punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member

New Steroid Testing

Check this little tid bit out.... http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...tes_steroids_4

Anyone know much about THG?

cb25 is offline Banned
    I just posted a related article from ESPN in the steroid section...no one seems to know anything, or at least to respond to it...

On the espn site, it says thg is related to gestrinome (?) and trenbolone ...

i'd be interested to hear if anyone's heard anything about it

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    yeah ive never heard of it before....Prolly the chemical name and not the common name....Thats my geuss.

GTT
    GTT is offline New Member
    Hey,

My personal opinion is that this is only the tip of the iceberg. I beleive that its going to be kept reasonabaly quiet, once its apparent just how many Athletes, football players are on this stuff.
    a Conspiracy of sorts...
    lets c what happens..

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I had someone ask me about THG the other day and I had no idea what it was...

The fact is that one reason that drug testing doesn't work is that the athletes are always coming up with new designer drugs that have metabolites that are not detected... yet. EPO has been out there for awhile as a way to increase endurance with no accurate way to test for it... but word is that a system is being finalized. The OIC currently has a big budget going on right now to find a way to detect GH use in urine samples.

The biggest obstacle in AAS and other blood doping methods is that blood tests are not really an option for international competition. Due to the "offensiveness" of the testing. Requiring an athlete to piss in a cup is viewed as an inappropriate method by the athletes and most athletic federations - rather then having them give up 20mL or so of their blood. If blood tests were allowed you could simply tests for esters to know if someone is using AAS or not. And that really is the only accurate way to to test for an endogenous hormone like testosterone (currently they use a testosterone to epitestosterone ratio to produce postives results, a 6:1 "negotiable" limit - that can easily be masked by taking supplemental epitestosterone or else simply faught in court for other natural reasons that could give someone a high ratio... you can get an "illegal" T/E ratio by consuming alcohol).

IMO - you won't see blood tests in American pro sports due to budget restraints for testing but more importantly - urine samples show the public that they are at least attempting to limit illicit drug use... but in actuallity, they don't really care. As far as I have read - professional Basketball and Baseball players only get tested for recreational drugs. The NFL does test for AAS.

In this case it looks like the testers are starting to get ahead of the athletes a bit - but watch and see how many get off...

Thread Information