Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    For the record, all my guns are for human killing purposes, i'm not a hunter, it doesn't interest me. You never know when a gang of rebels is going to raid my house, therefore an AK 470 with a 120 round nutsack drum is needed, along with several other assualt rifles/sniper rifles and handguns. So yes, i have these guns so i can kill anyone who fucks with my house much easier.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If I wanted to kill someone - it would matter if I had rights to own a gun or not... there are other more creative tools available. Shit - there are plenty of way just useing your bare hands...

I posted this in my thread when I bought my Beretta 96FS 40 cal... its a good read from a radio interview with a Marine General...

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?
    [The radio went silent and the interview ended.]

Semper Fi!

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    For the record, all my guns are for human killing purposes, i'm not a hunter, it doesn't interest me. You never know when a gang of rebels is going to raid my house, therefore an AK 470 with a 120 round nutsack drum is needed, along with several other assualt rifles/sniper rifles and handguns. So yes, i have these guns so i can kill anyone who fucks with my house much easier.

I have no problem with people who have opinions that differ from mine. Thats cool. We just have different thoughts on this issue.

Warrior, that's a great exchange!

Swellin Guest
    Take a peak at my avatar...where do ya think I stand?

I am on the committee that is conducting a Friends of the NRA banquet tomorrow night. All of the money raised stays local. I also coach our local 4-H shotgun team.

As for that "documentary," it is WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY off! Michael Moore was an anarchist in his early going. In fact, the leader of the anarchist group to which he belonged, kicked him out because he would stop at nothing to go against an idea. He had no problem with slander or lies. (I watched an interview with this guy, back when Bowling came out.) His use of cinematography to redirect focus was obscene. I could go on for some time about this "character," but I guess that would be taking the thread in a new direction.

I saw mention of fully automatic weapons in a previous post, and that is a common misconception among folks who are not experienced with firearms. You cannot just go in and buy a fully automatic weapon. Most folks don't even realize that ownership is legal. It is quite a hassle, and I understand the need for such a difficult process. I currently own 1 NFA item, and that took the BATFE 6 months to clear. I submitted two sets of fingerprints, two passport photos, and had my Sheriff sign off stating that I would be okay with an NFA item. I also had to pay the treasury fee of $200.

As for FA, Bdtr mentioned a semi-auto MP5. You might be able to buy a semi-auto MP5 for $1200-$1500. The FA version will cost you upwards of $12,000. No, you won't find a bunch of Rambo’s running around down here in the States.
    Last edited by Swellin; 10-22-2003 at 09:01 PM.

Swellin Guest
    I guess I should add that I am not a militia member, nor am I a psychotic about forcing my views upon others.

Some of my firearms are used for hunting, some for sporting, others for competing, and the rest for collecting.
    Last edited by Swellin; 10-22-2003 at 02:55 PM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yup, NFA/class 3 weapons are a pain in the ass to get the two i own took me each 6-8 months just to transfer to me. AOW is as well with a tax stamp transfer. My old 14 inch mossberg pump took FOREVER and my Gemtech SOS-45 surpressor took even longer for my HK .45. I sure do love my uzi though
    Last edited by bdtr; 10-22-2003 at 03:01 PM.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I own a firearm for the following reasons:
    1) to hunt (its a 12 gauge)
    2) to kill criminal intruders. nothing like a 12 gauge with O buck. or custom wax covered potassiium loads
    3) to kill government intruders. if the day comes that the president becomes osama and we need to protect ourselves from our own government. im there

as far as criminals owning guns, I think it should ownly be violent felons not being able to. and I have to disagree about something being on a liscence plate. i don't want any carjacker knowing whether I have a gun or not. when my dad gets stopped (he has a concealed permit) he just politely tells the man that he has a gun int the car and he has a permit. why not violent felons? who here wants to get pinched for juice and not be able to own a weapon? there are many ticky tack felonies that have nothing to do with violence.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixter
    That's just my point. The more average citizens with guns means more stolen guns and more guns in the hands of criminals. The sollution in NOT to then put MORE guns in the hands of citiziens. That is exactly why the US boasts it's chilling stats.

