musclehead1 is offline Member

u only think u have ur doc's Confidentality

hi guys from what i heard we don't have our docs Confidentality becuz if they feel we can harm ourselves or others they are obligated to inform authorities. So id think twice b4 u go ask ur docs opinion/advise. I once read in the paper that this successful business women told her psychologist that she had thought/planning to kill her husband. That doctor told the authorities where they took her to a mental hospital. (i only remember the story vagly, but i do know that sum women told her psychologist sumthing and the authorities were knocking on her door as soon as she got home)

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    hi guys from what i heard we don't have our docs Confidentality becuz if they feel we can harm ourselves or others they are obligated to inform authorities. So id think twice b4 u go ask ur docs opinion/advise. I once read in the paper that this successful business women told her psychologist that she had thought/planning to kill her husband. That doctor told the authorities where they took her to a mental hospital. (i only remember the story vagly, but i do know that sum women told her psychologist sumthing and the authorities were knocking on her door as soon as she got home)
    =============

Another consequence of the "War on Drugs."
    If AS were decriminalized, we could get expert medical advice when we needed it without fear of jailtime. Thanks to the politicians who support this madness, our health is unnecessarily jeopardized.
    Moral -- don't support politicians who support making AS users criminals.

That's the shortest post I've written in a while . . . must be losing my touch . . .
    -Tock

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Yeah, a doc could clarrify it up pretty well but what you are saying is true. You can't tell just anyone anything. There are rules to the game and docs have to follow them if you do incriminate yourself like that.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I was a little puzzled by that, in fact. I'm currently under doctor's care with Workman's Comp and wasn't sure if I should reveal that I've been using AS for a while. I had a private talk with my sis-in-law, who often deals 1-on-1 with doctors, and she told me that if they knew of my AS usage, I would probably lose my job. Considering that, technically, they are working for Workman's Comp and the employers and not me.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    The other thing that u have to be careful about is that if u disclose the information of your own AS use to your doctor, or any doctor and u become sick of any sort, if the doctor tells ur health insurance carrier, they will drop you because they look at it as a person on AS is more unhealthy and dangerous than some one that is not...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    This is completely outside of patient confidentiality. When you hire a lawyer anything you tel them is in strict confidence...if it has ALREADY happened. If you told your lawyer you were PLANNING on killing someone you wind up in slammer instaed of funny farm. Same deal with doctors.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I'll give all my answer Tuesday when I see my doc,he's a friend and he'll clear this matter up...DB

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    interesting i would like to know about this..... fill us in bull

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i know one of my friends tells his doctor just about everything he does, and the doctor actually gives him advice and critiques his cycles that he plans out, but id suspect my buddy and this doctor are friends outside of the actual clinic

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    i know one of my friends tells his doctor just about everything he does, and the doctor actually gives him advice and critiques his cycles that he plans out, but id suspect my buddy and this doctor are friends outside of the actual clinic
    Friends or no friends bro........my doc will give all a full explaination Tuesday,I'm curious of the grey areas myself.....DB

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is no cut and dry explanation..Doctor's are bound by a strict Doctor/Patient confidentiality rule, but it is often broken or bent for various reasons..It really comes down to the particular Doctor's ability to articulate why he is disclosing personal patient information..Discretion is a big deal when it comes to telling any information about a patient..I can assure you that every Doctor has his/her own way of interpreting the Doctor/Patient confidentiality rule and this should be taken into consideration anytime you decide to disclose any information on illegal activities..

Doc M

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    **** its good to hear from a Doc.. Doc

and all I know is I wanna be seen by DaBull's doc...

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    I was a little puzzled by that, in fact. I'm currently under doctor's care with Workman's Comp and wasn't sure if I should reveal that I've been using AS for a while. I had a private talk with my sis-in-law, who often deals 1-on-1 with doctors, and she told me that if they knew of my AS usage, I would probably lose my job. Considering that, technically, they are working for Workman's Comp and the employers and not me.
    I think this is a special situation...in this case, then yea, you might not tell your doctor, as he is more involved with workman's comp than your health.

if you're dealing with your personal doc, then i think confidentiality is more secure. from what i understand, they only disclose info if you (the patient) or someone around you is in direct danger of being harmed (like in the case of the woman wanting to kill her husband)

Thread Information