Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Anyone collect swords and similar stuff?

I would love to have real functional vikingswords, axes or hammer to hang on my walls. Does anyone here collect swords like that and do you know any place to buy high quality sharpened swords or axes for decent prices(or hammers havent found one god damn webshop that sells war hammers)??

Would love to have these babys

http://www.jelldragon.com/images/spe...g_sword_1b.jpg

http://www.gavelins.com/sword/pics/p...s/083-pp-1.jpg

http://www.knightsofthule.se/butik/b...ro´s%20axe.jpg

http://www.paul-binns-swords.co.uk/p...pear_large.jpg

Im also interested in more stylish fantasy based swords as long as they are not to flashy. I want them to look and feel like they realy could be used!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    my dad used to get this magazine US Cavalry which had some pretty bad ass stuff in it as far as swords go. Also had top of the line paintball guns, chinese starts, just sweet stuff you could go kill someone with. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    my dad used to get this magazine US Cavalry which had some pretty bad ass stuff in it as far as swords go. Also had top of the line paintball guns, chinese starts, just sweet stuff you could go kill someone with. Haha.
    Just checked they had some cool LOTR swords damn this one is a beauty
    http://www.uscav.com/prodInfo/enlarged/22109L.jpg

but why ohh why do they have to make them in stainless steel

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I have a room in my house that has nothing but olg gothic style art, medevil swords, axes and stuff...........

Some of the swords I get from Knights Edge......... most of the stuff is functional. Also the prices are not bad.

Knights Edge

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I have a room in my house that has nothing but olg gothic style art, medevil swords, axes and stuff...........

Some of the swords I get from Knights Edge......... most of the stuff is functional. Also the prices are not bad.

Knights Edge
    Awsome, you arent by any chans tired of any of the swords and willing to sell them

got any custom made ones?

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Awsome, you arent by any chans tired of any of the swords and willing to sell them

got any custom made ones?
    nope.............. No I haven't gotten any custom made but I do want to buy a authentic kights sword........... there's a shop in New Hope, PA called Against the Grain that sells nothing but medevil stuff....... some of the swords are thousands of dollars but I think it wouild be cool to have something that someone used hundreds of yeas ago to defend himself.

Is this something you're just getting into collecting?

nope.............. No I haven't gotten any custom made but I do want to buy a authentic kights sword........... there's a shop in New Hope, PA called Against the Grain that sells nothing but medevil stuff....... some of the swords are thousands of dollars but I think it wouild be cool to have something that someone used hundreds of yeas ago to defend himself.

Is this something you're just getting into collecting?
    yeah dont have a single sword yet and a thight college budget. But I dont want any stainless steel crap so Im probably going to spend atleast 300$ on my first sword. Im thinking about a Paul Binn sword but they are a bit pricy
    http://www.paul-binns-swords.co.uk

Because Im swedish viking swords, hammers and axes is what interests me most!

Would be realy awsome to have a authentic one in good condition

yeah dont have a single sword yet and a thight college budget. But I dont want any stainless steel crap so Im probably going to spend atleast 300$ on my first sword. Im thinking about a Paul Binn sword but they are a bit pricy
    http://www.paul-binns-swords.co.uk

Because Im swedish viking swords, hammers and axes is what interests me most!

Would be realy awsome to have a authentic one in good condition
    That's sounds like a good plan........... because when I was younger and had no money I bought some junk swords and end up throwing them away...........

I was always interested in Medevil times, knights, and all that stuff so that's why I started collecting them.............. Do they ever have Medevil Fares in Sweeden? They have them here in the US and they are very cool to go to.

Authentic swords in good condition are going for $4000 and up and the US. Sucks but one day I will have one and I also want a suit of Armor to put in that room............. That would be cool.

That's sounds like a good plan........... because when I was younger and had no money I bought some junk swords and end up throwing them away...........

I was always interested in Medevil times, knights, and all that stuff so that's why I started collecting them.............. Do they ever have Medevil Fares in Sweeden? They have them here in the US and they are very cool to go to.

Authentic swords in good condition are going for $4000 and up and the US. Sucks but one day I will have one and I also want a suit of Armor to put in that room............. That would be cool.
    I think they have a viking fare every year here in sweden somewhere but not to sure, have to check into it. 4000$ ohh man this isnt a cheap hobby lol.
    A armor would be very nice LoL if the cops comes to you trying to take your juice its just put on the armor, grab the biggest god damn sword and charge them. Not that you would survive but it would scare the hell out of them

I think they have a viking fare every year here in sweden somewhere but not to sure, have to check into it. 4000$ ohh man this isnt a cheap hobby lol.
    A armor would be very nice LoL if the cops comes to you trying to take your juice its just put on the armor, grab the biggest god damn sword and charge them. Not that you would survive but it would scare the hell out of them
    Yeah it's expensive all right

It would be worth it just to see the looks on thier faces

You should check out the fare when you get a chance...........if it's like the Medevil fare then it's a lot of fun........ some of the people that go even get into charecter......... That isn't for me.

You should check out the fare when you get a chance...........if it's like the Medevil fare then it's a lot of fun........ some of the people that go even get into charecter......... That isn't for me.

Nah not for me either I could never play a character like that.
    Do they sell real swords and stuff on the fares over there??

Nah not for me either I could never play a character like that.
    Do they sell real swords and stuff on the fares over there??
    I have yet to see functional swords but thay do have tents set up with really nice swords that could be sharpened and also some junk but that's to be expected.

I have yet to see functional swords but thay do have tents set up with really nice swords that could be sharpened and also some junk but that's to be expected.

Is it easy to sharpen a sword??

btw do you have any stainlees steel swords and do they look diferently from real swords??