Look I know that I'm not going to change the minds of a bunch of gun-toating Americans because they grew up with guns believing that it's their right to own them. But ANY arguments for owning guns on a personal level is like a drop of water in the sea to all the people who are killed by guns each year in the US. There's idiots and criminals among us. Teaching gun safety or making all kinds of laws is totally useless. The VERY simple fact is that more guns equals more gun deaths.

Nixter.
    THats bull shit, more guns = more deaths, thats like saying more drivers = more deaths... MOre drunk drivers, or even sober drivers.... How often is there a death by gun, im sure that there are more accedents cause by cars and transportation, so fuck it if we can posses a gun we might as well not be able to drive, screw it every one has to stay at home because if u travel u might die. U might die falling down ur steps, Its all in the eye of the beholder, if ur a moron bottom line is ur at fault for what u do. U dont need a gun to kill some one, I could kill person im sure with my bare hands, shit doesnt mean im goin out doin it. Its not gun control, more gun safty..

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I have a nice collection of guns,for two reasons1.I lived in big cities that had High crime.ie Miami,Brookln.2 I enjoyed hunting.But now living in this very quite part of Florida,feel no use for them anymore,but I'm all for law abiding citizens to pack as they please

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Any Americans who believe that it's not a good idea? Just curious to see if there even are any.

Swellin Guest
    Terinox, there are Americans that are in favor of gun control, or this topic would not be so heated. Granted the folks in favor (in this thread) seem to be Canadians, but the folks opposed to gun control (in this thread) sure have fervor for our arguments. That stems from our daily attacks from the "anti's."

By and large, the bulk of the "anti's" I have dealt with modified their opinion after being exposed to the real situation <<read...not tv/cnn portrayal>>. Unfortunately, too many of us believe what we see on tv. Instead of finding out for ourselves, we believe Tom Brokaw or even Michael Moore. Isn’t that also the case with steroids?
    Last edited by Swellin; 10-22-2003 at 08:52 PM.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I still don't see how anyone can argue with my previous thought...

Again, I'm confused by some people's mentallity. Me owning a gun does not hurt you in any way. Why would you want to take it away from me. What I do or own is none of your business.

How's this...Since you do not like or own a gun, you are less of man! There should be a law "changed" in the constituion that says "you have to own a gun." It is the exact same logic you are demonstrating, just turned around. Doens't make any fucking sense does it?

I have never been a victim of a brutal crime nor my house robbed during the middle of night. Things is, god forbid, if it ever does happen, my wife and family will be fine the next day. Will yours? I choose not to wait until I need a gun to go get one. USA is great place. Why do people always keep wanting to fuck it up?

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    [color=black]Terinox, there are Americans that are in favor of gun control, or this topic would not be so heated.
    Yeah, there's plenty of people pro gun control in the USA. Majority of them are tree hugging freaks that need to spend more time fixing their own lives as opposed to telling everyone else how to their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Testify
    However, I do not see any reason to have legal public access to automatic, semi-auto weapons, or handguns. The only thing they are good for is killing people. Buy a rifle, or better a shotgun if you want to protect your home. You'd have to be a pretty bad shot to miss with a shotgun. My father in law agrees with this sentiment, and he is a card carrying NRA member.
    So because YOU like shotguns and rifles, that's all that should be legal. What if I don't like shotguns...then they should be illegal and the rest okay?

I guess that is what I am getting at. There are lots of things in the world I don't like or don't agree with, but I don't try to take those things away from people just because I don't agree with them. On the otherhand, there are so many people out there that want to outlaw things that they don't like...just because they don't like it...nevermind that someone else has a different opinion. That's not the American way.

You said the only thing handguns are good for is killing people...well no shit. But I should be able to possess that in case I want to. The only thing steriods are good for is building lean body mass...I don't think you should use them so they should be even more outlawed. Don't like it that way do you.

peace,

ttgb

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    I can agree that there are extremists...but if you start to "limit" them, which they are a minority of gun owners, then it ALWAYS starts limiting the majority that are not extremists. Make sense. A lot of it gets into a grey area.

BTW...there are NUMEROUS restrictions in place in the USA for gun possession already. The only people not following the laws are the criminals, so in turn, what good did the gun restrictions do in the long run?

