Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

OMG this pain is killing me

Man I cant sneeze because if I do it feels like someone puts a blowtorch to my leg and ass, I cant take a crap because that also causes the burning. The pain isnt just dropping me to my knees now, it drops me to the god damn ground. Yesterday from just walking to the kitchen it burnt so bad that there was no possibly way I could keep on standing or walking.
    I went to the doc and she said its the scatic and that I should go to a physi therapist. Im going on thursday, but the pain gets worse day by fucking day!!!

Argh just had to vent

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    hope you feel better bro

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Call the physian and try and get an emergency apointment johan. They might be able to squeze you in.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Call the physian and try and get an emergency apointment johan. They might be able to squeze you in.
    Nah they didnt have any time at all before thursday except on tuseday but then I have a very important lecture I cant miss

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Call anyway.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah bro I would call......... If you are in that much pain get them to see you as soon as possible.

Hope you get better bro.

ross3814 is offline Member
    what is this pain from? a bad shot?

kiro is offline Junior Member
    it's called the schiatic and it's a nerve that has got pinched

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Damn Johan…………..bro I know exactly what you’re going through. Give the doc a call back and tell them you need to see them NOW or at the least give you something to numb the pain. And get the hell off your feet, quit walking around if you can. Bro I sure hope you get some relief soon.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Johan, bro, have you started doing those exercises on your own though? Have you tried them to see if they help or not? Mine really helped, although mine was not as severe as yours. For me it was more the piriformis muscle or something, and not the sciatic nerve, that shit can be VERY serious. Still worth doing those exercises that are on www.back.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Damn Johan…………..bro I know exactly what you’re going through. Give the doc a call back and tell them you need to see them NOW or at the least give you something to numb the pain. And get the hell off your feet, quit walking around if you can. Bro I sure hope you get some relief soon.
    Going to try and manage without painkillers, the doc offered me a prescription for painkillers but I said no thanks.
    Im eating enough pills as it is
    Maby I have to call the doc or physio again blah, accutaly my pain gets worse when Im not active, after a workout I am pain free for several hours. But the day after its usualy back with a vengance more gruling then before

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Johan, bro, have you started doing those exercises on your own though? Have you tried them to see if they help or not? Mine really helped, although mine was not as severe as yours. For me it was more the piriformis muscle or something, and not the sciatic nerve, that shit can be VERY serious. Still worth doing those exercises that are on www.back.com
    Going to give them a try now!

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Hey bro i would actually advise STRONGLY against those back exercises. Chances are you will aggrevate the situation, as you have no clue what the ramifications of your injury are.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Damn man...hope you feel better soon. Get to the doctor and get you some medication. Tell em you're in excruiciating pain if you want some good drugs

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Damn bro,get better soon,and give the gym a rest.I know the guilt of missing a workout,but your well being is more important.Be Cool and relax. DB

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Hey bro i would actually advise STRONGLY against those back exercises. Chances are you will aggrevate the situation, as you have no clue what the ramifications of your injury are.
    Those aren't actually back muscle exercises or anything like that. They are specific exercises (mostly stretches) which concentrate on relaxing and stretching the piriformis muslce. Usually, if the nerve is affected and pinched, it's related directly to the piriformis muscle. I had the exact same situation, although perhaps not so severe. Those worked for me, and are designed for people suffering such pains. I don't see how it is a bad thing. I'm pretty sure his physiotherapist is gonna just tell him to do those exact same ones. I think it's a good start to releave some of the immediate pain he is having.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    No offense bro, but i really doubt that just because it worked for you, it's gonna help him. A friend of mine aggrevated his sciatic, and while attempting to perform simple stretches, only further increased the degree of stress on the nerve, and his recovery is going to take longer. His exercise physiologist then specifically told him NOT to do any stretches beyond the most absolutely rudimentary ones that he prescribed.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    No offense bro, but i really doubt that just because it worked for you, it's gonna help him. A friend of mine aggrevated his sciatic, and while attempting to perform simple stretches, only further increased the degree of stress on the nerve, and his recovery is going to take longer. His exercise physiologist then specifically told him NOT to do any stretches beyond the most absolutely rudimentary ones that he prescribed.
    Well obviously everyone is different bro. I don't know what the exact problem with your friend is, or exactly what's wrong with Johan. Although a lot of doctors aren't even sure. They kinda guess, and I wouldn't be surprised if the physiologist will ask him to do certain things to see if it hurts or not. Either way, he'll have to wait a see.

