Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

What drives you when cutting?

I was talking about this with a buddy today and we asked ourself wtf that drives us when cutting and we only had one explanation. Pure fucking hatred and disgust.
    You cant do a cut out of joy thats my theory. I only get the motivation I need if I truly convince myself that I am a fat piece of shit and gets disgusted by how I look in the mirror. Whenever Im cutting and get food cravings I trie to think about the fat, squeese my fat and think about how disgusting it is.

What is your tricks for cutting motivation?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I was talking about this with a buddy today and we asked ourself wtf that drives us when cutting and we only had one explanation. Pure fucking hatred and disgust.
    You cant do a cut out of joy thats my theory. I only get the motivation I need if I truly convince myself that I am a fat piece of shit and gets disgusted by how I look in the mirror. Whenever Im cutting and get food cravings I trie to think about the fat, squeese my fat and think about how disgusting it is.

Sorry bro I have yet to cut

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Sorry bro I have yet to cut
    I have tried to cut 2 times both times failed. First time I lost around 30 pounds second time like 44 pounds. But I was no where near abs. So this spring its all or nothing for me, Im gonna get cut or die trying

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Seeing my body change.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Seeing my body change.
    i just try to not get discouraged by wanting immediate results...the more patient you are when cutting the more rewarding it will be to look into the mirror. i try to remember that change does not come over nite and that each day i am under my maintenance or doing 60 minutes of cardio is one piece of the puzzle...i really try to stay away from the mirror completely naked 2 weeks at a time.

i find that taping pictures of extemely jacked dudes all over the place helps me focus when i feel like im slipping and need to 'snack' or something.

other than that, i really can't offer any advice but the satisfaction from reaching a cutting goal is much more rewarding than mass building IMO.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    i really can't offer any advice but the satisfaction from reaching a cutting goal is much more rewarding than mass building IMO.
    I agree............ it's easy to bulk for the most part (all that eatting can get hard) but in the end the satisfation seeing a totally transformed body in the mirror is very rewarding. That alone drives me durring the toughest times.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Nothing drives me to cut, so that's why I can't seem to ever cut. However, I'll tell you one thing, working about 60 hours a week for the summer WILL cut you down. I lost about 30 pounds, so go give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Nothing drives me to cut, so that's why I can't seem to ever cut. However, I'll tell you one thing, working about 60 hours a week for the summer WILL cut you down. I lost about 30 pounds, so go give it a try
    Nah I HATE to work lol. But I guess I have to this summer Gonna get real friendly with the gym staff and trie to get some kind of work there over the summer that would be cool

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I stole a page from Dr D. Whenever I reach into the cookie jar to grab that cookie, I imagine myself losing because I ate that cookie and my opposition didn't eat it. I then crumple up the cookie and get my ass on the treadmill.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    What drives me is being a poor college student who's diet is half protien mixed in 30 cent powerade refills and cereal.

Iv'e gotten to the point where i never crave food (unless im high) and I don't really think about it.

i think you should try being a poor college student.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    the drive...

Easy pure hatred and rage. Everything that went wrong that day, along with all of the assholes I have deal with. It all comes out in full force!!! also what helps is the music.....Old style Metallica, Ministry, and of coarse, a partner that will kick me in the nuts every time I don't get that last rep in!!

Quote Originally Posted by nostawk
    What drives me is being a poor college student who's diet is half protien mixed in 30 cent powerade refills and cereal.

Iv'e gotten to the point where i never crave food (unless im high) and I don't really think about it.

i think you should try being a poor college student.
    Lol I am a poor college student, or well not so poor yet but Im going to be soon

WhiteBoy is offline New Member
    I love seeing more veins come into my arms and new striations in my chest. I have very little desire to eat fat food especially when taking Clen .

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBoy
    I have very little desire to eat fat food especially when taking Clen.

i was the total opposite...............Clen made me soooo hungary........i just wanted to eat everything in sight.............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Mental strength that comes with playing competitive sport

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    Mental strength that comes with playing competitive sport
    exactly.. I just focus and I know it gets done. When I get those hunger pains I imagine the burning as fat melting off... and when I start to see results that boost is always there

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Looking at pics and hearing stories from others' who have successfully cut and knowing that if they can do it then so can I. And Daem I can't agree more with what you said...cutting is a whole lot more rewarding than bulking. Seems like anyone can cut but not many ppl have the discipline and passion to get ripped.

Thread Information