Thread: Hardcore gym!!

BARBENDER29 is offline Associate Member

Hardcore gym!!

I'm trying to find a place in my town to rent so I can put some equipment in it to get some good hardcore workouts in.You know the kind I'm talking about,where you can crank up the Metallica,Godsmack,etc. and you don't have to worry about offending the little ol lady on the treadmill or the ones who come to the gym to ****ing socialize.A gym where you can have chalk all over the floor and it doesn't matter.You can cuss out your workout partner because he didn't push out that last rep that you thought he sould have gotten.Do any of you guys/girls workout at a place like this and how does it do?I have guys who say they will help me pay the rent and throw in some of their equipment,but my wife thinks I need to open up the gym on my own,run it like I want to,and charge a membership.What do ya'll think?Thanks in advance for any input.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BARBENDER29
    I'm trying to find a place in my town to rent so I can put some equipment in it to get some good hardcore workouts in.You know the kind I'm talking about,where you can crank up the Metallica,Godsmack,etc. and you don't have to worry about offending the little ol lady on the treadmill or the ones who come to the gym to ****ing socialize.A gym where you can have chalk all over the floor and it doesn't matter.You can cuss out your workout partner because he didn't push out that last rep that you thought he sould have gotten.Do any of you guys/girls workout at a place like this and how does it do?I have guys who say they will help me pay the rent and throw in some of their equipment,but my wife thinks I need to open up the gym on my own,run it like I want to,and charge a membership.What do ya'll think?Thanks in advance for any input.
    metallica? i'll join your gym but I like barry manilow and wearing spandex

i also enjoy fruit smoothies

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    aren't all gyms like that..........

BARBENDER29 is offline Associate Member
    Not here in my town.We have 2 gyms and neither one is hardcore.I work at one of the gyms part time and if we want a hardcore workout we have to come in when the gym is closed.

mass junkie is offline banned
    My gym plays that bullshit dance music..........I swear sometimes I expect to walk in the weight room and see a disco ball hanging from the ceiling..........

jersey juice is offline Member
    My gym is hardcore as hell and we have 2 pro's (Jason Arntz, Johnny Morant) and a few Nationals guys. The membership is $200 a year and more freeweights than anything. 2 squat racks, a few benches 2 rooms of cardio equipment and nothing but testosterone (even the women LOL) I love it, they play hardcore rap though cause it's mainly in the ghetto, even though I hate that shit it does get you going. They do very well and have a good flow of steady regulars (the New Years resolution people never last more than a week with the freak show there)... I say Go For It!!! I think your biggest expense is insurance, our equipment is OLD so I know he's not spending a lot on leasing the machines.. only the cardio stuff is really up to date, but who cares... it's hardcore!

slamd097 is offline Banned
    If You Build It They WIll Come....

I hear ya Bro, all of the gym here are pretty much full of soccor moms that would be offended if you stood up and yelled the weights were heavy and round!! I wear a walk man with some hard shit pounding my ears, and you can definately hear it when you get near me. I have offended all sorts of moms and little wussy men who get near me, and I have had my membership put on temporary hold because of it.....

soccor mom is a bitch.....and she can't drive.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    My gym plays that bullshit dance music..........I swear sometimes I expect to walk in the weight room and see a disco ball hanging from the ceiling..........
    bro...at least it's dance...my gym, at least during the day plays this b.s. soft rock crap...or some slow ass Muzak channel...i don't know who enjoys working out to this crap...but it kills me. That's why i walk in w/ headphones and i walk out w/ headphones...the day my batteries went dead i thought i was going to die...although i was even more pissed off and ended up having a good workout because of it...

oh yea...and to vent while we're on the topic of things pissing me off in the gym...yesterday i'm working out...and i hear some guy grunting and yelling while he's leg pressing...i heard him over my headphones...apparently i didn't have them up loud enough...well i look over and he's screaming and turning purple...while repping out at 100mph on the leg press with one plate on either side...idiots...

