Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

This would make a awsome movie war triology

First movie begins before ww2 with the rising of the third reicht.
    The whole first movie is spent on ww2 but a alternate ww2. In this ww2 hitler doesnt make all the stupid misstakes and defetats both russia and uk, japan doesnt drag usa into war(and therefor usa never develops a nuke in that time period) and germany takes over all of europe and japan conquers asia.
    I dont know what part australia, south america and africa would play, maby they would have some part in the later movies.

second move, a new cold war but this time with 3 major players, Japan, Germany and USA. The alliance betwen Japan and Germany is destroyed by some event(maby usa stages something that makes germany think japan has betrayed them) and a full scale war betwen those 2 begins at the same time as the german, japan and us navy battles all over the oceans in the world. The movie ends with one of the super powers testing a first nuke.

Third movie this I dont know what it should be like, it could be a feary tale and usa defeats all. Or maby japan and germany once again becomes allies(if usa was the one that developed the nuke)and invades usa. In this movie the 3 powers are totaly in ruins, cities destroyed, armys tired and weak. A very dark and depressing movie in every sence and a dark depressing ending would be most suitable.

The movie have several parts where you follow the soldiers in battle both in air, on the sea and on land. But also alot of story building parts following the leaders of the nations and going semi deep into the politics and resource management of the whole thing. The whole triology would take place over like 20 years or atleast 15. That would make it perfect to follow patriotic rookies in the first movie that in the third movie have become battle scared veterans that doesnt care for anything anymore.

nj juice is offline Member
    Sounds pretty good; are you a screenwriter or something man?

Isn't it true that Hitler would have won the war had he not been too stubborn to listen to his generals telling him to wait for the spring before invading Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by nj juice
    Sounds pretty good; are you a screenwriter or something man?

Isn't it true that Hitler would have won the war had he not been too stubborn to listen to his generals telling him to wait for the spring before invading Russia?
    Nah no screenwriter lol I just like to play around with ideas in my head.

No history buff either, but seems like if hitler had let his generals do what they wanted then germany might have won the war.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Know what would have won the war??/
    If Japan didnt bomb us.
    I dont know what lame ass suggested they bomb us.
    If they were smart, they would have left us alone while we sit back oblivious to what was going on on the other side of the world.

Fuck, once again, America is fighting a war on 3 different fronts and we STILL KICKED ASS. Just think about it. We were fighting Japan over there and still had enough POWER to fight in Europe and WON BOTH WAR FRONTS. We are FUCKING AWESOME.

Heres how you start the movie:
    Japan holds off it's bombing of pearl harbor. This in turn lets Hitler conquer all of Europe, england, etc. Without the major aid of the US, Germany takes over.
    Now Japan bombs us and GERMANY bombs us. We then are in a defensive war on two fronts without any allies cause they are all defeated.
    Im sure America could hold em off and keep Canada and Mexico under our protection, but it would be a very different place with Japan and Germany in power.

Have you ever wanted to go back in history and give the other side some awesome weapon that hasnt been invented for 400 hundred years. Like go to the mid eval times and bring with you a tank or a couple machine guns with ammo. That would be great.
    So now, they know how to make guns in 1300. In the year 2000, think how advanced a gun would be.

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    Germany wasn't as powerfull as you guys think. They just outmanuvered france, they didn't really hurt them much but they still got the country. Saying germany could have taken over all of europe and england is like saying england could have taken over all of europe and russia if hitler was in charge. Both have simular populations and could produce the same number of troops.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    Germany wasn't as powerfull as you guys think. They just outmanuvered france, they didn't really hurt them much but they still got the country. Saying germany could have taken over all of europe and england is like saying england could have taken over all of europe and russia if hitler was in charge. Both have simular populations and could produce the same number of troops.

You dont think Germany could have taken England?
    I know they had a hard time with Russia being in the snow and ice. There tanks werent equiped for the frost.

Our salvation army could probably defeat France. Throw some blenders and toasters at em.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    There are literally dozens of novels based on an alternate history of WWII. While I'm sure that none of them use your exact storyline, I would say that one of them is pretty close (because most of them have Hitler defeating the Allies). The only one that I have read was based on the south winning the civil war, and when the world wars came around the north and south were on different sides. Pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    There are literally dozens of novels based on an alternate history of WWII. While I'm sure that none of them use your exact storyline, I would say that one of them is pretty close (because most of them have Hitler defeating the Allies). The only one that I have read was based on the south winning the civil war, and when the world wars came around the north and south were on different sides. Pretty interesting.

Thats cool what is the name of that novel??

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Actually, its a series of three novels. The trilogy is called The Great War, written by Harry Turtledove.

roch is offline Member
    I'll have to read that trilogy. oh and johan, keep that kinda thinking up and then start writing the stories that go along with them. all you have to have is a good idea and a knack to hang in there while writing it. you could be the next tolstoy eh...