You're right, restrictions don't do shit. If a criminal wants a gun then it's just a few dead presidents away. The only answer is less guns. You can defend all the regular people out there that will never do anything wrong with a gun till the cows come home but they aren't the problem. It's the criminals that screw it up for everybody else. SOMETHING needs to be done. It's your country but I'd be pissed as hell if things were the same way in Canada. Don't get me wrong, shit happens up here too. There was just a shooting at a club a couple months ago that left 2 innocent people dead. It happens WAAAAAY less though. Why is that? Why are so many less people (per capita) killed in Canada each year by guns than in the US? We have our fair share of idiots, criminals and drunken rage-omaniacs. Given the chance, our idiots would probably shoot people too... if they had guns. people here don't carry around guns in their pants and cars like they do in the US. In the heat of a moment a gun is much harded to come by.

Ok, instead of us beating this over the head, let me put this to you.... Why so many more gun deaths (per capita) in the US than Canada and what would you do to fix it? I use Canada because it's the closest cultural neighbour.

Nixter.

Ok how did steroids get dragged into this? I've never heard of somebody using steroids as a lethal weapon against somebody else!

I can just see it...

"Ok, hand over all your money! I've got a needle full of Eq here and know how to use it! I ain't gonna aspirate either mother fucker!!"

We're not going to agree on whether or not you should own guns, fine. Can we agree that there is a huge gun death problem in the US? Let's focus the debate on what should be done about it.

Nixter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    THats bull shit, more guns = more deaths, thats like saying more drivers = more deaths... MOre drunk drivers, or even sober drivers.... How often is there a death by gun, im sure that there are more accedents cause by cars and transportation, so fuck it if we can posses a gun we might as well not be able to drive, screw it every one has to stay at home because if u travel u might die. U might die falling down ur steps, Its all in the eye of the beholder, if ur a moron bottom line is ur at fault for what u do. U dont need a gun to kill some one, I could kill person im sure with my bare hands, shit doesnt mean im goin out doin it. Its not gun control, more gun safty..
    Gun safety is retarded. Gun safety is for people who are not the problem. Hell, they should teach gun saftey in prison so that criminals will learn how to hold up convenient stores much more "safely"

Steps aren't for killing. Cars aren't for killing. Planes aren't for killing. Yet people die these ways every year. These are called "accidents" Guns are for killing.

You are right, you don't NEED a gun to kill somebody. Although a lot less people would die if it wasn't as easy as contracting the muscles in the index finger.

Nixter.

Ok how did steroids get dragged into this? I've never heard of somebody using steroids as a lethal weapon against somebody else!

I can just see it...

"Ok, hand over all your money! I've got a needle full of Eq here and know how to use it! I ain't gonna aspirate either mother fucker!!"
    All I was refering to there was that people have opinions on many other different subjects...AS being one of them. AS is a good example, as a matter of fact! You have too many fucking idiots that don't know shit about the subject (just like guns), but because they don't agree with it they say that no one should be able to use them. Same principle here with guns. Just because you don't agree with it, why in the hell would you won't to take that away from anyone else. If you don't like guns...DON'T FUCKING GO BUY ANY! It should be the same with Roids...if you don't like them...don't fucking use them. God is that simple or what?

Regarding gun deaths each year...are you trying to save the world or something. I don't give a shit about how many crackheads, gangbangers, suicides, robbers, street criminals, etc die each year in the USA from gun deaths. If it wasn't guns it would be by some other means. Again...if it doesn't directly affect you, why give a shit? It's really that simple to me...if it doesn't concern me, then it's none of my fucking business. I expect that same respect in return. Maybe I am too simple...treat others the way you want to be treated. Do they teach that in other countries too?

You used Canada as an example too...hell it's covered in 10 foot of snow 6 months out of the year, of course there is going to be more deaths in the USA. Shit, there's a lot more EVERYTHING in the USA. That's why we have the immigration problem we have! I don't hear about millions of people migrating to Canada each year.