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I'd like a gym where it would be acceptable for me to pull out my phallus and repeatedly slap it against 45 pound plates to the tune of "Mary Had a Little Lamb". I don't think it would be asking too much if i was also allowed to put up numerous pictures of my testicles dressed as Abraham Lincoln either. And if it could be done I would also like to be able to defecate into my palm, and hurl my own feces at members I do not care for.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I'd like a gym where it would be acceptable for me to pull out my phallus and repeatedly slap it against 45 pound plates to the tune of "Mary Had a Little Lamb". I don't think it would be asking too much if i was also allowed to put up numerous pictures of my testicles dressed as Abraham Lincoln either. And if it could be done I would also like to be able to defecate into my palm, and hurl my own feces at members I do not care for.

oh my god...i just disrupted class by freaking laughing OUT LOUD!!! Totally worth it just to read about rambo slapping his phallus against the plate...

that is the funniest shit i've read in awhile... (that's for you rambo)

slamd097 is offline Banned
    uuummm...feces??? Hey that would get rid of soccor mom!!!!!
    Bro, YOUR A GENIUS!!! But the only thing i would then suffer thru is working out in more shit!!

i like to sweat to the oldies

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I feel u on that, then u get the guys that go to the gym to socialize and it turns into a giant old person highschool...

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    The gym downtown is full of middle ages moms and full of physical therapy patients. The gym here at the college is a little better, but the gym at my local high school is the shit. Small room full of mirrows, and rusted plates, it pumps me up.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    You better but in some black rusty machines....none of this pretty white hammer strength......also maybe a needle dispenser

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I wuold not want to go a gym that didn't have an abundant supply of hot young women. I probably spend too much time doing cardio and need something good to look at.

mammoth is offline Member
    If you open a gym that suits only your needs then that is the only type of members that will join. Problem with that is you will not make enough money to keep a gym open by limiting your membership as such. Gyms are not cheap to run. Aside from the typical bills you also have liability insurance that is not cheap.

If you are going to run it yourself as a legitimate business then you need to cater to all types to be able to get as many members to join. I know it sucks but that is just the way it is. Either way good luck.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Catamount
    You better but in some black rusty machines....none of this pretty white hammer strength......also maybe a needle dispenser
    whats the matter with white hammer strength??!?!?!!

TheGame826 is offline Member
    my gym is the most hardcore gym around. Its always dark inside. The neches are black with red padding. The bars arent chromed and evry place is the real olympic style. theres an xtreme powerhouse and a ballys not to far from the gym but it still manages to stay alive. and no wonder cuz its awsome. The music is always blasting heavy shit. sometimes theres a guy giving tatoos there. But the thing that makes it the most hardcore of all. Theres no a/c in the summer. i love it.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mammoth
    If you open a gym that suits only your needs then that is the only type of members that will join. Problem with that is you will not make enough money to keep a gym open by limiting your membership as such. Gyms are not cheap to run. Aside from the typical bills you also have liability insurance that is not cheap.

If you are going to run it yourself as a legitimate business then you need to cater to all types to be able to get as many members to join. I know it sucks but that is just the way it is. Either way good luck.
    I have been lookin into opening a franchised gym down in ft. Lauderdale, boca region and out in L.A. Thing with gym is like a lot of people said is they are not cheap.. It sucks that most gyms dont cator to the needs of people like us but their is not enough profit in something like that because there is not enough people like us...
    One way to go is to open a private gym, just to all ur freinds, their would be now staff, no rules, and everyone donates the same amount of money toward getting it goin.. A lot of cops have gyms a long these lines... GOOD luck..

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Mine does too, I have a hard time squatting to the Backstreet Boys

Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    Mine does too, I have a hard time squatting to the Backstreet Boys
    Hear hear...

Nothing like taking off my earphones for a minute and hearing Céline Dion, Abba or the Village People blaring all over the gym... *gag*

Oh well, it's all I can afford ... It'll just have to do.

Red

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    that would be the ish to open your own gym and run it how you want, i hate working out to "skater boi" or "whomp thier it is" One time though I did get all hyped up to "everybody was kung fu fighting" it was pretty cool. Im just tired of all these gym's where you have to wait for weights or bench's because some person wants to do 10set of 10 to really feel the burn ,, good luck on your mission

Krulintent is offline Junior Member
    I work out at a place called Hercules here in Syracuse. The guy who owns it is the former Mr NY, and he's a natural pro. If you want hardcore, and you're in the area, check it out. The place looks like a dungean, but more muscle comes out of there than any place in Syracuse. We bring in our own cd's to work out to, which is always nice. There's always at least 1 person prepping for a show, at any given point when you're there. It's a small place, with a small number of members. Few enough that you could know every one of their names. It does well enough to pay the bills, and there's a hookup for anything you could need. Lawyers, cops, doctors, ....you name it...and pick up your needles at the door, 'cause 90% of the members juice. Watch where you sit in the locker rooms!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    The first gym I ever joined when I was 15 yrs old was like a dungeon. Probally held 40 people max. It stunk and the windows were always fogged. I was scared. I remember asking a guy, how he got so big and he said I eat alot of peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. I went home and ate 5 that day. Oh the gulible.

Thread Information