NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member

Question No drive, no will, i think im depressed, where can i get help??

Lately I have no drive to do anything. I dont feel like doing schoolwork, I dont feel like going to school, Its hard for me to get up in the morning and all I feel like doing is sitting in my room and watch tv. I know these are all signs of depression, I dont know where it came from. Only place I can think of is girl problems and loneliness.
    I have looked up quotes by Arnold that gave me some inspiration, but that feeling ran out quickly. Is there anyplace I can go to or anything online that you recommend to read to help me out with this??
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, to be totally honest, I would go see a Dr. and you should get diagnosed properly. If it is depression, There are some great Meds out there to help out. (zoloft)

Best of luck, and I hope you begin to feel better

BLT

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    First of all - IMO, you need to address this problem in real time. If you can't go see a doctor, I would at least find a good friend/relative... or a religous figure. Talk to someone... don't dwell on your problems alone when you don't have to. Hopefully family can be a good place for you to start since their support should be the most helpfull... since they are a big part of your life and should support any help you may need.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Lift, when ever I am feeling down I always go to the gym and start working out. My problems always seem to go away when I am in the gym.

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    I understand the whole lifting thing and I am a regular at the gym, but lately I dont even feel like doing that. Thats my whole problem.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Hey sorry to hear that man. I saw you mentioned that you were going to school. If your in college you should be able to see someone free of charge. I would take advantage of it and give it a try. If your not in college or whatever then make sure you at least talk about it to someone. Best of luck man and keep your try to keep your head high.

cb25 is offline Banned
    I totally agree w/ Cat - if you can - see someone at school - most of them offer free counseling in a pretty neutral setting. Sometimes it's hard to talk to family/friends about stuff like this, either because it's weird, or they're just too close to the situation to give you an honest opinion. If you have someone in your life that you'd trust to be honest (friend, family, teacher) then give them a try...sometimes just getting it out in the air rather than shouldering this all yourself will help.

keep your head up bro...

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    pull your head out of your ass and get up and do something!! anything!! depression gets worse if you ponder on it too much. make yourself get up and go for a walk. anything to get your mind jump started.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedPaintoGain
    Lately I have no drive to do anything. I dont feel like doing schoolwork, I dont feel like going to school, Its hard for me to get up in the morning and all I feel like doing is sitting in my room and watch tv. I know these are all signs of depression, I dont know where it came from. Only place I can think of is girl problems and loneliness.
    I have looked up quotes by Arnold that gave me some inspiration, but that feeling ran out quickly. Is there anyplace I can go to or anything online that you recommend to read to help me out with this??
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Bro I know what your going through. I've gone through that crap a bunch of times. The best thing you can do is talk to somebody. Just sitting around and doing nothing will only make it worse, I know because thats what I always used to do. If you dont have anybody to talk to, then just try and keep yourself busy. Try and stay motivated on your workouts, or school, or anything at all to take your mind of being depressed. Good luck man.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    just fine a female to talk with..they always seem to calm me down and lift me up

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    First of all - IMO, you need to address this problem in real time. If you can't go see a doctor, I would at least find a good friend/relative... or a religous figure. Talk to someone... don't dwell on your problems alone when you don't have to. Hopefully family can be a good place for you to start since their support should be the most helpfull... since they are a big part of your life and should support any help you may need.
    So your saying,friends ,family or a regilious figure will help with an chemical embembalence in the mind??????????Just when I thought I heard it all>>>>>>>>>>>

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Go snap one off, that always puts me in a good mood...

or if you can call a booty call, do that... that is always good

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    So your saying,friends ,family or a regilious figure will help with an chemical embembalence in the mind??????????Just when I thought I heard it all>>>>>>>>>>>
    WTF are you talking about! Is it just me or are you fucking with me? I never said talking to people will fix a "chemical imbalance" - I told the dude to go talk to people - for the most part... so people are aware of his situation. I once had a very close friend shoot himself in the head - and NONE of us knew he was anywhere near that depressed. He always seemed good to go. Don't patronize me stud!

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    WTF are you talking about! Is it just me or are you fucking with me? I never said talking to people will fix a "chemical imbalance" - I told the dude to go talk to people - for the most part... so people are aware of his situation. I once had a very close friend shoot himself in the head - and NONE of us knew he was anywhere near that depressed. He always seemed good to go. Don't patronize me stud!
    I understand your point,makes sense.Was not by any means fucking with you.just felt if he knew his situation he would have seeked medical attention ASAP.No flame intended on you here,your a good bro and pass along good advice to others.all the best DB

It's all good...

wiky is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nevaenuf
    Lift, when ever I am feeling down I always go to the gym and start working out. My problems always seem to go away when I am in the gym.
    it can sound simple, but its really true, when i dont feel good mood and home alone, sometimes i dont want even to call a friend to walk around nor use computer, but then i have my bag ready with my gloves and strips, i go punching the bag and working out (my gym is open until late in the night) and when i come back im so good mood and tired that all i want is my proteins and my bed. Go up man, when busier you are less time to worry.

Thread Information