NissanRider240 is offline Junior Member

I hate needles. But I had to try it.

Ever since I went to the hospital when I was like 12 I have really hated the thought of a needle piercing my skin and going into me. I guess it was traumatising(spelling???) cause I was having a really bad asthma attack at the time and they were injecting me with all this crap to make me better. Yea it sucked. I remember having nightmares for a while about it. Even like a year later when I had to go get my vaccination shots for school I ran out of the building because I was too scared. Hell, I had to get a shot for somthing 3 months ago and I still had to turn away when the nurse was doing it and I am 20 years old now.

Anyways, I just got my order of 50 B-D syringes (23g 1 inch) in today and for some reason I was very curious as how I would handle injecting myself. I have seen my friends do their injections and they made a big deal out of it even though they have done many cycles. They sit there for like 5 minutes pumping themselves up to do it. They were even willing to bet me money that I wouldnt be able to handle doing my first injection.

Well its like 1am and everyone is asleep so Im like wht the hell. I get a needle out of my stash and an alcohol pad and wipe down my leg. I kept looking at the sharp point on it and thinking maybe I wont be able to do this. I sat there for like 30 seconds then I decided to put on a little music, maybe that would pump me up and motivate me to do it. I guess I picked the right song (Lil Jon and Eastside Boys- I dont give a F*%@) cause I just stuck it right in, it went in so easily I was amazed. I sat there for a second then pulled it out. I couldnt believe I had actually done it. I GOT OVER MY FEAR OF NEEDLES.

I know this story sounds pretty stupid, but maybe there are some guys out there who are worried about sticking themselves like I was. Its not bad at all. As far as putting a substance such as AS into your body, im not sure about that yet, but it cant be that much harder. I will find out in a couple months though.

Sorry for the long post guys but I had to get this off my chest. Maybe it will help others with post injection axiety like it has me. Peace

talon is offline Senior Member
    LOL, I feel you man. Check out my cycle diary, I couldnt sleep the night before my first and it ended up being nothing...

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Glad you feel better bro but you NUTZ!!!!!!j/k be cool.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    You should have seen my first shot, man I'll never forget it. Wait untill your preparing for competition and your shooting everday and running out of sites to hit.
    The music is a good idea, I used to do that too when I started.

Welcome to the dark side bro.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Even better, wait till you're running a monster cycle and shooting 4 times a day. It kind of takes the fun out of living. Cherish the days of 2 shots a week.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, don't tell your bro's that you already tried it. Let them be around the first time you do it and show them your not a wussy like them. Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Even better, wait till you're running a monster cycle and shooting 4 times a day. It kind of takes the fun out of living. Cherish the days of 2 shots a week.
    Actually I hope I never get to the point where I am doing monster cycles. Id just like to get bigger and stay there. I have good willpower but im not sure how I will handle coming off and loosing gains.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    My first AS shot my friends and I had to put in Ozzy and blast it loud to pump ourselves up to do it. Now I'll grap a needle and inject while watching Lifetime.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I feel ya, NissanRider. I've always hated needles too. The only way I took them is when I'm injected by a professional. I was first using test back in 96' and it was injected by a nurse. She was so good, I never felt the needle entering my glutes or even breaking the skin.

But a month ago, I ordered some deca redi-jects and figured that I had to grow some balls if I wanted to use it. So I went to a few sites and boards and did some research on the right way to inject. And bro, I still have that fear whereas I can never look at the needle go into my skin but I'm at the point where I don't feel the needle anymore when I'm injecting myself.

I heard some of the redijets come with like a 18 guage needle on them. Id be willing to bet I couldnt handle one of those right now. 23g is about painless though.

God, I hated needles so much that when the Dr. was about to give me a shot, I use to run for the hills. Now, I look forward to blood tests. I now try and find an excuse to inject myself, and to tell you the truth, the GH sub-q injections aint cutting it.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I had to shoot aquatest with an 18 guage pin 3x a day. It feels like getting stabbed, especially for spot injections.

18" gauge? Fuck the way I feel right now, I would love the pain. Hell, I have some tren left over I never used. That might give me a good reason..........

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanRider240
    I heard some of the redijets come with like a 18 guage needle on them. Id be willing to bet I couldnt handle one of those right now. 23g is about painless though.
    The ones that I got had none. Fortunately, I had some left over and un-used from the doctor.

BUYLONGTERM: I know what you mean about needles and doctors, bro. Last week, I had an MRI done on my knees and they had to inject the left knee with fluid in order to see everything (due to past surgery). Those needles felt like swords entering my knee. I, literally, grabbed the stretcher that I was on in order to remain composed.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Get this guys... before i go to the doctors office if they're going to take my blood pressure i have to have the shot first cus my bp goes sky high! I hate needles lol. My doctor who knows all about my steroid use looks at me and says "you're kidding me right?"

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    You're such a joker. Actually, I was never scared of needes. I am completely oposite of you. I have had my blood taken 20 times in a weekend for medical drug testing so the needle never bothered me. Also, I have given plasma for money (only cause I was a broke joke) and that was a damn 17 gauge in my vein. I actually think the days I don't stick that I am missing something. Try taking winny or something you have to inject every day or every other day for your first cycle and you won't be so scared or worried about taking that shot. They are really not as bad as everyone thinks.

Thread Information