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 10-22-2003 at 07:07 PM.

mass junkie is offline banned
    My Name is Mass Junkie and I am the N.R.A.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've never seen a gun jump up and kill someone....guns don't kill people...people kill people.
    There are many reasons to own a gun and many are brought up in post before....I don't try to put my beliefs on anyone else so please don't try to put your beliefs on me. My guns are to be used how I see fit....if I break the law then I will be punished.....just because I have a lot of guns doesn't mean I want to kill someone.....I love to hunt, and collect, hell sometimes I just want to go shot my guns at targets(it gives me a rush).....just don't try to come in my house...U want make it very far...I shot 1st......ask questions later.

All I was refering to there was that people have opinions on many other different subjects...AS being one of them. AS is a good example, as a matter of fact! You have too many fucking idiots that don't know shit about the subject (just like guns), but because they don't agree with it they say that no one should be able to use them. Same principle here with guns. Just because you don't agree with it, why in the hell would you won't to take that away from anyone else. If you don't like guns...DON'T FUCKING GO BUY ANY! It should be the same with Roids...if you don't like them...don't fucking use them. God is that simple or what?

Regarding gun deaths each year...are you trying to save the world or something. I don't give a shit about how many crackheads, gangbangers, suicides, robbers, street criminals, etc die each year in the USA from gun deaths. If it wasn't guns it would be by some other means. Again...if it doesn't directly affect you, why give a shit? It's really that simple to me...if it doesn't concern me, then it's none of my fucking business. I expect that same respect in return. Maybe I am too simple...treat others the way you want to be treated. Do they teach that in other countries too?

You used Canada as an example too...hell it's covered in 10 foot of snow 6 months out of the year, of course there is going to be more deaths in the USA. Shit, there's a lot more EVERYTHING in the USA. That's why we have the immigration problem we have! I don't hear about millions of people migrating to Canada each year.

peace,

ttgb
    As far as the steroids thing goes, there's a HUGE difference. Idiots with steroids affect themselves. Idiots with guns affects others.

"If it doesn't directly affect you then why give a shit"

I care about the wellbeing of my fellow man, I guess that's the difference. Some day I'd like to have kids. I'd like to leave them a decent place to live. Or maybe I should just not care, cuz it doesn't directly affect me right?

I'm seeing that the main difference in our arguments is that you are concerned with how gun control or no gun control affects you. I'm arguing for how it affects everybody.

I'm a little confused how you can quote the golden rule AND say "screw it if it doesn't directly affect me" in the same thread.

Look. I agree with you that there's plenty of responsible folks out there capable of safely owning guns. Somehow things got all messed up. We have all sorts of laws designed to fit the lowest common denominator. There are laws against steroids and other drugs because SOME people abuse them. There are laws against speeding because SOME people can't drive worth shit. There are laws against bringing box cutters on planes because SOME people are going to use them to highjack planes and fly them into buildings. But God help you if you try to make laws against our precious guns because as we all know, NOBODY missuses those!! WTF??

Nixter.

Hey, just wanted to say that I'm enjoying the heated debate here and I mean NO disrespect to any of my fellow bro's on the board with my comments. I respect all of you and value the differences in opinion we all have. Shit would be just plain boring otherwise.

Nixter.

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    I've never seen a gun jump up and kill someone....guns don't kill people...people kill people.
    There are many reasons to own a gun and many are brought up in post before....I don't try to put my beliefs on anyone else so please don't try to put your beliefs on me. My guns are to be used how I see fit....if I break the law then I will be punished.....just because I have a lot of guns doesn't mean I want to kill someone.....I love to hunt, and collect, hell sometimes I just want to go shot my guns at targets(it gives me a rush).....just don't try to come in my house...U want make it very far...I shot 1st......ask questions later.
    People with guns kill people.

If somebody wants to break into your house with a gun drawn then I think you'd have a tough time shooting first. "Knock, Knock" "This is the criminals! we're just giving you ample time to get and load your guns before we come in!" "If they're already loaded then we'll wait till you get the key and unlock them cuz I noticed you have kids!"

Nixter.

I care about the wellbeing of my fellow man, I guess that's the difference. Some day I'd like to have kids. I'd like to leave them a decent place to live. Or maybe I should just not care, cuz it doesn't directly affect me right?
    I will possibly have kids one day as well...at which time I will still continue to focus my energy towards taking care of myself, and at that time, my family. If you don't take care of yours, nobody else will. It's a full time job just taking care of your own!