Well obviously everyone is different bro. I don't know what the exact problem with your friend is, or exactly what's wrong with Johan. Although a lot of doctors aren't even sure. They kinda guess, and I wouldn't be surprised if the physiologist will ask him to do certain things to see if it hurts or not. Either way, he'll have to wait a see.
    Havent tried them out yet, but can you tell me wich ones that helped for you the most?

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Havent tried them out yet, but can you tell me wich ones that helped for you the most?
    There was one SPECIFIC one, that when I felt the pain, and if I did it, the pain would virutally go away INSTANTLY. Now you're supposed to do it regularly, like 3-4 times a day, but I was lazy, and I would sometimes just doing it when I felt the pain, which is NOT what you're supposed to do, but it did help me. Now i'm not sure 100% if it will help you out, but it is worth a try, if you are feeling the pain, really bad, then just try this one. I'm gonna try and find the direct link to the exercise...

This is the page about the sciatic, you probably already read it...

http://www.back.com/symptoms-sciatica.html

This is the one that I tried, and it helped (specific for stretching the piriformis muscle)...

Piriformis Stretch - Lie on back with both knees bent. Cross one leg on top of the other. Pull opposite knee to chest until a stretch is felt in the buttock/hip area. Hold 20 seconds. Relax. Repeat 5 times each side.

Here is a the site, scroll down, near the bottom, you will see the video you can watch, the guy shows you how to do it...

http://www.back.com/articles-exercises.html

Good luck,
    Let me know what happens.
    T.

There was one SPECIFIC one, that when I felt the pain, and if I did it, the pain would virutally go away INSTANTLY. Now you're supposed to do it regularly, like 3-4 times a day, but I was lazy, and I would sometimes just doing it when I felt the pain, which is NOT what you're supposed to do, but it did help me. Now i'm not sure 100% if it will help you out, but it is worth a try, if you are feeling the pain, really bad, then just try this one. I'm gonna try and find the direct link to the exercise...

This is the page about the sciatic, you probably already read it...

http://www.back.com/symptoms-sciatica.html

This is the one that I tried, and it helped (specific for stretching the piriformis muscle)...

Piriformis Stretch - Lie on back with both knees bent. Cross one leg on top of the other. Pull opposite knee to chest until a stretch is felt in the buttock/hip area. Hold 20 seconds. Relax. Repeat 5 times each side.

Here is a the site, scroll down, near the bottom, you will see the video you can watch, the guy shows you how to do it...

http://www.back.com/articles-exercises.html

Good luck,
    Let me know what happens.
    T.
    Ohh god that mutherfucker is going to give me some serious pain, but I guess I have nothing to lose by trying it Thanks bro

Ohh god that mutherfucker is going to give me some serious pain, but I guess I have nothing to lose by trying it Thanks bro
    Take it REALLY easy while doing this. Any sign of pain while just getting into the position, then abort. However, if you can get into that position WITHOUT any pain, then go forward. You might feel a bit of pain while starting to stretch, which is expected, but take it easy.

If you do it properly, you should almost feel the pain go away instantly. I mean, if this exercise works for you, and if you do it the way I think you're supposed to, you will almost feel a good kind of pain. Kinda like the stretch mixed with a tinggling sensation. But it should almost feel pleasurable. BE CAREFUL.

If you do it properly, you should almost feel the pain go away instantly. I mean, if this exercise works for you, and if you do it the way I think you're supposed to, you will almost feel a good kind of pain. Kinda like the stretch mixed with a tinggling sensation. But it should almost feel pleasurable. BE CAREFUL.
    Lucky I didnt do it, was to the physio today and he advised me strongly not to do anything that causes any kind of pain whatsoever so that stretch is off limits for me

I got like 6-7 other stretches to do instead 4 times a day yuck will take ages

Lucky I didnt do it, was to the physio today and he advised me strongly not to do anything that causes any kind of pain whatsoever so that stretch is off limits for me

I got like 6-7 other stretches to do instead 4 times a day yuck will take ages
    Just make sure you do them though bro, cuz I got a little lazy. Hopefully yours isn't too serious like mine, because mine just went away by itself suddenly about 2-3 weeks later.

Good luck.

Thread Information