Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member

People are such a$$holes

I bought a new car amplifier on ebay to go with my new sub. Jbl bp600.1 600 watt amp. First off the guy had the nerve to ask me for $25 extra after i won the auction saying he needed it for shipping even though i'd paid the full amount including shipping. He said he messed up when he put in the amount for shpiping. Me being the nice guy i am sent him $25 more on paypal. 2nd he advertised it on ebay as being 1200 watts when it's only 600. I was going to let that slide too. However I finally get the amp 3 weeks after i won the auction. I'm real excited go install it in my car and guess what. The goddamn thing doesn't work. The neon that lights the logo lights up but neither of the power leds come on and NO SOUND at all comes out. I speficially emailed the guy before the auction and asked him if it worked ok and he said yes. Why do people have to be such assholes?? This is the second time i've gotten something off ebay and it didn't work right. The first time it worked for a week and then broke now this one doesn't even work off the bat. I'm sure this guy knew it was broken and it was packed real good so i doubt it broke in shipping. I'm in the process of trying to contact him but i'm sure he'll have some lame ass excuse about how he never said it worked or some bs like that. In which case any of you bros in ohio want to do me a big favor? Sorry for the rant and useless post. Anyone else gotten screwed on ebay?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    send it back for sure. if not, turn around and sell it again on ebay. that's what i'd do if you want your money back

I'm not a dick though... if i sold it on ebay i would say it was broken and probably wouldn't get half the money i paid for it.... I dont know if this guy is going to let me send it back or not. He hasn't replied to the email i sent him 3 days ago but I just got his supposed phone number from ebay and am going to try and call him tommorow.

OF COURSE, i just got an email back from this asshole saying he had the amp "professionaly installed and uninstalled so it's now in ups hands".

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    bs buddy. tell him it doesn't work that way. As the seller, he's responsible for delivering you the item as promised as per EBAY rules. If he doens't give you a working amp, you get your money back. No questions. I would say something to this nature to him.

"Dear sir:
    I regret to inform you that the amplifier that you sold me does not work. I will send it back to you as soon as you return the money that i spent on it, or if you would prefer, i can send it with delivery confirmation back to you, then you can send me the money. If you do not do this, i will bring you up on fraud charges. Ebay and the federal government take fraud very seriously."

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    go with cris's idea, its probaly some doushbag kid who sold it to you, and will probaly freak if he thinks a lawsuit is comming his way. dont forget to mention that you already talked to your lawyer and if he does not give you the $ tell him you wil serve him.

Raven8264 is offline Junior Member
    Did you bother checking his rating history before buying from him? Never, ever buy anything expensive from someone who doesn't have a good history, cuz you're just asking to get ripped off. Someone with a history of positive feedback is someone who wants to stick around long-term, and won't screw you like the one-timers will.

Good advice above, too. I know Paypal has protection, but obviously you'll be in better shape if you're using a CCard (who can charge back the money if you contest it) through PayPal versus a checking account.

mfenske is offline Member
    If you do get rid of it and need about a kilowatt or so of power I suggest looking in to amplifiers from Rockford Fosgate, DEI (DEI, Viper, Orion), Crossfire, or just about any other reputable company. I am guessing that you want a monoblock amp that utilizes class D technology. If you have questions shoot me a PM or something. Mark

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    That sucks. If this keeps up, EBAY is gonna be a dead site in about two years. Word of mouth, especially on the internet spreads SO QUICK. Chain letters go around the world net in two days. Everyone is hearing about complaints and fraud on EBAY. My brother paid 800 dollars 2 months ago for an auto dvd player surround sound system and the guy didnt send it certified when asked. The package showed to be sent by tracking but appearntly someone snagged the package or the guy probably never sent it. So he is out 800 dollars.
    TOO MANY COMPLAINTS.

Kazza sucks now because of the RDAA. After those lawsuits for stealing music, no one keeps their shared files open anymore. I cant find any songs any longer when 5 months ago, I found EVERYTHING I WANTED.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Sell it on e-bay, or go kick the fuckers ass (j/k) hmm....Try selling it back to him since he ripped you off.

I emailed this douche bag and told him that i wanted my money back or i was gonna contact ebay on fraud charges and call my lawyer. If he doesn't reply by fri i'm going to get a friend of mine to call him and tell him he is my lawyer and that charges are being brought against him. I hope I can get my $$$ back. This guy had 32 positive feedbacks with an 100% feedback rating. I guess ebay is going to shit

Thread Information