BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Grbac Killed? Can anyone confirm this?

My friend in KY and I were chatting on AIM and he said that he swears a radio report this morning stated that Elvis Grbac ahd died in a car wreck, but since then hasn't heard anything and we have been unable to find anything online. He is NOT the kind of guy who would make this up, so it's either A)true or B)some sick radio schtick. Has anyone heard anything about this? I know this is how rumors get started, but this guy insists he heard it and he's the most honest person i know...so we're just trying to figure out whether or not it was real or a joke.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    My friend in KY and I were chatting on AIM and he said that he swears a radio report this morning stated that Elvis Grbac ahd died in a car wreck, but since then hasn't heard anything and we have been unable to find anything online. He is NOT the kind of guy who would make this up, so it's either A)true or B)some sick radio schtick. Has anyone heard anything about this? I know this is how rumors get started, but this guy insists he heard it and he's the most honest person i know...so we're just trying to figure out whether or not it was real or a joke.
    I have not heard anything....I hope it is not true!

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    no flame ...but who is that

He was at one time a pretty solid NFL quarterback. I believe he last played for Baltimore? He's definitely not in the league this year, that much I know. At any rate, this has started to pop up on a few discussion boards centered around disparate topics, so there's at least truth to the fact that someone is reporting this. Whether that report is true or not is what I'd like to know.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I just checked cleveland.com, since he is from the area, and there is no mention of this as of 3:15.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, he started with the 49rs, played a few years in KC and then was with Baltimore.

I haven't found anything to back up his death

I haven't found a thing either, so I'm writing it off as some kind of radio gag that went awry or was done in poor taste? I'd say my buddy was hearing things, but the "rumor" popped up on all three discussion boards at which I participate (one a law school discussion board, one a sports discussion and AR) so it seems unlikely that he's the only one who heard it. Very weird.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    If there is a story, you will find it on Google News

Nothing so far.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, havent heard anything my self...

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    If it were true, surely one of us would have heard or read something about it by now. Hope it's not. I just watched the ticker on ESPN and it didn't say anything.

Thread Information