bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Dedicated to Bruce Lee

I would just like to say how much I am I inspired by Bruce Lee.
    This guy was a genetic god. He beat all the odds and defied defeat.
    Just when any normal person would have given up, he fought even harder and become even better than he was.
    I forgot about Bruce Lee for a long time.
    Then my VCR accidently recorded AMC american movie channel. It was the biography of Bruce Lee, some interviews and then they showed his last movie that was incomplete. The temple with five levels and he had to proceed to each level defeating the opponent for each level. A very well produced movie for that time. Before they had all those lame ass cable stunts and jumps.

Just watching him and listening to him makes me feel so sad knowing that he died so early on and had so much to teach. I also feel sad for Brandon Lee whom would have been the next star. The Crow was such a bad ass movie along with his other flicks.
    Bruce Lee has to be the quickest mo fo out there. The camera shots had to be slowed down just so you could see his kicks and punches.
    After the movie they showed "Dragon, the bruce lee story" Such a great film.

Anyway, Im glad my vcr recorded it because when I was 16, he was my inspiration and I forgot about that inspiration. I forgot what drove me.

BlocRoc is offline Member
    If Bruce Lee and GOD got in a fight...Bruce Lee would win!

Man was AWESOME!!!

L8

I have that book " the art of war".
    I should probably read it since I bought it two weeks ago and havent even opened the damn thing.

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Bruce Lee is also at the top of my inspiration list. His philosophies on life and self defense are so logical. I'm sure you've read it, but "Tao of Jeet Kune Do" is also a good read.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    I should probably read it since I bought it two weeks ago and havent even opened the damn thing.
    Put your bag of grass away and maybe you'll get started

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I love that book..............I've two copies.

When I was young Bruce was the Man. Every kid on my block wanted to be Bruce.................you're right Bermich.............sure would like to know what else he could have done if he had lived a full life. Insane fast.........and how about that Drangon Fly exercise he could do? A walking human piece of steel

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I have 5 of Bruce Lee's movies..except the last one , but I saw it. Wasn't it Kareem Abdul Jabar in that movie with him? Really tall skinny black guy with good speed as I remember. If anyone wants to borrow any of the movies, let me know. I have The Chinese Connection, Fists of Fury, Enter the Dragon, The Young Bruce Lee,. And one more, but I forgot the name...My favorite Bruce Lee movie was the one where he was on the boat for the fighting tournament, and the guy behind it was an opium drug lord. I'll glady trade any of my movies, for that movie TEMPORARILY of course. And if anyone has an extra copy of "The Art of War" or "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do", let me know if you're willing to trade anything for them. Lee was like a God..Brandon Lee was great too. The Crow is one of my favorite movies as well.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I have 5 of Bruce Lee's movies..except the last one , but I saw it. Wasn't it Kareem Abdul Jabar in that movie with him? Really tall skinny black guy with good speed as I remember. If anyone wants to borrow any of the movies, let me know. I have The Chinese Connection, Fists of Fury, Enter the Dragon, The Young Bruce Lee,. And one more, but I forgot the name...My favorite Bruce Lee movie was the one where he was on the boat for the fighting tournament, and the guy behind it was an opium drug lord. I'll glady trade any of my movies, for that movie TEMPORARILY of course. And if anyone has an extra copy of "The Art of War" or "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do", let me know if you're willing to trade anything for them. Lee was like a God..Brandon Lee was great too. The Crow is one of my favorite movies as well.

Not sure if this is The Art of War it in it's entirety but......

http://www.chinapage.com/sunzi-e.html

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Its not the complete Art of War... There is quite a bit of debate as to the completeness of the art of war.

The current and most believable theory is that the book is a compilation by many people who ultimately studied together or were related to each other (family or philosophy wise)

There are quite a few good translations out there at the moment!

In my opinionTHIS ONE is most likely the best and most complete translation.

L8

BDTR is offline Retired
    Bruce lee was good for his size. Put him against a talented heavy weight and his game would end right there.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Bruce lee was good for his size. Put him against a talented heavy weight and his game would end right there.
    i would like to see that...

BDTR is offline Retired
    Dont get me wrong, he would totally dominate his weight class, however he was not the toughest human alive. People seem to think he was some sort of super hero. Put him in an MMA match with someone like say rickson gracie in his prime at say 185 lbs and id take rickson.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I agree with you bdtr.. grappeling

Didnt you know he could punch at arms length in 5/100ths of a sec???? thats pretty fast hehe

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I agree with bdtr here, Lee was a great martial artist but surley no match for many in his time, especially guys way outside of his weight class. 'Judo' Gene LeBell would have absolutely crushed him.

Ahh i dunno about that bdtr. I saw him defeat Bolo Yeung in a tournament, and hes a very talented heavyweight.

Bruce Lee vs. Frank Dux.....classic.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Bruce Lee did not compete in any sanctioned tournaments so it's hard to say how good he was, although I think most people will agree that his contribution to martial arts was certainly the biggest in north america, especially the promotional aspect. Helps when you are a movie star. The reason you now see weight classes in UFC, Pride etc now is because lightweight fighters simply cannot be put against guys that weigh 250+ with reasonably similar skill levels and expect to win more than a very small %( < 5 ) of the time. Same thing applies to the striking arts.....no more 'strike only' fighters...they got wiped out long ago.

Yeah. Back in the day, they didnt even have contact events. You had to shadow box with your oppontent and then the judges determined if that action would have struck your opponent.

realityarts is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Cheers to the memory of Bruce Lee

I've got that book too -- it's good!

I like the quote that I have in my sig below...

RA

Thread Information