I'm seeing that the main difference in our arguments is that you are concerned with how gun control or no gun control affects you. I'm arguing for how it affects everybody.
    Probably just a difference in the way we were raised. I was raised to fight for what you believe in. If you don't believe in something, don't fight for it...but don't fight against it either. It's not your fight.

I'm a little confused how you can quote the golden rule AND say "screw it if it doesn't directly affect me" in the same thread.
    I don't really think that needs explaining. To me it is simple...It's how I want to be treated in return. If it isn't your business, nor your problem, don't worry about it. Trust me, I'll be doing the same in return.

But God help you if you try to make laws against our precious guns because as we all know, NOBODY missuses those!! WTF??
    There are waayyy too many gun laws out there already...that no one (not even Canada) can implement to the full extent of the law. Why make more laws? The law abiding citizens are abiding by the law already.

peace,

ttgb

People with guns kill people.

If somebody wants to break into your house with a gun drawn then I think you'd have a tough time shooting first. "Knock, Knock" "This is the criminals! we're just giving you ample time to get and load your guns before we come in!" "If they're already loaded then we'll wait till you get the key and unlock them cuz I noticed you have kids!"

Nixter.
    What are you going to do if someone breaks and/or storms into your house? I like my odds better!

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 10-22-2003 at 08:22 PM.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Well, my $.02 on this is the same as a lot of people here... I think you have the right to firearms until you screw up (i.e. felony, hard drugs, etc.). Then you don't get them anymore.

Here in CA we have some strange carry laws, almost no concealed permits, and carrying in the car can't have a magazine and the weapon in the same area, and one of them has to be locked up. It's cause assholes don't repsect the police, and like to shoot 'em. I think that's why the last time I was pulled over, I had my glock in the car, unloaded, and that was the first thing I told the CHP officer when he walked up, He really lightened up cuz he knew I was being level with him.

There are waayyy too many gun laws out there already...that no one (not even Canada) can implement to the full extent of the law. Why make more laws? The law abiding citizens are abiding by the law already.

What are you going to do if someone breaks and/or storms into your house? I like my odds better!
    Correct, only needs to be one law. No guns.

If someone figured out how to get to the floor I live on without a pass card and had the jump on me then I'd be screwed, so would you. I live in Canada though so it's far less likely.

I guess if the same problem with gun deaths existed here I'd be more worried about how to fix it than defending my right to own a gun. I would want sollutions, not bandaids. I would want guns out of the hands of criminals. Buying more guns for my home doesn't seem like a sollustion to me. It might make some people "feel" more secure but it doesn't take guns away from criminals or prevent accidents.

It seems like too many people want to right to do whatever the hell they want and not have to worry about how it affects the rest of the country or world.

Nixter.

It seems like too many people want to right to do whatever the hell they want and not have to worry about how it affects the rest of the country or world.
    Damn...you finally figured us Americans out!! Took you long enough!

peace,

ttgb

Swellin Guest
    I just thought that this was kind of funny…Terinox asked the question AND Nixter answered it for him.

you want to protect your family? How come some of these guys need 6-7 LOADED guns to do this??

Nixter, I have 5 or 6 stashed in various places throughout my house. Some are in plain view, and others are not. All are loaded. They can be brought about to rectify just such a situation in less time than it takes to hit the snooze button on your alarm.

I have a 4-month-old son, and this will be addressed in the next couple of months. I will be using the touch pad pistol safes. You only need to hit a 3-digit combination and the door opens. If you mess up, an alarm sounds.

I don't understand how I answered his question.

Anyways..

If you have your guns locked up like you should, especially when there's kids around then you don't have time to be getting at them when a gun toting intruder bursts in with the element of surprise.

less guns sounds better to me.

Nixter

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    btdr that is a nice gun collection bro some good choices here are mine:

Springfield Armory Professional Model, TRP Operator
    Wilson Combat CQB
    Kimber Eclipse Pro II, Gold Combat RL II
    Glock 17, 19, 23, 30, 32
    SIG P220ST, P225
    HK P7M8, P7M13
    Smith & Wesson 945

Rifles:
    Colt Match Target "M4" carbine
    DS Arms SA58 "FN-FAL" carbine

Shotgun:
    Benelli M4

so basically if someone breaks into my house they are fucked

Nixter I agree with you, you make some good arguments, and so far, you have dealt very well in this thread, very mannerly and what not.