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich

Our salvation army could probably defeat France. Throw some blenders and toasters at em.

good one....funniest thing i have heard all day!

Quote Originally Posted by roch
    I'll have to read that trilogy. oh and johan, keep that kinda thinking up and then start writing the stories that go along with them. all you have to have is a good idea and a knack to hang in there while writing it. you could be the next tolstoy eh...
    `
    When I was younger I wrote alot of short stories but they where more or less crap. But it was fun. Might give it a shot sometime again, could probably write some realy wierd sci fi story lol

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    There was an HBO movie called "Father Land", who's plot was that Germany was not defeated in WWII.

Just to give everyone a quick history lesson here are some reasons that certain things did and did not happen during WWII.
    Germany was not fully prepared for WWII when it began. Hilter had planned for a full scale war in 1944, not 1939 when it began. Hitler lacked many critical components that were needed to win. His navy was vastly inferior in both terms of numbers and types of ships he had at his disposal. The Royal navy had a tremendous advantage in numbers that hitler could not possibly match. Hilter's Navy also went through all of WWII with out an aircraft carrier. Every navy in the world had multiple carriers at this time. It is important to realize though, that at this time battle ships were still seen as the dominant ship in naval warfare. The carrier was seen as a support ship for the battleship. It was not until after pearl harbor that people realized that the battle ship was obsolete and that the carriers were the most important ship. Even so, Hitler did not have enough of any ship to match the more powerful Navies of the time. One thing that was used correctly was the U-boats, but still there was not enough. England forgot valuable lessons of WWI. The U-boats of WWI almost starved England into submission, and they did it again in WWII. Engalnd had forgotten how serious of a threat they were. The admiral of the German Navy, Carl Dernitz had said that if he had an 50 more u-boats at the start of WWII, Englands food supply would have been cut off.
    Air power. Germany lacked a long range 4-engine bomber for all of WWII. Germany was never able to lauch air strikes deep into the Urals of Russia ( vast amounts of Russian T-34 tanks were produced there) because of this. Hitler believed he could win with the 2-engine bomber's he had in his arsenal. This was because his air marshal Herman Goring told him so. The problem was Goring was a "yes man". He told Hitler what he wanted to hear instead of the truth.
    The German declaration of war on the United States. Proably one of Hitlers biggest mistakes, and the one that really sealed his fate. After Pearl Harbor was attacked the U.S was NOT at war with Germany. Germany decalered war on the U.S.. The reason Hitler did this is because he belived that by decalring war on the U.S., Japan would go to war with Russia and open a second front and attack Russia from it's eastern borders. This never happened and so Hitler more or less shot himself in the foot by going to war with the U.S..
    The Russian front. Hitler was impatient, instead of finishing his battle with England, he opened a second front with the invasion of Russia (operation barbarosa). This did two things, it put a far greater burden on the German war machine, and it gave England enough breathing room to recover and fight back.
    Hitler himself. People think that Hitler was a military genius, he was not. He was a politician not a general. The German victories were Hitlers ambition, but the planning and tactics were the work of his generals. When the Russian campaign began Hitler put himself in charge of all military operations, down to the smallest detail. This is when Geramany began to lose. He ignored his generals and ignored obvious facts. So as much as Hilter was responsible for Geramnany's victories, he is responsible for it's defeats as well.
    Geramany came close to winning WWII, but luckily the Allies prevailed and saved the world from Hilters dreams of world domination.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    JohnDoe, good history post there bro, it's been a while since I've read those things, nice to catch up and remember some of the things from grade 9 histroy

someday is offline Member
    Yah but its also important to remember that in Japan's eyes we declared war on them before they attacked us by cutting off thier supply of oil and in so doing that doomed thier country to death..... Also if i remember right the U.S. declared war on Germany before they declared war on Japan. There was other reasons we went to war with Germany as well....The Zimmerman Telegram played a pivotal part in Americas decision to go to war also the fact that Germany started killing Americans at sea by sinking ships with American passengers aboard.....Theres allot more there than anybody cares to read about....allot of which is just now becoming unclassified.

Quote Originally Posted by someday
    Yah but its also important to remember that in Japan's eyes we declared war on them before they attacked us by cutting off thier supply of oil and in so doing that doomed thier country to death..... Also if i remember right the U.S. declared war on Germany before they declared war on Japan. There was other reasons we went to war with Germany as well....The Zimmerman Telegram played a pivotal part in Americas decision to go to war also the fact that Germany started killing Americans at sea by sinking ships with American passengers aboard.....Theres allot more there than anybody cares to read about....allot of which is just now becoming unclassified.
    Sorry bro, you've got your World wars mixed up. The Zimmerman telegram was in WWI, and if you're referring to the sinking of the Lusitania that was also WWI. In WWII Germany declared war on the U.S. first.

Quote Originally Posted by someday
    You are correct however about the U.S. oil embargo with Japan. That is one of the reasons why they felt war was their only options.

Thread Information