ColdSore is offline Banned

What was it like...

i dont know if anyone has ever started a thread like this...but im boared and want to hear some good stories...

what was it like back in the days when AAS use was legal???

Ive never had the pleasure of talking to "old-timers" in the gym and hearing stories about the old school days of training, steriod use, and sh!t like that...all just hear say...

So lets hear it old men...what was it like???

mass junkie is offline banned
    Steroids only became illegal in 1988 CS....I love the fact that nowadys you can sit at home or at work at all hours of the day reading endless amounts of info and peoples expeiriences with aas usage.....and if you sit around long enough.... its probaly more easily accessible too

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Steroids only became illegal in 1988 CS....I love the fact that nowadys you can sit at home or at work at all hours of the day reading endless amounts of info and peoples expeiriences with aas usage.....and if you sit around long enough.... its probaly more easily accessible too
    i know...but fukk me in 88 i was still wearing scooby doo undies

just wanted to hear some good stories about training and use in the 70's-80's...

Aboot is offline Banned
    For sure. I'd love to hear about exactly how accessible they were. I always here stories about dixie cups full of tabs in locker rooms and such, but whether these are realistic, who knows?

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    My introduction to juice came from a training partner who had just won the Jr. Mr. Alabama. He took me to a doctor in a neighboring town, told me to tell the doc that I wanted to gain some weight, which was funny because I was weighing around 210 at the time. The doc just started writing. He told me he was going to prescribe the same thing he had his 17 yr old son on, and his son had just been offered a scholly to play football at Georgia.

I didn't know jack back then, but I remember two injections, and I think 3 prescriptions for orals, one of which was Anadrol (or "the good stuff" as the doc called it.) We had to got to four different pharmacies to get everything, nobody had it in stock.

Oh yeah, I asked the doc how long to stay on, he said stay on till you get where you want to be. Told me to come back every two weeks for the injections till I got where I needed to be.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Ok...So it was still a prescription drug. And back then there were quite a few Doc's that would prescribe them. The dianabol were blue. And really all ya had to do is run down to a friends house and pick it up.(My Cousin) I only messed with test deca and dbol back then. It is good to be able to sit back and look at the evolution of bodybuilding. The Mystery Drug Igf-1. And now the new improved version Lr3 igf-1. (Go figure!!) So in short it was probably about the same as far as getting aas. However, now with all the Ug Labs, it is probably easier to obtain now. It was still illegal to bring them across the border and it always will be. My 2 cents...peace

Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    My introduction to juice came from a training partner who had just won the Jr. Mr. Alabama. He took me to a doctor in a neighboring town, told me to tell the doc that I wanted to gain some weight, which was funny because I was weighing around 210 at the time. The doc just started writing. He told me he was going to prescribe the same thing he had his 17 yr old son on, and his son had just been offered a scholly to play football at Georgia.

I didn't know jack back then, but I remember two injections, and I think 3 prescriptions for orals, one of which was Anadrol (or "the good stuff" as the doc called it.) We had to got to four different pharmacies to get everything, nobody had it in stock.

Oh yeah, I asked the doc how long to stay on, he said stay on till you get where you want to be. Told me to come back every two weeks for the injections till I got where I needed to be.
    dman his 17 y.o son...thats fukked up!...

decadbal is offline Banned
    go eli.....

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    Ok...So it was still a prescription drug. And back then there were quite a few Doc's that would prescribe them. The dianabol were blue. And really all ya had to do is run down to a friends house and pick it up.(My Cousin) I only messed with test deca and dbol back then. It is good to be able to sit back and look at the evolution of bodybuilding. The Mystery Drug Igf-1. And now the new improved version Lr3 igf-1. (Go figure!!) So in short it was probably about the same as far as getting aas. However, now with all the Ug Labs, it is probably easier to obtain now. It was still illegal to bring them across the border and it always will be. My 2 cents...peace

Avalability is probably better now. What I miss is the lack of drama. No Western Union, no worries with scammers, no worries about getting busted, infections, underdosed gear, customs, etc. Just go to the doc, get a couple of shots and a few scripts, and live happily ever after.

Maybe this gets better when you find a reliable source, but I'm not impressed with what I have experienced so far.

However, a lot more is known now, and it's easier to find good info. For instance, when I got back in the game around a year ago, I had never heard of Clomid or Nolva. You just friggin suffered thru back in the day. Also, I hate to think of how much gear I wasted "tapering off".

Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    Avalability is probably better now. What I miss is the lack of drama. No Western Union, no worries with scammers, no worries about getting busted, infections, underdosed gear, customs, etc. Just go to the doc, get a couple of shots and a few scripts, and live happily ever after.

Maybe this gets better when you find a reliable source, but I'm not impressed with what I have experienced so far.

However, a lot more is known now, and it's easier to find good info. For instance, when I got back in the game around a year ago, I had never heard of Clomid or Nolva. You just friggin suffered thru back in the day. Also, I hate to think of how much gear I wasted "tapering off".
    theres good sources out there...but i agree...i bet the drama, and tension with worrying wasnt near as bad..

Thread Information