And you're right, we need solutions to the deaths by guns. If it's legal, and so many people want to keep it that way, and it won't be changed (or at least not any time soon) then there must be time and effort put into keeping them out of criminals hands, and out of childrens hands.

I think that's very dangerous, having 4-5 guns "strategically" placed around the house? That's got accident written all over it.

Now of course, shit like this is a lot more complicated (OBVIOUSLY), I think Nixter and I are looking at it in more of a broader sense. We looking at it as a problem with GUNS and the WORLD in general, not too directly at personal use or "rights" (or at least that's what I'm kinda saying).

I guess for now, only thing I can hope for, is more regulations, psychiatric tests done on gun owners, permits, insane history checks, and ALL information (even private) should be available to the seller to make sure the person is capable of owning a gun. Classes/seminars should be mandatory, and for ANY reason, if you lose a gun, or an accident occurs WITH YOUR GUN, which is illegal, or you can't explain to the law, there should be hefty fines and even jail time (depending on severity of the tragedy).

That's all IMO.

AND YES, US DAMN CANADIANS WANT WORLD PEACE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT???

BDTR is offline Retired
    Thats a nice collection, i sold a lot of mine a while back and am just getting back into collecting bigtime. I'm a big fan of assualt rifles, but i'd like to get some more handguns. I'm thinking about a walther p99, just so i can pretend to be james bond.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    btdr that is a nice gun collection bro some good choices here are mine:

Springfield Armory Professional Model, TRP Operator
    Wilson Combat CQB
    Kimber Eclipse Pro II, Gold Combat RL II
    Glock 17, 19, 23, 30, 32
    SIG P220ST, P225
    HK P7M8, P7M13
    Smith & Wesson 945

Rifles:
    Colt Match Target "M4" carbine
    DS Arms SA58 "FN-FAL" carbine

Shotgun:
    Benelli M4

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    AND YES, US DAMN CANADIANS WANT WORLD PEACE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT???
    It's all that damn snow and cold weather up there...you guys have too much time sitting in the house just thinking. Ya'll need some hobbies other than telling everyone how they should live their lives!

peace,

ttgb

hey...but Canada is definitley the best country the USA has bordering us on our Northern Border!!

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    so basically if someone breaks into my house they are fucked
    A guy with a gun Vs a guy with a gun. Sounds pretty 50/50 to me. Oh wait, the intruder has the element of surprise.

What if you are out? Then the criminal gets a nice stash of guns. More guns in the hands of criminals, yay! What's that? The guns are in a safe you say? So how do you intend to get them out fast enough when that intruder busts in?

It's a lose/lose situation.

Nixter.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Thats a nice collection, i sold a lot of mine a while back and am just getting back into collecting bigtime. I'm a big fan of assualt rifles, but i'd like to get some more handguns. I'm thinking about a walther p99, just so i can pretend to be james bond.

lol.......i just love guns so much i will collect anything

A guy with a gun Vs a guy with a gun. Sounds pretty 50/50 to me. Oh wait, the intruder has the element of surprise.

What if you are out? Then the criminal gets a nice stash of guns. More guns in the hands of criminals, yay! What's that? The guns are in a safe you say? So how do you intend to get them out fast enough when that intruder busts in?

It's a lose/lose situation.

Nixter.
    what are your odds?

call the cops...yeah right.

use a bat...gun v bat...you are fucked. Plus they have the element of surprise remember. Your family will be so proud after they are raped and murdered.

It's all that damn snow and cold weather up there...you guys have too much time sitting in the house just thinking. Ya'll need some hobbies other than telling everyone how they should live their lives!

peace,

ttgb
    Damn, a hobby wouldn't be too bad actually, other then body building.

See here is where it gets kinda complicated. Like I said before, I am kinda fascinated by guns, and I've wanted to go to a shooting range some time and shoot some targets. Just the idea of carrying one around town eats me up.

If you own one in your home, and it's locked, well, I still don't like the idea of that, but it's better then having it in your pocket while you're shopping for some skim milk standing right behind me.

Oh yeah, and this is all coming from the guy who wants to be a cop some day (maybe).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information