Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    someday is offline Member

Lifting a jeep......

Hey its about time for some new shoes for my 01 cherokee and i was thinkin about finally lifting it. Was prolly gonna go with a 3 inch suspension and like 1.5 inch body for a total of 4.5 inches of lift. Plannin on putting on some bf goodrich All-terrain T/A's on the stock rims. Just wondeirng if anyone had any experience with this and couldn't alert me to some problems etc...that i might encounter.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Not sure about cherokee but with a wrangler you def want to get a new steering stabilizer and regardless get your spedometer recalibrated after the lift.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    you can always lift jeeps like I do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lifting a jeep......-car1.jpg  

BDTR is offline Retired
    I thought this thread was about actually deadlifting your jeep. I was about to say i've done mid sized cars but never a jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    you can always lift jeeps like I do
    I saw this coming before i even posted this thread......

How much would it cost for you to ride under my jeep and push it up all the time??????

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    no overly necessary as long as you remember its off. Brake lines too short, driveline angle to great, poor handling, road noise, there are many problems. With a body lift, you will have to move the radiator, the steering arm will be at a great angle, and not too mention it doesn't look half as good as a pure suspension lift. If you can, get some sway bar disconnects. They are deffinitely worth the money.

bro, depending how crazy you want to go, you can either go with blocks for springs, and add-a-leaf, or all new components. If you plan on actually four wheeling, i would go with the latter.

how crazy DO you want to go?

Was plannin on goin with new springs and an add a leaf...... I knew shocks and break lines would have to be replaced. I knew road noise would become somewhat of an issue but im planning on getting the interior rhino-lined sometime...plus the BF goodrich A/T's are usually pretty quiet....well quiet as far as jeep wranglers go anyhow. I know the steering will be affected somewhat but do you think the lift will affect the drive line that greatly?????

I dont go rock crawling that much but i do go off-road quite frequently and the reason i get stuck is ground clearence...always getting high centered. I figure this liftwith some diff lockers would do the trick.

the larger you go, the more affected it will be. If you want to go 4.5 inches, i would go all suspension, but it is going to be more expensive and more drastic, but if you want to go 3 inches, you would be fine. I would steer clear from the body lift. The higher center of gravity is extended even more without the suspension support, and they aren't cheap as people think.

I might just stick with a 3 inch body..that and bigger tires ought to give me the clearence i'd like.

diff. lockers will make you chirp going around corners, and they are on the verge of too much if you rarely go, or you could go with a limited slip diff.

i mean 3 inch suspension..............

Quote Originally Posted by someday
    I saw this coming before i even posted this thread......

How much would it cost for you to ride under my jeep and push it up all the time??????

85 cents to the mile.. and a steady feeding tube of good tasting protein....

bro, a 3" body would be way more expensive all in all than a suspension. The COG will be too high and i would not recommend four wheeling for safety reasons. Trust me bro, body lifts aren't cheap, especially a 3" one.

i mean 3 inch suspension..............
    alright, good.

generally a 3-3.5" lift will clear 31x10.50 tires without rubbing.

how much you looking on spending (man i am post whoring on this thread )

I was tryin to keep it pretty cheap.....i figure i can get a 3 inch susp...with springs and leaf plus brake lines and shocks for around 400 then tires and stuff would be another 600 and thats all i was gonna spend for now but later this year i'd wanna add do the rest...or i juts might ride these tires tell i have a little more money saved up.

than i would either go with the 3.5" Rubicon Express Super-flex kit ($420) or the Super-ride kit ($320). The Super-flex comes with bump stops, and sway bar disconnects, where the super ride kit does not have stops and uses fixed sway bar links.

prolly worth the extra 100 for the disconnects and stops.

its up to you, i had disconnects, and honetly, they are a mofo to get back together when taken apart, but the add a shitload of flex. check out www.rubiconexpress.com. All they make is jeep lift kits. Very very good. Where i got mine, and the only place i will get future kits (for jeeps obviously).

mass junkie is offline banned
    85 cents to the mile.. and a steady feeding tube of good tasting protein....
    How about a feeding tube of semen sound?

