Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Is anyone else sick and tired of LeBron James?

I am sick of this guy. he is everywhere, and everyone is calling him the best thing ever and his team sucks ass and its only been a hand ful of games. I was sick of hearing about him when he was in high school, now everyone is on the James train and who really cares? so are you a James fan? I would be happy if I didnt hear his name for a freakin week.

MS

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Carmelo's Better, Carmelo's Better, Carmelo's Better!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Get used to it. You're going to be hearing him for about the next 15 years. Sorry.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I'm still trying to figure out how he drove around a hummer in high school

nj juice is offline Member
    you're right carmelo anthony is definately better, i wish they would go one-on-one maybe during all-star weekend or someting.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    Get used to it. You're going to be hearing him for about the next 15 years. Sorry.

I know thats why im mad

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catamount
    I'm still trying to figure out how he drove around a hummer in high school
    His mom bought it for him with a loan. The loan company knew LeBron would be making the money, so she got the loan.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Never heard of em............

peam is offline Suspended
    I would have loved to see him play when they came to portland... only to see what all the fuss is about. I heard he's good but he jumps incredibly high, for tips and stuff. Don't know... that came from a hardcore basketball player/fan so... I don't know if her opinion was biased. Anyhow... It's insane how much money he has... think if I write to him he'll give me some money for college? I'll send a picture along too

sorta yes....sorta no

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    I am sick of this guy. he is everywhere, and everyone is calling him the best thing ever and his team sucks ass and its only been a hand ful of games. I was sick of hearing about him when he was in high school, now everyone is on the James train and who really cares? so are you a James fan? I would be happy if I didnt hear his name for a freakin week.

MS
    ....being somewhere between the ages of 28 and 38 it just seems wrong for a kid to just took off his graduation hat and opened a checking account and deposited over 90 million..this kid hasnt paid any lifes dues yet and he is making more than this entire board put together and will continue to do so for 12-15 yrs...thats just wrong.....but on the other hand having played the game myself certainly not on his level right now but the talent that he does have right out of high school, to be able to run up and down a court for 82+ games a season is impressive...and to start too!!i play 3-4 games 2x weekly full court and believe me its tough getting up the next day for work..but i go back and do it again week in and week out..i think its a great physical thing for him to demand his body to do that...look at us--we put ourselves under alot of metal 5-6x weekly..basically all yr around..thats a great physical thing!!!but we dont get 90 million to deposite....
    Last edited by MR PHATT ASS; 11-11-2003 at 11:59 PM.

cb25 is offline Banned
    I don't like the fact that he's making an incredible amount of money w/o having done anything for it *yet* I say yet, because he has the potential to be a superstar in the league, if he works hard.

No one deserve $90million - especially an 18 year old. That being said - you have to respect (or at least recognize) the kid's game. He's not a pure scorer, but has a knack for running the floor and his passes are incredible. IF he works hard and continues to play hard, he'll be great...i just hope he's not another Harold Miner (baby Jordan, anyone?). That being said...i think he's going to be around for a while.

and my vote goes to lebron over carmelo...long run. 'Melo may score more now...but in the long run, i think James becomes more of an impact player

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    so sick I want to puke... and I'm not even an NBA fan!!

TheGame826 is offline Member
    hopefully he will injure himself bad enough to take himself out for good. Its not he already isnt rich i heard nike signed an 85 million dollar contract with levron.

either way i hate the kid, wish him the worst of luck. carmelo anthonys def better.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    That's real nice, Game. WTF?

Anyway, I was born and grew up in Akron, and continure to be a Cleveland sports fan. So, no. I am not sick of it.

Having said that, the hype is ridiculous. Even though he has already far surpassed local expectations, the blatant hero-worship wears thin. Its sad how the media places any athlete on a pedestal, especially one who has proven nothing. He will never be able to match the wild expectations. He is not a god. He's just an incredibly talented athlete. Another thing is that I hear he is a good and level-headed kid. My cousin went to St.V-M, and graduated a year ahead of Lebron. Said Lebron was never out partying, didn't do stupid shit, or hang out with the "wrong crowd," and that he seemed like a genuinely nice kid. His mother is a different story . . .

I don't know if he is the "next Mike," but he has already been the best player on the floor in the four games I've watched. I am tired of the blaring hype machine though. I say we just let them play, and measure their greatness after they retire.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Testify
    That's real nice, Game. WTF?

Anyway, I was born and grew up in Akron, and continure to be a Cleveland sports fan. So, no. I am not sick of it.

Having said that, the hype is ridiculous. Even though he has already far surpassed local expectations, the blatant hero-worship wears thin. Its sad how the media places any athlete on a pedestal, especially one who has proven nothing. He will never be able to match the wild expectations. He is not a god. He's just an incredibly talented athlete. Another thing is that I hear he is a good and level-headed kid. My cousin went to St.V-M, and graduated a year ahead of Lebron. Said Lebron was never out partying, didn't do stupid shit, or hang out with the "wrong crowd," and that he seemed like a genuinely nice kid. His mother is a different story . . .

I don't know if he is the "next Mike," but he has already been the best player on the floor in the four games I've watched. I am tired of the blaring hype machine though. I say we just let them play, and measure their greatness after they retire.
    Exactly - let them play - we'll analyze it later. Although you know that's not how America works...we need to exploit things early and often...

i may be envious of his position, but i still wish the kid the best of luck

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR PHATT ASS
    ....being somewhere between the ages of 28 and 38 it just seems wrong for a kid to just took off his graduation hat and opened a checking account and deposited over 90 million..this kid hasnt paid any lifes dues yet and he is making more than this entire board put together and will continue to do so for 12-15 yrs...thats just wrong.....but on the other hand having played the game myself certainly not on his level right now but the talent that he does have right out of high school, to be able to run up and down a court for 82+ games a season is impressive...and to start too!!i play 3-4 games 2x weekly full court and believe me its tough getting up the next day for work..but i go back and do it again week in and week out..i think its a great physical thing for him to demand his body to do that...look at us--we put ourselves under alot of metal 5-6x weekly..basically all yr around..thats a great physical thing!!!but we dont get 90 million to deposite....
    I dont think its wrong... Bottom line is the kid is tallanted, and in the society we live in people with various talents get rewarded greatly for those talents they may possses. Its like performers, if u can sing u can sing, and u will get paid... Also think of it this way every one is sick of seeing this guy.... Well Nike invested 90 million, Nike is just marketing their investment.....

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Also how u can some one truely hate some one they have never met... Hitler, yes, a pro athlete who ever they are no.... Seriously, i have met pro atheletes in various sports, and have a couple freinds that play pro football.... They way TV portrays people to have a different persanaloty then they really do...

Thread Information