A$$!!!!!!!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    One thing that I heard that I found surprising is that in Atlanta, unless the dog is aggressive, they have a no kill policy. I have no idea how they make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I can understand them having to put a dog down for an attack but for here in FL if you bring in ANY pitts they will NOT put them up for adoption...........the rule here is they put them down...........THAT SUCKS A$$!!!!!!!
    its against the law to have a pitbull in my county period...........Sucks.....I think they are beautiful dogs..........too bad of a reputation I suppose

its against the law to have a pitbull in my county period...........Sucks.....I think they are beautiful dogs..........too bad of a reputation I suppose
    they are beautiful dogs...I really never have figured out if the deserve the reputation or not. I guess in my book, if you have kids around, it probably wouldn't be smart to have a pit. But then again, I have been around some really great pits! I don't know what the right answer is...but would hate to find out the hard way that they do deserve their reputation.

Thread Information