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    How about a feeding tube of semen sound?
    do you think your pea size balls can produce that much?

do you think your pea size balls can produce that much?
    You didnt say they were pea sized last night when they were resting on your chin...

thats because they were your wife's nuts on my chin not yours.....

thats because they were your wife's nuts on my chin not yours.....
    LoL

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Hey its about time for some new shoes for my 01 cherokee and i was thinkin about finally lifting it. Was prolly gonna go with a 3 inch suspension and like 1.5 inch body for a total of 4.5 inches of lift. Plannin on putting on some bf goodrich All-terrain T/A's on the stock rims. Just wondeirng if anyone had any experience with this and couldn't alert me to some problems etc...that i might encounter.
    How old are you? Just think about saving your money. Dont waste your time/money on lifting your cherokee. Invest that money, or save up for a new one... IMO you are just going to end up lowering the resale value of your car, getting a shittier ride, and no one is going to notice it but you(and other high school kids). THis was not to be an ass or anything, just giving you something to think about.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    im getting my wrangler lifted, 6 inch lift kit and 35 inch tires. i cant wait to run over things

ouch man that hurts....im actually about to graduate college.....the reason i want to lift it is because it sucks getting stuck on the way to the hunting lease or having to borrow somebody elses truckto get thier. That and getting stuck while your out drinkin and roadin sucks too!!! I could care less about resale value cause im never gonna sell the thing...i love that jeep too much hell i've owned three jeeps now. Oh yah and they dont make them anymore so i cant save up for a new one...

Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    im getting my wrangler lifted, 6 inch lift kit and 35 inch tires. i cant wait to run over things
    Hey, you been doin the wrangler club wave??

I really want one of those new rubicons...those things are just badass.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    ouch man that hurts....im actually about to graduate college.....the reason i want to lift it is because it sucks getting stuck on the way to the hunting lease or having to borrow somebody elses truckto get thier. That and getting stuck while your out drinkin and roadin sucks too!!! I could care less about resale value cause im never gonna sell the thing...i love that jeep too much hell i've owned three jeeps now. Oh yah and they dont make them anymore so i cant save up for a new one...
    Cool, then all the more power to ya!

nj123 is offline Member
    i have an f150 and i got a 3 inch body lift on it and i love it... mayyyyybe if you just beat the living shit out of the jeep then i wouldnt go with a body lift.. but otherwise save about 1000 dollars and just get a 3inch body lift instead of 3 inch suspension.. if your gonna get a suspension go BIG.. the BFG a/t's are good but i like more of the aggressive look so i would go with the bfg mud terrain. but if you are mostly a on-road driver the a/t's are the best all around tire with a semi aggressive look. In my opinion i would still get a mud tire even for on street just dont get a superswamper

nj123 is offline Member
    also the BFG A/t's are quiet on the road.. my buddy has them on his chevrolet with a 3 inch body lift and he treats his truck like pure shit in the mud and on the road and has never had a problem with the body lift...your steering wont be affected to much.. depends on what size tires your getting and what size the jeep has stock?

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, you been doin the wrangler club wave??

I really want one of those new rubicons...those things are just badass.

no i feel that i am by far one of the coolest people who drive a jeep so there is no need for me to wave?

yeah the rubicons are cool but my sahara will rock after its lifted and the performance parts are installed.

Quote Originally Posted by nj123
    but otherwise save about 1000 dollars and just get a 3inch body lift instead of 3 inch suspension..
    LoL.... $1000 huh. Highly doubt that. Bro, go with a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift, and you will need to make no major mods. You'll be alright.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO Skyjacker is the best suspension lift out there,,, here is my Wrangler with 4" Skyjacker softride and 33" Ground hawgs... not a real great pic,, but the only one I have here at the office.

in college I had a silverado with 8" Skyjacker and 3" body lift and 40" Hawgs,, that bitch was a BLAST!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lifting a jeep......-jeep1.jpg  
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 10-30-2003 at 11:19 AM.

skyjacker does make good shit, and i have used them in the past, but for jeeps, i would go with a jeep only kit, but if you want, skyjacker is my next choice.

nj123 is offline Member
    for installation of a suspension lift and the kit yes i meant 1000$
    suspension-$1000 for kit and $700 for install(very generous price)
    body lift-kit and installation about $600
    this is for trucks so the jeep prices may be different
    Last edited by nj123; 10-30-2003 at 12:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information