BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

I forgot to tell you guys. I bought a new bike a few weeks ago.

Yup, I was looking for something fun to play with. Not another rice rocket. Basically I have liked any trail bikes I've ever owned so went looking and bought this one.

Its not the quickest in the world, but wheelies off the gas in 1,2 and 3rd gears and is simplcity itself to hold up. I'll try get some wheelie photos sometime soon. Oh and stoppies are real fun up that high on a trailie.

Its a Honda NX650 Dominator.

Here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I forgot to tell you guys. I bought a new bike a few weeks ago.-nx650-28thsept.03.b.jpg  

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    hehe screw the I am lookin at your beautiful landscape... did you do all the greenthumb stuff yourself?

Christ thats my kind of bike!!!

If only I had some spare money... (hard to justify a bike when the riding season is barely 4 months long here, Canadian winter SUCKS!)

Oh well, a man can dream!

Red

Sorry guys, I said I'd get some wheelie photos. But my only photographer is my 11 yr old son and well, this photo is ****. I'll have to get my 35mm SLR out and take some decent one's.

Sorry this photo is the best I can do for the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I forgot to tell you guys. I bought a new bike a few weeks ago.-martins-wheelie.-dec.03a.jpg   I forgot to tell you guys. I bought a new bike a few weeks ago.-martins-wheelie.-dec.03.jpg  

mass junkie is offline banned
    Sweet....I cant wait to get my New Ninja in the next couple of months....ive always considered buying an enduro....just never found one that I like...

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    xr650l 2003 or older? i was thinking about getting a CRF450 for 2004 and make it legal for street with superbike mag and big slicks. the main problem is the transmission... the bike rev at almost 8000 at 150km/h!!!

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Sweet....I cant wait to get my New Ninja in the next couple of months....ive always considered buying an enduro....just never found one that I like...
    Mass I found the PERFECT bike for you!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I forgot to tell you guys. I bought a new bike a few weeks ago.-zyll5.jpg  

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Nice bike bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Its a Honda NX650 Dominator.
    oh man... sorry didnt read it all!!

i never saw this model before... look like a XL to me

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Imagine the wheelies I could do on that thing.....and when I dont wipe good enough I can rub my ass on that big seat....I love it...

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Ohhh yeah! Banana seat, wheelie bars AND chopper forks? Man oh man I would have killed for one of those when I was 10!!!!

Red

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    i never saw this model before... look like a XL to me
    Here's a better view of it. Btw, I'm considering putting on CBR400 17'' wheels and new cans soon. If you wish I'll take some of my CBR1000F tomorrow, hopefully on the back wheel also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I forgot to tell you guys. I bought a new bike a few weeks ago.-mckee.5thoct.03a.jpg  

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    xr650l 2003 or older? i was thinking about getting a CRF450 for 2004 and make it legal for street with superbike mag and big slicks. the main problem is the transmission... the bike rev at almost 8000 at 150km/h!!!

Just change the rear sprocket up a couple of teeth that way by the time you hit 150k it wont rev so hard...........Hitman

the main problem is the transmission... the bike rev at almost 8000 at 150km/h!!!
    The problem with going for the lower gearing option is that most likely it'll kill your bottom end. Hey your not buying a CRF 450 for top end whack so, keep the gearing low and keep the front end high

Btw, a mate put mag wheels on his CR 450 and loves it.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bouncer are you more into rolling farm land riding or have you ever got into motocross? Im into both but i love the table tops and triple jumps of a moto circut, the all time best bike i had was the KTM 300 what a weapon.........Hitman

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Man, I haven't rode a dirt bike in forever..................hell the last time I rode one it was a Hodaka 150 (sp). I don't even think you guys would even know that brand but back in the day it was a great bike. Broke a few bones on that baby.

Bouncer, now you got me wishin I had a bike to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    Hey Bouncer are you more into rolling farm land riding or have you ever got into motocross? Im into both but i love the table tops and triple jumps of a moto circut, the all time best bike i had was the KTM 300 what a weapon.........Hitman
    Well not on this bike, its a little heavy for that. Although I've toyed around with both, plus done some short circuit racing many yrs ago. If the mag wheels work out too expensive I'm going to throw some Avon Gripsters on this for the road and some light trail work.
    Btw, a friend has the new KTM Duke II (650cc single) and phuking hell its mind blowing, but its too expensive for me.

Oh, now don't laugh. My third bike is a Vespa PX200E scooter which is a bit of a project at the moment.

Bouncer

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    The new bike looks like it would be fun Bouncer. Congrats on the new addition to the family! lol

the scooter is about all the bike I need nowadays. I don't know what it is about me and bikes...I lose all common sense when I get on one.

I use to race many years ago (just local circuit...nothing big like some of you guys) and could ride crazy and never even think about it.

Now I get on one and wreck trying to show these young pukes how to ride. They all feel sorry for the old fart when he falls over.

peace,

ttgb

lol, same here mate. I'm 37 yrs old. My wife and friends say I've a "good devil, Bad devil" on my shoulders. Its funny when their laughing about it, they always make out with the actions of the devils fighting over who's going to control me for the ride!.

Thread Information