Thread: I HATE SATs

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member

Angry I HATE SATs

Ok guys tomorrow i have to take those dum ass SATs. Shit i hate them so much. i get bord as fu(k. So guys just remember tomorrow 9:00 am big daddy will be sitting in a room undergoing pure torture. I cant even take a piss when im taking them ahhhhhh its like 12:10am and i need sleep.
    peace bros

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    Ok guys tomorrow i have to take those dum ass SATs. Shit i hate them so much. i get bord as fu(k. So guys just remember tomorrow 9:00 am big daddy will be sitting in a room undergoing pure torture. I cant even take a piss when im taking them ahhhhhh its like 12:10am and i need sleep.
    peace bros
    I make some pocket change tutoring for the SATs...and yes, it is a lame test, perhaps the lamest.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    the SATs wasted precious hours of my life. they are not very accurate representations of a persons intelligence. SAT scores dont mean shit :rollyeyes:

just dont take it drunk

BDTR is offline Retired
    They dont accurately represent intelligence, but this test can make and break lives, its as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    SAT scores dont mean shit :rollyeyes:

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    They dont accurately represent intelligence, but this test can make and break lives, its as simple as that.
    Absolutely...There's a great book by Nicholas Lehman (I think it's Nicholas anyway) called "The Big Test" that traces the significance, impact and cultural history of the SAT.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I agree completely, I hate all standardized tests. I will probably write the GRE(most likely) and maybe the MCAT(maybe) or DAT(less likely) next year if I am not working and stil in school. Not exactly looking forward to that. They are the same shit IMO....break your life, if you dont get at least 9's on every section of MCAT no soup for you!

rambo is offline The Lord God
    The SAT correlation is only a factor if a student is intent on applying to un upper echelon institution. I've read portions of that book BG, and the correlation is more relevant to those not planning on a pre-professional path, but holds more water for students who plan for undergrad studies as a basis for a career. If a student is intent on getting a JD, MBA, DO, MD, pharm or psyD, then their SAT scores are moot if they perform well in undergrad. The difference between the tests for professional schools is the fact that they should be studied for. The SAT's, and their likewise prep classes are asinine to plan for. So don't worry big daddy, you'll be fine.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I agree completely, I hate all standardized tests. I will probably write the GRE(most likely) and maybe the MCAT(maybe) or DAT(less likely) next year if I am not working and stil in school. Not exactly looking forward to that. They are the same shit IMO....break your life, if you dont get at least 9's on every section of MCAT no soup for you!
    ugh...seriously, i keep hoping the letters DAT will go away...they keep coming back...damnit!!!

i took the DAT a couple years back - tough test - it helps to take Kaplan or Princeton Review etc. Thank god i made it into dental school, so i don't have to worry about it anymore. I think if i would've had to retake that test i would've shot somebody...

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I think the SAT and other standardized test measure intelligence.

Back in high school I knew a ton of kids who got A's but it was based solely on the fact that they studied like madmen(in this case madwomen). They were able to memorize facts and regurgitate them back on multiple choice tests, the lowest form of memory and thought. Along came the SAT's and they bombed(1200's) compared to the upper echelon kids like (1400+ scores) .

Many of these tests, test higher level thinking such as logic(LSAT), comprehension and analysis or application(SAT, GMAT, MCAT, LSAT, etc)..

These tests also allow schools to Standardized students across the country. If my school is easy with A's but your's is hard then we will have disparate GPA's. Futhermore the SAT doesnt test anything too difficult. The math goes up to Geometry (9th or 10th grade class), vocabulary (are you intellectual? do you read and learn words?) and comprehension of material (can you understand stories without someone like a teacher telling your the meaning, importance of portions, summary of the author's words?)

Graduate exams allow for like I said analysis of your upper level thinking. Not everything is cut and dry in the real world such that you can spit out an "If...Then..." solution. They want to make sure you can comprehend what is going on and THEN apply your education. Contrary to colleges, once a spot is filled in a professional program they dont want to lose you. It it too hard to replace you and fill your spot.

My two cents....

peam is offline Suspended
    I heard the better reader you are... the worse you get on those tests. Let's hope that's why my scores suck

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I'm so glad I never have to do those again......I'd get so bored that I would skim through the reading section......but I got a 1600 so whatever I won't complain....yeah right, I didn't even break 1000 but hey who's counting?

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Whats your definition of better? Quantity or quality? EVERY course and program says to prepare for reading comprehension by reading a TON. Read and then quickly try and summarize the article up as if you were doing a passage. Or read, and quickly take notes next to each paragraph like you would on SAT's. Those are techniques to prepare for the SAT's. Other stuff that works is to do the 10 real SAT books. Keep practicing over and over again. If you finish them, buy a GMAT and GRE book and do those too. A lil bit harder but it is still practice....

Quote Originally Posted by peam
    I heard the better reader you are... the worse you get on those tests. Let's hope that's why my scores suck

I took those muthers AHHHH! i wanted to shoot myself.... But i think i did ok. We will see... I had a day dream about throwing a chair at the test guy lol it was kinda funny hahaha well it over so im happy now

nj juice is offline Member
    i dont think that test accurately measures you as a student. I had a 2.5 gpa in high school, i currently have the same 2.5 in college, and i scored an 1130 on the sat's. I know people that have 3.0's and better and i did better than them on that stupid ass test.

nj juice is offline Member
    Damn you're young as hell big daddy! I didn't know you were still in high school. You little boy you! lol j/k

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    peace bros
    don't do what i did, answer every fn question

Quote Originally Posted by nj juice
    Damn you're young as hell big daddy! I didn't know you were still in high school. You little boy you! lol j/k
    Yhea im still in HS but im still Big i will have to post some pics. I am only 18 i thought evryone knew that lol its on my profiel

Thread Information