partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone Live Near North Hollywood, Ca?

THATS' WHERE I'M MOVING TO IN THE SPRING AND WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ANY OF YOU GUYS OR GIRLS ARE IN THE AREA?

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

North Hollywood

Hey PB,

Your moving to N. Hollywood in the spring? Thats wild man. I thought you were a Nyc man. I bet its related to showbiz right? I lived 10-15 minutes from N. Hollywood for 10 years. I was right off Melrose near the corner of Melrose and Fairfax. I'm gonna be moving back to L.A. around July or August. I'm stuck in Arkansas right now, talk about boring, but I came here temporarily for family reasons. I now that area pretty well. About where in N. hollywood are you gonna be? When you come out I'll show you the Viper Room and introduce you to some L.A. models/Ho's, and Mr. Depp. Cool man. I have a feeling though like we talked about earlier, you might be dissapointed in the club scene compared to Nyc. Anyway, cool man. By the way, welcome back and I hope all is well with your family. Keep me posted.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

definitely

i'm going out for work so i won't be playing as much as i have been used to but i'll go out probably 2 or 3 times a week.i'm moving to lankershim and magnolia.i have an apartment set up there now.yeah, i'll definaitely keep in contact w/ you.thanks for the kind words about my family too.much appreciated brother

Keep me posted

PB, I know exactly where lankershiem and Magnolia are. Sounds like your going to be working in Burbank. Nice area. Definately keep me posted and let me know if you have any questions about anything in L.A. If nothing else, I do know a lot about a lot in L.A. And Bro, your very welcome about the family. No matter how crazy life gets, or what happens, as long as you've got your family your going to be ok. Peace Brother, be safe, and have a great New year.

Venice is offline Junior Member
    I know the area. You're going to be a bit removed from the club scene in North Hollywood. It's a bit of a misnomer as it's not really part of Hollywood but a good drive away. As Frank says, it's closer to Burbank which is pretty blah. Still...Sunset is just a car drive away and you can't beat LA women--at least til they open their mouths.

Well said Venice.

Work

Hey Juice. What's up bro? I don't know if you were addressing this to me, Venice, or PB, but I can tell you what I did in L.A. I was a writer and an actor and a Bodygaurd. I went there to write(got one small play "(When Beethoven Met Mozart), published, acted in bit parts in Apollo 13( Got to hang out with Ron Howard and Tom Hanks all day, Crimson Tide(Got to chat with Denzel), My family(got to hug Jennifer Lopez), and get this, I was the original waiter for the first four shows of Friends. Here goes a story, I had an audition for Friends for the part Matt LaBlanc got. They asked my would I be interested in playing a permanent featured extra as a waiter at the Coffee shop/cafe (Central Perk) they always hang out at. The catch was they said if you do this now you might get some lines or even become a main character later. Well, at this time friends hadn't even been on the air. It was just a pilot filming 8-12 episodes to see if it would get picked up. If you know about the biz 90% of all pilots never get picked up. Anyway, I was one of the two waiters for the first four shows. After the fourth show I asked the AD if it looked like I might get some lines. She said stick it out but she couldn't tell now. Well my acting teacher at the time was from Yale and she said I shouldn't do it because I would get typecasted as an extra. So I quit. Of course Friends becomes a huge hit and I've seen the other guy who was a waiter with me have dialogue in several episodes. I'n one he even has a flling with Lisa Kudrow. One of those what could have been Hollywood stories. I also worked as a bodygaurd on the side. One time I worked for six months with Mel Gibsons family. I used to go surfing with the guy who assisted the family and Mel sometimes. I hate to admit this now but I also worked as a bodyguard for the Saudi Royal family. I wouldn't do that again, because of what happened in Nyc. The story continues, I met Brandon Lee while studying Jeet Kun doo at Danny Inasanto's studio in downtown L.A. Me, several other budies and Brandon would go hang out after class sometimes. Do you know he used to drive a hearst! He had a fascination with death man. We were all crushed when he was killed filming "The Crow". The last time I spoke to him he was excited about going to North Carolina and doing the movie. We never saw him again till his funeral in Seattle. He's buried there next to his dad. Me and five other guys all got tattoos of The Crow on our backs in honor of him. It was through Danny Inasanto and Kent Moyer(a sex degree black belt and chief U.S.A instructor of japenese Okinawan karate), that I got into doing bodygaurd stuff. Anyway I'm in Arkansas now but I'll be back in L.A. soon. I'm going nuts out here, it's so boring. Geez, sorry man, I gave you my whole L.A. story in one post. Sorry this was so long. I left out a lot of other clubbing and women stories. Maybe I can get to those another time. In summary, never a dull moment, and I'll be back.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Party: I haven't lived there but, I've been there.
    I don't really know you but from your looks and you "Tude" (not a bad thing) I think you'll fit right in.
    The babes are smoke'n....and the booze and the "other shit" is flying.
    It is different then NY though.
    Nothing is like NY...........

M

Thread Information