navydevildoc is offline Associate Member

GD MFing Texas Drivers!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is up with people driving in Texas???? It's bad enough that I have to be out here for 6 months away from my beautiful San Diego, but I missed my flight home today because assholes like to do LESS THAN THE SPEED LIMIT IN THE FAST LANE, and then won't even get out of the way!!!!! Like I want to look at the back of your truck or SUV with all your kid's sports accomplishments on it while doing f'ing 40 on the highway all the way from College Station, Marlin, New Braunfels, or some other damn place! You might not have somewhere to go, but I DO!

So now, I have to cancel a big dinner I was having for my bro's at Ruth's Chris steak house in SD (if you have been, you know how good it is) because I am sitting in the Austin airport choking the chicken in the Admiral's Club waiting for the next flight to LA, which isn't for like another 3 hours.

Will someone here from TX PLEASE explain this strange behavior to me? In SoCal if you are going less than 10 over in the SLOW lane you are getting flipped off.... 80 or 90 is expected in the fast lane... what gives????

KeyMastur is offline VET
    you must not have been in houston

where you were was country side. got honky tonk guys who actually care about the law.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    you must not have been in houston
    Very true, loop 610 is like one huge NASCAR race every damn day!

oh, and by the way, the worst traffic I've EVER been in was in SoCal, but I didn't talk shit about the entire state... get my drift?!?

Ruth Christ is AWESOME! sorry you missed your dinner.
    peace
    ~R
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 11-06-2003 at 06:11 PM.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I find that the small towns are like that. NO speeding at all. But you definately will get killed or ran off the road if you drive slow in dallas or houston!

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    OK, so I can see all your's point..... I am originally from SF, it is so different than SoCal. I haven't been to Dallas or Houston, all the business I have to do is in Central TX, mostly rural... Marlin, Waco, Temple, Brownwood, etc. Talk about boring.

But on the upside, Temple has one of the best gyms... better than anything I have seen in SD.

Anyway, I am at LAX now, only 2 more hours and then I am home. I guess I will get Ruth's Chris some other time...

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    We've got them in Pa too. There aren't many but usually they're over 60. These are the people who write letters to the editor about tailgaters. Well if everyone is tailgating you speed up or get out of the way. The left lane hogs are the worse they can back up traffic and create road rage in a nun.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    You think it's bad now!!!!??!?!?! Try driving through New Braunfels during the tourist season. Damn sonsabitches!!! Now that's some fun, takes like 30-40 minutes to move 1-2 miles on the highway!!!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    Very true, loop 610 is like one huge NASCAR race every damn day!

~R

I've taken first many times

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro would you rather be surrounded by bad drivers or be surrounded by 1200 degree wild fires in SD, CA? Be grateful we just drive fast and don't burn!

R

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Please.................it's all cake until you have to drive here in Tampa/St. Pete.............little old lady's driving so slow...............and the kicker is all you'll see is their knuckles on the steering wheel.

I saw a guy the other day who was so old he sat behind Jesus in second grade. He was tooling down the road with an oxygen tank...................and smoking a cigerette! All at a whooping speed of 20 mph!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    I've taken first many times
    i say we all start somewhere this weekend. same place. same time. then see who gets to the Sherman first

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Please.................it's all cake until you have to drive here in Tampa/St. Pete.............little old lady's driving so slow...............and the kicker is all you'll see is their knuckles on the steering wheel.

I saw a guy the other day who was so old he sat behind Jesus in second grade. He was tooling down the road with an oxygen tank...................and smoking a cigerette! All at a whooping speed of 20 mph!
    I think I was behind that guy the lasy time we went to Clearwater Beach. Was he wearing a straw hat?
    But seriously though you are right about the old timers in Florida. Pa is 2nd for people over 65. These people should be tested every 3 years.

Thread Information