I have never had any swords sharpen. I either get "functional" ones or leave them as is.......... My brother collected Samari Swords (he does Karate) and had one sharpen........... it wasn't cheap and you need to find a shop that knows what they are doing.... if not they can ruin the finish.

Yes mine are stainless steel................. they are shinier than real swords. The real ones are dull and have a greyish look to them............ so really the repos are more attrative looking.

I have never had any swords sharpen. I either get "functional" ones or leave them as is.......... My brother collected Samari Swords (he does Karate) and had one sharpen........... it wasn't cheap and you need to find a shop that knows what they are doing.... if not they can ruin the finish.

Yes mine are stainless steel................. they are shinier than real swords. The real ones are dull and have a greyish look to them............ so really the repos are more attrative looking.
    Hum ok I thought it was the other way around. Then maby il start my collection with the gandalf sword, maby not functional but very nice looking

Cool................ no the ones I saw that were authentic and are made of steel are not shiny and are dull.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    i collect martial arts weapons....love the nunchucks....im pretty good with them too. i love swords especilly samuri. i want a wall like yours mudman.

do any of you guys know how to use the weapons. im good with the chucks and swords. this summer going to teach my self 3 section staff and eventualy the sias. do you guys practice or just collect?

Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    do any of you guys know how to use the weapons. im good with the chucks and swords. this summer going to teach my self 3 section staff and eventualy the sias. do you guys practice or just collect?
    Havent started to collect yet lol, but I would sure like to learn how to handle a sword.

no I don't use them.............. plus they are pretty heavy to be swinging around the house

do any of you guys know how to use the weapons.
    If you want to learn to use a Samurai sword, look into your areas dojos for Kendo and Iaido.

Kendo is the art of sword fighting, and Iaido is the art of drawing killing and re-shelving the sword in one fluid and fast motion.

Red

thanx red...i have looked into kendo but i practice on my on time for fun. im going to check out a gracie ju jitsu dojo that i just found out about. if im going to take lessons on fighting i want to learn the most street aplicable technique. i would love to learn kendo, but i could not carry my sword with me where ever i went.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I got a couple, my friend has more. He got me interested a while ago, they are pretty cool things, but also expensive, so I don't have many.

I have one silver dragon sword, one long sword and a mini-sword/dagger. Only the long dagger is built to be used kinda, the other two are more of a display/collection item (altho you could still do easy damage with them). Next one my list was a samurai set, but those can be damn expensive, and I need money for juice

Got knives and stuff too, they are cheaper, butterfly knife, some throwers, 2 auto's, and just recently baught a lighter that is also a side-opening auto. It's pretty neat, but only 2 inch blade on it.

www.knifezilla.com is a site worth checking out.

Another thing I wanted pretty bad is a sword/cane, the ones that are hidden inside a cane, I saw it on some site, but also expensive.

Terinox is offline The One & Only

i would love to learn kendo, but i could not carry my sword with me where ever i went.
    Well, Kendo and Iaido are arts you learn purely for the pleasure of practicing them. They hold very little real-life applications (though many Kendo techniques can be used with a stick to inflict some wicked injuries).

My dojo had a Kendo group before my Aikido classes started and I used to love coming in early to watch them... was a thing of beauty! I joined in a few classes with a borrowed armor, but there is no way I could afford the Kendo armor to do it full time.

Red

I think its sad that everything is about asian martial arts nowdays. Like the vikings version of wrestling(glima wrestling I think its called) is only done on iceland nowdays and Im sure the vikings had some wicked sword fighting techniques also atleast the elite units. But its all forgotten . Everyone is teached that the vikings where just barbarians but that is just so wrong

I think its sad that everything is about asian martial arts nowdays.
    Actually I have to disagree...

Around here I do know they have a norse fighting club where they learn to fight with axes and big ass swords and all... one of my good friends (a pretty big bro and greco-roman wrestling coach!) was a member for years but had to quit when his wrists gave out.

There is also a few SCA type of clubs where they learn to use midevial weapons. They are really more into the fighting than the SCA "re-enactment" dressup and stuff. They really beat the shit out of each other... their armor gets destroyed.

Red

BDTR is offline Retired
    About time someone said it..

I think its sad that everything is about asian martial arts nowdays. Like the vikings version of wrestling(glima wrestling I think its called) is only done on iceland nowdays and Im sure the vikings had some wicked sword fighting techniques also atleast the elite units. But its all forgotten . Everyone is teached that the vikings where just barbarians but that is just so wrong

brandon707 is offline Junior Member
    i know i probably entered too late but i collect benchmade knives. i just bought one that is all kevlar and titanium with a bicarbonate blade.

its model 523/1000 and it was $260

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Actually I have to disagree...

Around here I do know they have a norse fighting club where they learn to fight with axes and big ass swords and all... one of my good friends (a pretty big bro and greco-roman wrestling coach!) was a member for years but had to quit when his wrists gave out.

There is also a few SCA type of clubs where they learn to use midevial weapons. They are really more into the fighting than the SCA "re-enactment" dressup and stuff. They really beat the shit out of each other... their armor gets destroyed.

Red
    Man that is pretty fucking bad ass would love something like that but I guess it would be horribly expensive. To bad I have never even heard of anything similar in sweden .Sweden once a great nation and one of the most feared nations in europe is now a bunch of wimps

But I guess its the fault of entire europe. Asians are proud of their warrior ancestors and keeps practicing the same arts and ways, while europeans think they are far above their warrior past and wants to forgett how ruthless we once where. Thats bullshit imo
    I would like to se a battle hardened viking against some damn samuraj that would be cool
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 11-18-2003 at 05:54 AM.

Thread Information